• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking for 16 like minded people to make a commitment till the end of the year!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Hi All,

I am feeling a bit lonely over in the Stratics Donation Portal - lol

Other than my frequent friend and visitor @Piotr {thanks friend :) } I rarely see anyone else.

I have heard the best way to get a group going is to invite a few friends so here is your personal invite.

I am looking for 16 people to commit to a $5 per month donation between now and the end of the year.

Click here to join the fun!
If my friends rally and we can beat that goal Hurrah!! :cheerleader:

Stratics is a great community and I would love to see the funding request be exceeded in a way that allows the Stratics team to develop some great add ins and features, content, etc for the community.

Now for your throw down challenge.

If we can get 16 to commit and make their donation by midnight pacific standard time tonight. I will kick in an additional $25 this month.

Click here to counted in!

If you all can come together and get 50 people to donate and commit by midnight PST tomorrow. I will kick in an additional $100 this month.

Click here to join your Guild Mates

To easy you say?

Fine

You guys rally the community and get 250+ people to donate $5 and commit to that to the end of the year By midnight PST sunday may 21st , I will donate an additional 1$ for each person. Example 307 people donated and committed is $307 in additional donations.

Heck yeah, let's make Lord Nabin Pay!!!

Well I think that was pretty straight forward challenge.

Get involved and call your friends :) an opportunity like this doesn't come along often.

*Raises a glass of good old Moonglow Red to the crowd in the tavern room and settles back into his chair for a puff on his pipe filled with Ter Mur TreeFellow Tabac*

Thanks Stratics Staff and contributors for all of you tireless work!

Last edited:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is Paypal the only way to donate?
I'm not really a lover of Paypal.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is Paypal the only way to donate?
I'm not really a lover of Paypal.
According to the pictures on the main page under the donate button, credit and debit cards should work as well.

Untitled.png

Edit:

It appears Archnight is correct. I just tried it and it makes you go to paypal anyway.

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Nabin:
Short answer: NO!
Long answer: Can't be stated on Stratics.
I have donated in the past. that was proven to be a mistake.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well done everyone.

Is there any transparency here? Is there any way to see what the costs of running the site are and where the donations go? Or does part of the money go towards the stratics staff xmas party? ;)

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well done everyone.

Is there any transparency here? Is there any way to see what the costs of running the site are and where the donations go? Or does part of the money go towards the stratics staff xmas party? ;)
My donation is purely a bribe so they don't ban me. I do seem to get a bit "passionate" about UO sometimes. :D

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well done everyone.

Woah Woah Woah.....

Staff Xmas party?!?!?! Why the heck haven't I been invited??? :mad::fight:

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Well done everyone.

To answer your question on a more serious note.... It is my understanding that the board of Stratics is operating the site under non-profit status. Any donations or add money earned goes right back into the upkeep and maintenance of the site. When and if there is a few extra bucks, we use them towards funding rewards in our community contests that can be found here UO Stratics Contests and Events . So long story simplified, there is no hypothetical fat guy with a cigar sitting on mounds of cash around here ;).

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was a serious question so thanks for the answer. Do non profit organisations not still require transparency regarding donations/expenditure?

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It was a serious question so thanks for the answer. Do non profit organisations not still require transparency regarding donations/expenditure?
I don't know the answer to that question. I do remember there were several financial disclosures around the time of the campaign. I would advise you or anyone else wanting such information, to email the board directly at [email protected]

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its not non-profit. we've been told here that its "not for profit". big difference, and the reason paypal donations are not tax deductable.

you can also find informatin your looking for without too much trouble on the web.

i could say alot more, but wont.

Last edited:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
its not non-profit. we've been told here that its "not for profit". big difference, and the reason paypal donations are not tax deductable.

you can also find informatin your looking for without too much trouble on the web.

i could say alot more, but wont.
Unbenannt.png

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Great work everyone.

I knew there were like minded people out there just waiting to be asked to help out.

It will be interesting to see how this will wrap up by midnight tonight.

