• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking For a Good Guild!!

• Thread starter TF Shadow Lord
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
T

TF Shadow Lord

Been playing sence April of 1999 i see lots of people have left and hope to see them come back some time...

Was wondering if anyone knows of a good guild to Join Looking for good friendly people Thanks a Bunch!!!!

TF-Shadow Lord

War Wizard

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
name looks familar.... you would not happen to have been in M&D? I was M&D in the begining... Brit graveyard fighting.

H

hqn at Baja

Wow now that's a familiar name as well as M&D, I remember playing with an Enter Sandman along time ago, but that's all I remember haha.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
name looks familar.... you would not happen to have been in M&D? I was M&D in the begining... Brit graveyard fighting.
very familar. those M&D late night clusterfooks were fun back then. wiz were you one of those house hiding bastids that was chased by an :eek: ? lol good times

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Friend,

Tamers of Tomorrow is an excellent albeit small band of Tamers (TOT) aiding all Tamers but especially Tamers in making.

UTB is a larger and equally excellent Guild with emphasis upon Tamers.

AFK, Almost Famous Knights is a fine Guild with emphasis upon warriors etc.

Council of Spirits is a fine bunch of guildies as is the UGK, UnderGround Knights.

Or M!S, the society of misfits may be to your liking.

It is also my understanding that the Society of Archers (S|A) is again growing and seeking folks to join with them.

Hopefully members from these and other fine guilds of Baja will step forward and welcome thee.

An SoS

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey TF,

A week ago I heard on our vent that you were talking with somebody in SI and they gave you our site to fill out an app. Not sure if this happened, if there was follow through or not. I don't want you to feel neglected so heres an invite to fill out an app for membership into SI at spawnersinc.com.

A quick synopsis of SI: We focus on spawns; since pvp is an inevitable aspect of spawning we also do some pvp. We're a relatively large and active guild that covers pretty much every area of what UO offers. Structure and organization keeps us strong, organized and drama free (99% of the time :twak:). To be clear so there are no conflicts of interest, we currently fight all Red PK guilds & M!S.

If you think we might be a good fit for you, fill out an app.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To be clear so there are no conflicts of interest, we currently fight all Red PK guilds & M!S.
That part could of been said in a PM or said in your own forums if he applies to SI or any of you're allies. Dont see anybody else in the above posts mention reds or M!S.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Checkmate M!S!!

Chalk up another one for wanting to have their own identity not be one with the borg :)

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
fail.... They are allied to el cartel
LAWL M!S is not. We may have an understanding but we are not allied. How can you ally a faction guild? YOU CANT!! Explain that one when you know cant. GSE and Cartel is allied.

M!S has no influence on Cartel or GSE. SK and his crew can do what they want without having to ask anybody to do anything. GSE same situation. M!S same situation. We may work together from time to time and when Haz pops in and says lets go do this we do. Why not? We are all just cool with each other. Big difference. Airhaun said it. SI fights all red PK guilds and M!S. Sorry I win..... you ....EPIC FAIL!

I > You

C

Capt.E

when gse & cartel pop a harry and it's nothing but mis tamers killing said harry..... Newsflash!!! That's an alliance. Fail... In your attempt to debuff the accusations. Also when mis is raided, who shows up??? That's right GSE and cartel... Weird??!??

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure why Zosimus is taking this so personal. We’ve been seeing a lot of you lately. May I ask who your characters are in-game? It would be nice to put a face to the name so-to-speak.

I was actually reluctant to post but felt bad and wanted to make sure TF Shadow Lord found himself a community. Who a guild fights is important political information as it may cause conflicts. For example: I want to join SI but have a few friends I play with in GSE… not a good idea.

I’m glad you found a guild TF, I hope it’s a great fit for you and you have a blast!

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when gse & cartel pop a harry and it's nothing but mis tamers killing said harry..... Newsflash!!! That's an alliance. Fail... In your attempt to debuff the accusations. Also when mis is raided, who shows up??? That's right GSE and cartel... Weird??!??
Sigh.... lets do this again... Its a verbal agreement. M!S cant ally a faction guild. If M!S does area spells it does damage to GSE or Cartel. Where the Borg can do area spells and doesn't do any damage to the other borgs. If GSE or Cartel raided M!S spawn then there be no more verbal agreement. If the Borg was spawning and some of the other borg sections comes in and raided then the Borg would have a high council meeting. The borg council would discuss what borg ally or allies that raided their own alliance and who was control of that particular borg section. So maybe the offending borgs would get kicked from the alliance but keep the borg ally b/c the Borg depends on numbers. An alliance is strong and has a council to discuss any issues or trouble. Where a verbal agreement can change any minute.

