• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Looking Back and Moving Forwards. - Faeryl

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After the trial of Lady Amandine, Faeryl wandered aimlessly through the forests around Yew. The sun had long since risen and had nearly completed its journey across the sky, but the elf continued wandering, lost in her thoughts and memories of the night before. She remembered entering the courtroom with trepidation, her courage almost failing her before she had even taken her seat. She remembered the sadness that had tugged at her heart as Lady Amandine was brought in and seated before them. The words she had been told mere days before the trial had taken place echoed in her mind: "She does NOT want a sympathetic prosecutor at her trial." She remembered how she had forced her feelings aside, steeling herself to do the one thing that almost no one had expected from her: speak against the one she had followed so diligently and with unquestioning loyalty. How much she was shaking when she had finished…

*THUMP*

“Ow.”

Stumbling backwards, she rubbed her head and glared at the wall that had so rudely knocked her from her reverie before slowly realizing she had ended up back where she had started. With a final glare at the offending wall, Faeryl turned, pulled the doors open and quietly climbed the stairs to the now empty courtroom.

As her eyes travelled over the courtroom, her memories once again flooded back into her mind. Recalling Lady Amandine’s outbursts as the cases were presented made her wince; for she knew they could very well have carried some weight in the final decision of the jury, though the guilty verdict had not been nearly the shock that the sentence had been. While grateful that Lady Amandine had not been put to death, Faeryl had found herself stunned and deeply saddened at the verdict of forced retirement.

As the sentence had been declared she found herself torn on how she should be feeling. On one hand, she had fulfilled her promise to prosecute to the best of her ability, but on the other hand… It had been difficult, more difficult than anyone could imagine, knowing that she had argued contrary to her own opinion, and had aided in condemning Lady Amandine. She knew others would be angry with her for her role, but she tried not to let it bother her. They didn’t know… They didn’t understand…

“Dammit…”

Forcing back the tears that threatened to fall, she tried to focus on something else, anything else. Toying with the Standard she wore around her neck, Faeryl contemplated the many unanswered questions which remained in the wake of the trial. What would Lady Amandine do now? What would become of the Crux Ansata? Would they get a new commander, or would they dissolve and go their separate ways? With a final glance and a sigh, Faeryl turned to leave, and hesitating only a moment, she whispered her thoughts before departing.

“You cannot change what’s over, but only where you go…”

Buck Oily

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Well young one, you did indeed suprise me. I had you pegged as one who would do her level best to free your tyrannical leader. You have no idea how much it pains me to say this, but you may indeed be an honorable person after all. Perhaps I rushed to judgement on you due to the company you kept.

*walks away thinking, or did she need Danica out of the way so she could climb the ranks higher and faster*

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well young one, you did indeed suprise me. I had you pegged as one who would do her level best to free your tyrannical leader. You have no idea how much it pains me to say this, but you may indeed be an honorable person after all. Perhaps I rushed to judgement on you due to the company you kept.
Although I would have liked to help defend Lady Amandine, sadly that was not to be.

Perhaps you did rush to judgement. "Don't judge a book by its cover" as they say...