Thank you for your participation and support. You know in this life we are all called to give.

Sometimes its with our time and other times its with our money. Once in awhile with both.

Since I do not have a lot of time lately I am happy to place my monthly donation and see it as a thank you for those who do take a lot of time to provide the community with content, moderation, platforms and well just a place to interact. It's an acknowledgement of all the hard work countless volunteers have put time into over the years.

We each have a role to play as part of the community and every little bit of effort helps.

Thanks again everyone and we will see you around midnight :)

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I'd found that too ... it states organization type 'profit'. Some interesting numbers on the internet too. Im considering a donation but the lack of transparency is worrying.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I stand corrected. I also misunderstood the "not for profit" for non-profit. In the brief conversation I had with a board member, it was explained that under registration we did not qualify to be listed as "non-profit". Then followed a whole lot of legal mumbo jumbo I am just not smart enough to understand lol.

Once someone from the board is available, they will post to clean up the confusion. But I do know, none of us actually make pocketed profit from running Stratics, including the board.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
But GAMERS GAMBIT makes a profit?
Gamers Gambit is the professional name for the business, composed of the board members and no, they do not pocket or make any additional money. It is all used for the site and contests.

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the clarity. It seems the site is not in need of donations and is comfortably paying the server costs and has enough left over to give away thousands of sovereigns as prizes. Any donation I make would only benefit those winning the contests, not to keep the site running. Again thanks for the info.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the clarity. It seems the site is not in need of donations and is comfortably paying the server costs and has enough left over to give away thousands of sovereigns as prizes. Any donation I make would only benefit those winning the contests, not to keep the site running. Again thanks for the info.
:facepalm:

Let's be honest here... you were never going to donate in the first place. You found ur cop out on this one, bravo *Claps* :rolleyes:

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord

Let's be honest here... you were never going to donate in the first place. You found ur cop out on this one, bravo *Claps* :rolleyes:
His exit was in the post title. "Like minded people"

He knows he is not like minded and has demonstrated this time and again.

Let's not feed the everlasting troll.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

i would have donated substantially to the site (thousands) if i knew more about the legal status of the site, as well if certain conditions were altered. Just saying, for some of us its not a "cop out".

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
i would have donated substantially to the site (thousands) if i knew more about the legal status of the site, as well if certain conditions were altered. Just saying, for some of us its not a "cop out".
What does legal status have to do with it? Short and simple: It's a video game forum.

This is just another cop out.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
That's fine friend and I appreciate your candor. We all make choices and have boundaries. I for one didn't see anything you had to say as a cop out.

Like I said in the title. I am looking for like minded people. If you are not in alignment that's fine. :) No judgement here.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Once we get the official response from an admin on this I seriously hope you'll be donating those "thousands" like you say, i'm tired of seeing some individuals profit off this site through Gold/RMT and never seem to donate to the site they're posting on...

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thank you so much to everyone who supports Stratics in any way--be it financial, verbal, current or past staff service, or simply being a good community member.

To make a few things very clear:

-All staff, up to and including the board, are unpaid. The only perk an active staff member gets above a normal member is that they get Stratics Professional membership for free as long as they are active on staff. And no, there is no "staff Christmas party". /eyeroll

-Money received by Stratics goes ONLY back into the site itself. This includes software updates and licenses/renewals, business and legal costs, contest prizes, any other site-associated costs that may arise, and the maintenance of an emergency fund. The more money we have, the more we are able to give back, and the more options we have for improving the site. (If you have ideas for what kind of improvements you think the site could use, please post your ideas in the Stratics Help and Suggestions forum or email [email protected]. For the record, the leadership email is a distribution list that forwards emails to all the board members. If you email leadership, you will get a reply from an individual (usually me), but replies are discussed among us before being approved and sent.)

-A donation to Stratics is just that. It does not purchase preferential treatment.

-I am the person in charge of purchasing. Not one single cent has been spent on ANYTHING outside of what I described above.

-We will discuss internally what financial details we find appropriate for public consumption, and those will be published, if they are, in the State of Stratics updates. The most recent one was published in March.

