• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lockpick help!!!

Idahoan

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am stuck at 95.2. Been working Destard & Shame Level 5 with no gains after 6 hours.

Any ideas? My total skills are 449.4 currently so plenty of room to advance.

B

Bill Gates OSD

That is the WORST skill that I've ever GM'd. When I did my picker character, I went to the twisted weald (where Cu's spawn) and did the discordance trick while having 10 each GM tinker made lockable chests on me. That got me to GM in short order.

B

Bill Gates OSD

CyberNickel,

You need positive karma. Go kill ettins or something easy to get your karma to the positive side. I just remembered that it's the satyr that discords you. Attack it, run through the sparkle gate or invis yourself to break line-of-sight and then go back near it and it will keep you in discord as long as you are both on the same screen.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am stuck at 95.2. Been working Destard & Shame Level 5 with no gains after 6 hours.

Any ideas? My total skills are 449.4 currently so plenty of room to advance.

Not sure if you can still do it ( haven't played prodo in years ), but I used to make gains quickly with lots and lots of lock picks.

Find a chest or water barrel ( gypsy camps ) that you have no chance in picking, keep trying it anyway. You'll go through hundreds of picks, but you'll gain fast, up until it actually unlocks, then you'll have to find a more difficult chest.

At your level, try 500 picks on a paragon chest.

Fortunately in this day and age, we have SoT's, so you won't have to gain on lvl 6 t-chests at 98 skill.

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had that problem too for years, but the paragon chests can now be opened below GM. So collect those. I am almost gm from 95 and get my gains from miasma chests. This was a patch a couple months ago.

-Lorax