• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Closed Logging In - Something New?

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Earlier today I was unable to log in to Stratics no matter how many times I tried. I finally discovered the problem. The box was unchecked (to stay logged in). I used to be able to log in regardless of whether or not the box was checked. Evidently there is no longer a choice? Am I the only one who has had this happen?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Earlier today I was unable to log in to Stratics no matter how many times I tried. I finally discovered the problem. The box was unchecked (to stay logged in). I used to be able to log in regardless of whether or not the box was checked. Evidently there is no longer a choice? Am I the only one who has had this happen?
Glad you posted that! I've been trying to log in for quite a while this afternoon and nothing was working. I don't like to use the option to stay logged in for most any site that I frequent. Would much rather just log in when I have a post to make and then stay logged out and anonymous until the next time.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Glad you posted that! I've been trying to log in for quite a while this afternoon and nothing was working. I don't like to use the option to stay logged in for most any site that I frequent. Would much rather just log in when I have a post to make and then stay logged out and anonymous until the next time.
Me too! I don't even check the option to stay logged in on my email or any other place I normally visit. Why does Stratics have to be different, I wonder. o.0

Edit: Maybe this has something to do with the fact some of us were being involuntarily logged out when we would switch from one forum to another? I guess having to stay logged in might remedy that particular problem?

Last edited:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me too! I don't even check the option to stay logged in on my email or any other place I normally visit. Why does Stratics have to be different, I wonder. o.0
Have you figured out yet how to log out of Stratics since this change was made? I've been unsuccessful finding an option to log out....

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you figured out yet how to log out of Stratics since this change was made? I've been unsuccessful finding an option to log out....
click on the spot in the upper right hand corner where your name and avatar are. its an option under that

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Victim of Siege beat me to it. What he said will work! :thumbup:

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
click on the spot in the upper right hand corner where your name and avatar are. its an option under that
The drop down menu with the Log Out option seems to only be available if I turn on JavaScript. I really, really would rather not turn on JavaScript on this site. Not happy at all about these changes!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I did not even know I had JavaScript turned on...

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Guys, gals, gypsies, and all others concerned. I'm forwarding this to the proper people.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Hopefully this has been cleared up, if it keeps happening Tag me in this thread or shoot me a PM.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hopefully this has been cleared up, if it keeps happening Tag me in this thread or shoot me a PM.
This is NOT fixed at all. In fact whatever has been done has just made it so that there is no way at all for me to ever log out of Stratics! If I try to log out, the fact that I checked the "keep me logged in" button is instantly logging me back in again.

This is very, very irritating. Not making a good impression on me at all.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would you guys please fix this?? I do NOT want to stay logged in to Stratics all the time. However, you've now fixed things so that if I log out (after being forced to do on JavaScript to do so), I'm instantly logged back in again because you required me to check the "stay logged in" box when I last logged in. The thread that was started earlier today about this is now locked so I can't add any posts to it, so it looks like you guys are just trying to sweep this change under the rug.

I am NOT happy about this kind of shenanigans.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Would you guys please fix this?? I do NOT want to stay logged in to Stratics all the time. However, you've now fixed things so that if I log out (after being forced to do on JavaScript to do so), I'm instantly logged back in again because you required me to check the "stay logged in" box when I last logged in. The thread that was started earlier today about this is now locked so I can't add any posts to it, so it looks like you guys are just trying to sweep this change under the rug.

I usually clear out my history, passwords and cookies, etc. every time I close my browser. That seems to work well.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually clear out my history, passwords and cookies, etc. every time I close my browser. That seems to work well.
Yeah, I found the Stratics cookies and deleted all of them and that finally worked to log me out. Shouldn't have to do that just to log off a site.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm kind of a tech-illiterate, so I just do whatever I have to do as long as it works okay. :)

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran

You should not have to select the stay logged in button if you don't want to. The issue that happened earlier yesterday morning was not related to that feature. There was a service on our server that crashed and needed to be restarted. As a result, the server was dropping connections until the service was restarted. The service wasn't restarted until this evening. No features related to logging in or out have been adjusted.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
The issue appears to have come back. We are looking into the cause and solutions, sorry for the inconvenience.

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
We are still investigating this issue, but if you are having trouble logging in our out. Clear your browser cache and cookies. After doing that, you shouldn't have any more trouble.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
This should have been corrected as of tonight, if this continues in the coming days please open a new bug report.