-The Save Stratics thread remains the primary guiding philosophy for what we want to do here. What we haven't been able to achieve from the campaign promises, we are still actively working on.

We don't have a huge crew and our staff is 100% unpaid volunteers. We are not perfect and have not gotten as far as we had hoped in the time since the campaign, but we are still here and still trying to make things run the way we promised to the best of our ability and to the extent that is possible and legal. That may mean that our original vision will have to adjust somewhat, but we are still committed to getting as close to what we promised as realistically possible.

There are some people on this site who won't be happy no matter what we do. That's your prerogative. However, there is no ill intent at work from the Stratics board or staff--we work on Stratics out of a love for Ultima Online and for this site and community, not for any personal gain.

Once again, a huge THANK YOU to everyone who continues to support Stratics!

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lets be honest here, thats pure supposition on your part. I was seriously considering a donation ( I can afford it, easily), if it meant keeping the site running. I did some research and my findings were that the ad revenue alone is enough to pay the fees and keep the site running. Donations are simply given away again in the form of sovereigns for prizes. Im not funding your prizes.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Riyana thankyou. its nice to be kept up on information. One of the major issues is i dont think anyone has much of an idea whos actually on the board, or if all board members are reading those emails or actively participating. I havent heard from ellenni in over a year, and shes the "owner".

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
@Riyana thankyou. its nice to be kept up on information. One of the major issues is i dont think anyone has much of an idea whos actually on the board, or if all board members are reading those emails or actively participating. I havent heard from ellenni in over a year, and shes the "owner".
The board consists of Elenni, Larisa, Nexus, Oscar the Grouch, and myself. Elenni found herself with a travel-heavy, intensive job a little while after the campaign, but she has been in contact with me within the past month. As I said, we are still working on some things, but it's not malice, it's life. Most of us work full time or more in addition to what we do here.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Thank you so much to everyone who supports Stratics in any way--be it financial, verbal, current or past staff service, or simply being a good community member.

To make a few things very clear:

-All staff, up to and including the board, are unpaid. The only perk an active staff member gets above a normal member is that they get Stratics Professional membership for free as long as they are active on staff. And no, there is no "staff Christmas party". /eyeroll

-Money received by Stratics goes ONLY back into the site itself. This includes software updates and licenses/renewals, business and legal costs, contest prizes, any other site-associated costs that may arise, and the maintenance of an emergency fund. The more money we have, the more we are able to give back, and the more options we have for improving the site. (If you have ideas for what kind of improvements you think the site could use, please post your ideas in the Stratics Help and Suggestions forum or email [email protected]. For the record, the leadership email is a distribution list that forwards emails to all the board members. If you email leadership, you will get a reply from an individual (usually me), but replies are discussed among us before being approved and sent.)

-A donation to Stratics is just that. It does not purchase preferential treatment.

-I am the person in charge of purchasing. Not one single cent has been spent on ANYTHING outside of what I described above.

-We will discuss internally what financial details we find appropriate for public consumption, and those will be published, if they are, in the State of Stratics updates. The most recent one was published in March.

-The Save Stratics thread remains the primary guiding philosophy for what we want to do here. What we haven't been able to achieve from the campaign promises, we are still actively working on.

We don't have a huge crew and our staff is 100% unpaid volunteers. We are not perfect and have not gotten as far as we had hoped in the time since the campaign, but we are still here and still trying to make things run the way we promised to the best of our ability and to the extent that is possible and legal. That may mean that our original vision will have to adjust somewhat, but we are still committed to getting as close to what we promised as realistically possible.

There are some people on this site who won't be happy no matter what we do. That's your prerogative. However, there is no ill intent at work from the Stratics board or staff--we work on Stratics out of a love for Ultima Online and for this site and community, not for any personal gain.

Once again, a huge THANK YOU to everyone who continues to support Stratics!
Thanks Riyana, It's a pleasure to support you and all the rest of the Volunteers. Looking forward to seeing what you and the team will have for us next .