• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Logrus, I'm stoked you're talking to us...

Garm The Green

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...and considering the clatter of opinions.

Fair play, it's been years since I've seen a dec integrate with the fanbase in such a way.

Pretty awesome :eek:)

I think the touches you're adding sound fab. Some will be happy, some won't, but at the end of the day, you're adding something for us and it's always nice to have a bit of a bonus.

So erm, thankyou for your input whatever the turnout :D

Brytt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree. I, for one, am pleased as punch that my class is getting this attention, as well as your willingness to distill some of the more energetic conversations into constructive feature tweaks.

Big ol' thanks from this Bard. I'm chomping at the bit to go Provo-Master!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i like the new stuff.

i must admit they dont do much, but its better then nothing.

and im certainlly not seeing the +8 mana regen off the peace spell!!!

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The +8 is going to be at 120/120
I'll recheck the code later to check the exact gain rate but I believe I had coded it for 1 regen per 10 points of skill in musicianship or peacemaking starting at 90 (trueskill).

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
modified skill would be better, maybe the min skill of 90 real would be ok...

Here is my opinion:

- put item to reach 120, cast and then remove the items -> bad thing and should not be allowed

- put item to reach 120 and keep item during the effect -> right thing, and I think this should be allowed, because you are sacrificing part of your equipment for get more skills.

U

ultima77

modified skill would be better, maybe the min skill of 90 real would be ok...

Here is my opinion:

- put item to reach 120, cast and then remove the items -> bad thing and should not be allowed

- put item to reach 120 and keep item during the effect -> right thing, and I think this should be allowed, because you are sacrificing part of your equipment for get more skills.
I have no problem with the abilities using real skill. It's about time UO rewarded players for having real skill in difficult to raise areas. Stopping spells from interrupting songs and, to a lesser degree, reducing overall mana cost are far more pressing issues.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the problem is this:
actually exist the skill bonus property, so or it can be used for all the skills (the ones designed to have it obviously), or they have to remove it completely.
If I have a peacemaking bonus why it has to doesnt count?

however I have to add 1 thing to this point:
the bonus should NOT work for the lower mana cost for sure and neither the human JOAT (or I want it back for warriors :p )

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do realize you can simply put other skill increases on your jewlry which frees up points to raise your true skill in barding stuff higher...... of course if your simply complaining that you want to be able to use bard MASTERY skills without having to train to 120 well then I's say tough luck.....

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted this question i a thread I started on Uhall. Has the Despair spell been nerfed since the server maintenace? I'm only getting -16 str & 10 pt damage ticks in pvp with real skill 120 music/120 disco...

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

I posted this question i a thread I started on Uhall. Has the Despair spell been nerfed since the server maintenace? I'm only getting -16 str & 10 pt damage ticks in pvp with real skill 120 music/120 disco...
The effect was halved from what was on TC to whats on production.