GSE and Cartel wants a fight so they have M!S do the harry to lure anybody wanting to take it. Its easier for M!S to work it while we fight. The borg raids M!S they will call in help and we come for a fight. GSE and Cartel also does their own spawning and raiding without M!S most times. Nothing wrong with an agreement but we are not officially allied. Until you can ally regular guilds to factions again then I will say we are allied. Until then and if you can prove the coding and devs wrong you cant ally a faction guild with a regular guild anymore. Verbal agreements and actual alliances by again uo coding is different. I hope that sinks in.

Airhorn, I'll say who I am when Lubertdas ( or however ya spell it) does. If ya checked your PM already you could of least thanked me but alas SI and you proved me right again. Plus I think its wrong when you specifically called out a guilds name in a recruiting post. If you want to hurt other guilds recruiting then go for it. The Borg seems to be benefitting from your allies since they are shrinking and you are gaining in numbers. To each his own right? I will return the favor for the next LFG post comes up about the Borg. You may think I dont care about the community but I do. I believe in a community with diversity and guilds with their own identity. Good or bad. Not all swallowed up into one huge alliance with the one that gets all the credit. Never here C@S and allies, or Pak and allies ect ect ect...just SI.

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Friend,

Tamers of Tomorrow is an excellent albeit small band of Tamers (TOT) aiding all Tamers but especially Tamers in making.

UTB is a larger and equally excellent Guild with emphasis upon Tamers.

AFK, Almost Famous Knights is a fine Guild with emphasis upon warriors etc.

Council of Spirits is a fine bunch of guildies as is the UGK, UnderGround Knights.

Or M!S, the society of misfits may be to your liking.

It is also my understanding that the Society of Archers (S|A) is again growing and seeking folks to join with them.

Hopefully members from these and other fine guilds of Baja will step forward and welcome thee.

An SoS
Plus I think its wrong when you specifically called out a guilds name in a recruiting post.
Still striving to find credibility and valid points in your argument as well as the source of your visible bitterness & hostility.

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never here C@S and allies, or Pak and allies ect ect ect...just SI.
Off the top of my head I believe Capt. E is GBU, Yalp is CTDM. What venue of communication were you expecting to hear from GBU, C@S, PAK, etc.? Anybody in our Alliance is free to post or communicate in whatever way,shape or form they chose. Are you suggesting a 'gag order' of types exists? SI is the Alliance Leader and by far the most active and largest guild in our Alliance; therefor the dynamics of our group dictates you will see more SI at spawns, in the PvP arena, and even posting on these boards. Why other Alliance members aren't as 'visible' to your standards or expectations as you would like them to be is as difficult a question to answer as why this is such a grand issue for you to begin with.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look Airhorn :p

1) The one post with all the guilds was ok. I had no issue with it. There was no agenda just a freindly advice to what guilds TF could look at.

2) You're post was pk guilds and M!S. That was just trying to steer him your direction and try to hurt any red guild or M!S recruiting process by your remark. You are the largest guild or Borg which is more fitting so of course its tactcis to get more people.

3) If you cant understand that I dont know what else to tell you. I am not bothered by your posts btw. Just view it as a recruting tactcis that I think is uncalled for. Im actually pretty calm guy :)

4) Ya missed the C@S and allies comment. It went over ya head. I was saying ..again..I really hate to repeat myself...that SI basically gets credit. GBU actually does give an effort but gets no glory. The posts always focuses on SI and allies. lol Look them up. I see more C@S and GBU at fel fighting then I do SI. I just see more SI at spawns.

I didnt say they cant posts or should post more. I say if SI posts more then give your allies some credit then just saying we ( as in SI) in them :) Let them have their identity as an ally and a guild :)

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Take it to PMs or this thread is gone.

Understandable enough?

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What would be nice to see here is the GM of each guild interested in recruiting to write something about their guild. Basically a sales pitch for their guild describing what their guild is about, what they look for in their recruits without having to defend what they say or their points being argued and a way for someone who is interested to contact the GM.

I think this would be a great way for newcomers to Baja to learn about our guilds and determine which would fit their playstyle. Is there any interest in such a thing? If there is, would people like to see a sticky thread for something like this?

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What would be nice to see here is the GM of each guild interested in recruiting to write something about their guild. Basically a sales pitch for their guild describing what their guild is about, what they look for in their recruits without having to defend what they say or their points being argued and a way for someone who is interested to contact the GM.

I think this would be a great way for newcomers to Baja to learn about our guilds and determine which would fit their playstyle. Is there any interest in such a thing? If there is, would people like to see a sticky thread for something like this?

Before I finalize a sticky thread for guild info I'd like more input regarding what type of information would be useful to those who are searching for a guild.

Please head on over to this thread, take a look at whats been posted thus far, and add to it what you think would be beneficial. Lets come up with something that can actually be useful! Please pass this on to any Guild Masters/Mistress' that you know. Thanks!

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=180541