• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for a chart for resist info.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a chart that shows the minimum resists on armor types i.e. leather/plate etc. that shows the maximum resists an armor piece can have before it is considered an imbuing slot?

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a chart that shows the minimum resists on armor types i.e. leather/plate etc. that shows the maximum resists an armor piece can have before it is considered an imbuing slot?
Hi mate, there is one on the stickys at the top of this forumsir, its a comprehensive list. Also I believe if you use Pinco's on EC then it will display the maximum mods, correct me if I am wrong buit seriously, the sticky on here is the best list.

Last edited:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Note that there is no "maximum resists an armor piece can have before it is considered an imbuing slot".

It's a Yes/No situation not a property value threshold.

If ANY of the points in a resist are from runic crafting, imbuing or reforging, it's a property slot.
If the resists are ONLY from base resists, exceptional/arms lore bonuses, and material, it doesn't take a slot.

Theoretically, as a result, you can have a resist over 20 that doesn't count toward slots (by having over half the Exceptional bonus fall into one resist, then enhancing), but that's extremely rare.

Similarly, it's possible to have 1 point over item minimum in a resist and it count as a property (though these days, that's usually the result of lowering a resist to minimum with imbuing, to make room for imbuing other properties).

RazicGL

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Note that there is no "maximum resists an armor piece can have before it is considered an imbuing slot".

If the resists are ONLY from base resists, exceptional/arms lore bonuses, and material, it doesn't take a slot.

Theoretically, as a result, you can have a resist over 20 that doesn't count toward slots (by having over half the Exceptional bonus fall into one resist, then enhancing), but that's extremely rare.
@ OP - Its crafting this way that makes a good suit (to me at least) as you make pieces you want to save ANY that have one or more resist with 0 exceptional points on one or more resist, also do the same for any that you get with 14-16 on one resist as again, in the right suit they can save you an imbue. Not only will this mean you are not wasting any resist points when making your pieces but it will also mean the other resist, naturally, are higher and will get more out of ehancing also. Also, don't be shy of mixing materials that you enhance with. all barbed is nice but a mix of Horned / barbed enhancing, in the right sitution can leave you with more flexibility with both imbues and your base resist spread. Its also worth mentioning that Hit point increase is capped at 25 points from items... a fact I forget loads of times when making suits built with crimmy's!

Within reason, with enough patience, and number crunching you can make some amazing suits with reforging / imbue / enhance. just remember to POF before you imbue and ALWAYS use a forged tool for enhancing or you may as well just put the piece in the trash lol as it will be destroyed.