• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Lock Picking] Lockpicking Houses / Training Houses

Deathknight22

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seen quite a few people making treasure hunters and most of them don't really know good areas to train. Remembering a few years back, I was training at a lock picking station someone setup in their house. So with that being said, I'd like for people to post locations of any known lock picking houses or training areas that they know of.

I set one up in my house on the Atlantic shard with a vendor selling lock picks.

38.24'N 41.33'E is the location of my station.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
That's a good idea, maybe Mapper can make a thread for Treasure Map Libraries and Luckpicking Training Houses and sticky it. It would need to have a submission format so that everyone posts theirs the same way and the thread stays neat and organized.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can train up to 95 lock picking using just one GM made box. The last 5 points use dungeon chests or that Satyr trick.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DJ is right....and the satyr trick works wonders. With a little bit of work you can setup a macro or two to unlock and then relock the box as well, makes LPing a bit less cumbersome.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lockpick -- wait for target -- cursor target current -- delay 1.5s (rince and repeat)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have lockpicking practice boxes at public houses on two shards, as shown below.

BALHAE
This house is just east of the Zento (Makoto Jima) moongate. Coordinates are approximately 35o 31'N, 35o 0'W in Tokuno. The boxes are right in front, on the steps.

balhae lockpicking boxes.jpg

SIEGE PERILOUS
This house is also east of the Zento (Makoto Jima) moongate, but a little further north. Coordinates are approximately 38o 20'N, 34o 35'N. The boxes are on the second floor of the little shack next to the main house. (Teleporter to the 2nd floor there is on the north wall of the shack, just next to the dye tubs.) If you want to train with these boxes, just send me a PM or ICQ message and let me know, as the house is public but there's no way to get into it unless you're friended to use a teleporter tile in front. I do ask that "friends" of the house use good manners as a guest of the house and refrain from fighting and stealing while on the premises.

siege lockpicking house.jpg siege lockpicking boxes.jpg