• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for active RP Guild

M

Mialee

Greetings Catskills! I've come back to the game after about a 4-5 year absence, and I'm looking for a guild to join. I've never rp'ed before, but I've always wanted to try, so I figure what better time than now?

My character is a GM Mage/Med, and I'm now working on Taming. I'm open to any type of rp guild, as long as they're willing to help me get started!

I just bought a house outside Skara, and it cost me all the gold I have, but I'm more than willing, in fact, I would love to move into a player run town of some sort if there is space.

So, please if you know a guild that's recruiting and would be interested in a new role-player, let me know!

M

Mialee

Anyone? I see a link to the Role-Playing Ring, but it seems to be all for people who already know how to role-play and have an idea of what they're doing. Does anyone know a guild that can help me get started?

G

Most any rp guild if you let them know will help you learn to role-play and if you have any questions you can always ask. I'd say make a post introducing yourself on one of the community websites with your ICQ. I bet you'll find people willing to help you out, I'm just not so sure many of them visit these forums regularly. An' as always you have me on ICQ so if you have any questions on role-playing you can ask or post on the Onyx Flame forums and someone will be more than willing to help you out!

S

Sister Annorah

Have you thought of what type of character you would like to make? Good, evil, human, elf, undead? That would be a good start and then you would know what type of guild you'd like to join. There are "regular" guilds like Kingdom of Everthorne that is what it sounds like -- mostly humans and good aligned. We have a pirate's guild, vampire guilds, Drow guilds...you get the idea

Assia's right. Not as many RPers read this forum as regular as say the RP Ring. I check it about once a week. Don't be intimidated by the RP Ring. Everyone is very friendly and will offer help if you post in the OOC thread called the Ultima Online Tavern.

Role playing can be very simple. THere's one general rule of thumb. Stay in character.
Don't do things like "lol" and talk about your computer in game. IF you character is evil, then be evil. If he's good, then be good. A Knight wouldn't be seen gallavanting around with a brigand usually.

I look at role playing as if I'm in a play. You wouldn't stop in the middle of the play and say, "oh brb gotta grab the phone" You stay in character. RP is the same thing.

My icq is 9563237 of you want to contact me.

Good luck!

CharlieTib

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since your new to rp id make a simple character first then move onto playing another type.Spacific species have sp[acifics to follow which for a new rper may be tough... but hey if youd like to jump in go for it! I can help you if youd like to make a different species (drow,vampire and such) Plus yes there are great rp guilds who would help out.

One thing to remember...DONT BE INTIMIDATED, just rp, dont be nervous its for fun always remember that.

my icq is 176782236 if youd like to talk to me.Have fun!!!

G

Biggest tip I can give ya : when you start RPin, best character to play is yourself, till you get in the swing of things. Like others have said, treat is as if you were in a play.

The reason I say, "Play yourself." Is you know what you would do in a situation.

Once you get the basics of role-playin down, then start to branch off and try different character types.

As for which guild to join, I wish you luck. At the moment, I am not an active player on the Catskills Shard. Or, really in any games at the moment. Real life has got me full swing

Best of luck to you. There are many great guilds on Catskills. Talk to some of the GMs. They will help ya with what they can.

Once I'm back in game, i'll do what I can to help as well

K'tiri/Morea - Q# 435887063