• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Locking down items in a box for display

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a way to do so where folks can see the contents but are not able to put things in (which automatically lock down?)

I have limited decoration room and would like to display some things in containers, but I don't want them getting filled up with everyone's trash! :p

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't believe there's any way to keep people from adding items to the boxes. However, I can't imagine too many people using your house as a trash bin. Maybe it would help if you thought of any discarded items as donations? Just a thought.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People can't add items to a box locked down in your home, no matter what security is set. Unless it's changed recently.

A friend locked down a box for donations to a project and found no one could actually donate unless the box was set 'secure, anyone'. Which of course lets anyone take stuff out as well as put stuff in. For viewing purposes 'locked down, anyone' works fine.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe something has changed in this respect, but I used to have a donation pile of gold locked down with a book on top for people to donate to my rune library. People were able to add to the pile, but not take from it. Maybe it works differently with containers? I'll have to do some testing on this when I get home.

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People can't add items to a box locked down in your home, no matter what security is set. Unless it's changed recently.

A friend locked down a box for donations to a project and found no one could actually donate unless the box was set 'secure, anyone'. Which of course lets anyone take stuff out as well as put stuff in. For viewing purposes 'locked down, anyone' works fine.
You know, you're absolutely right!

I'm almost positive that's the way it used worked at one time (granted, it was probably years ago as I haven't needed to display items like this in a while...) My other mistake was testing it with a friended character (which the items did lock down for.)

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe something has changed in this respect, but I used to have a donation pile of gold locked down with a book on top for people to donate to my rune library. People were able to add to the pile, but not take from it. Maybe it works differently with containers? I'll have to do some testing on this when I get home.
Yeah... it looks like that still works with gold (as long as the pile is set to "anyone") but not with containers. I would assume anything stackable would probably work in the same way...