• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Login problems

O

OMEN123

I just installed UO and created a new account, but for some reason I can't get online. I've patched the game and everything should be ready to go, but with the classic client I get stuck at the connecting screen, and with the enhanced client I don't even get a connecting screen up, it just doesn't seem to do anything when I press the login button. Any help would be appreciated.

O

OMEN123

I'd just like to add that I was able to play UO yesterday (not on the official servers though), but after I installed and patched the newest client, the game just wont connect. I've tried to re-install the game but it didn't help. I get no error message.

I don't see how my system specs could have anything to do with seeing as I've been able to run the game just fine before, but here they are just in case:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
AMD Turion(tm) II Dual-Core Mobile M500 2.20 GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4650 HD
4 GB RAM

T

Tazar

Have you tried running as "administrator"? That seems to be a Win-7 requirement.

O

OMEN123

Have you tried running as "administrator"? That seems to be a Win-7 requirement.
I'm afraid that running it as admin didn't help. :( I've also checked that the firewall isn't blocking it. What's weird is that I can't seem to log on to any servers anymore (official or un-official). The problem as I see it is that if the newer version of the game has implemented something that is causing these connection issues for me, then I don't know how to get around it, I mean I can't play on the official servers with an out of date game version after all. It's just frustrating that my free trial is being wasted.

O

OMEN123

I guess I wont start playing after all, thanks for trying to help Tazar.