• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Looking for a couple people from days past

S

Sivanath

I would have to say, that it has been countless years since I've long since stumbled into a forum, let alone even thought about UO. It was my first mmo, my first real time working on a character and dedicating it to rp.

That very first character was Mortigan, who happened to join the United Pirates back in 1998 around the time T2A was released. Other names have come and gone, but I believe the one most notable was Vincent.

Yes, *that* Vincent. However, the purpose here isn't to rant incessantly about who I was, but to see if anyone happened to know any information about a few select people from the old rp days. From shifting to different computers to losing all contact information, to the years just piling on and memories fading, I came across a few old reminders and thought that Id toss a post up and monitor it for a couple days.

One being Katya DeCourtney, the old GM of the Knights of Yew. I don't particularly remember the last time we spoke, I do know that all communication was effectively killed when I lost my ICQ number and hers.

The other, sadly, I can't even remember his last name which should be a crime given how much fun we had as the faux french duo Guy LeFlamme and Pierre. I *think* the last name was Dubois, he had so many other characters though, so many foils to my own, we were quite the duo back in the day. That drifted apart sure enough like any other online friendship. You quit playing the same game, slowly it turns to one/two word sentences and hellos on an IM program, the next thing you know 6, 7, years have gone by and you wonder how they're doing. I believe he had a vampire character named Khidan or something to that effect, I can't for the life of me remember.

Regardless! If anyone happens to know what happened to those two over the years, Id be interested in hearing it. For that matter, if I knew you and you care to, I'd like to hear whatever you have been doing for so long as well.

Of course, history being what it is, maybe I shouldn't be stirring up things out of a morbid curiosity. We shall certainly see!

(And whatever happened to Dramora for that matter?)

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That very first character was Mortigan, who happened to join the United Pirates back in 1998 around the time T2A was released.
Ahhh yes back in the days of the Jolly Roger Inn. Does that establishment still stand in the same spot or was it moved?

S

Sivanath

I believe it was involved in a fair bit of drama as the building (which was blessed by Seers/GMs along with the neighboring Virtue Village) either changed hands or something happened to the ownership which if memory serves ultimately led to either its disappearance or it being changed dramatically.

That being said, Hawkeye Pike would be the man to question regarding the full history of the U.P., given that he's probably the longest surviving member and ultimate authority of all things pirate on Catskills. I haven't been here in so many years but I do know other buildings that were blessed ultimately fell to the wayside in Fel once they started changing hands to, how to put it delicately, "less than stellar pillars of the community". As with the way of things, change happens and sadly sometimes the historic districts are the ones that feel the bite the most.

We can't hope to live in a bubble that's for sure, and lord knows UO won't be here forever. Still, it was nice to see something I was a part of even for such a limited time still remembered 12 years hence.

B

Beleg Megil

Dramora quit. Last I heard, she still played WoW occasionally. PM her here, she checks in every couple of months.

Katya pretty much quit all online stuff in october last year. No contact info availible.

And I'm pretty sure your cohort also played characters like Sutton, Jonathan Smalls, and "Mr. Templeton". Had a thief guild called "Blue Pigeons" right? Last ICQ # I have for him is 223273843. Dunno if it still works.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Katya stopped using her ICQ number shortly after she stopped being the GM of KoY (although, I have so many ICQ numbers on my list, and they're all just numbers now, she might have started using it again).

Not sure about Pierre, never had a way to contact him.

Dramora... probably still uses her ICQ, but I have no clue which one it is (again, my list is all numbers now, not nicknames... slowly trying to fix that).

As for the Jolly Roger Inn...
http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/pirates/maps.htm
http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/pirates/map_piratevillage.htm

edit:: Wow... lots of replies before I finally got around to finishing typing :)

S

Sivanath

Well, that about clears that up then eh? I suppose its a good thing the trail ends here, I wouldn't know what to do if they actually replied or even noticed I was making inquiries. It would make for a rather awkward reunion, what five or six years after the fact and I'm just now getting around to taking a look back.

Mostly I was just hoping to hear that they were alive and well and off doing whatever it is they enjoy. Knowing Sutton he's got himself into several things all at once with about fifty new names.

Katya, hum, disappointing that nobody really knows what happened there. Not that Id really know what to say to her now that all this time has passed by. No real clue at all what I would do except stare blankly at a reply.

Regardless, thanks for the info, and here's hoping they're enjoying life, as are the rest of you. With that, I disappear for yet more untold years!