• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Locating Tmap locations

Jayden Rose

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello. Things have changed since I last played a thunter and I notice that you cant just look up that map location and go to rune library and recall straight there.. or at least thats how it seems.

Am I wrong?

What is the best way to find your location these days? I have been just roaming around but it often takes me 30-45 minutes to find the spot and its aggravating lol.

Any help/advise would be appreciated. Also if someone knows a good rune library for atleast getting out to some of the harder locations, such as the ones on islands, please tell me. I cant seems to find one :(

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea the locations are random now but many of the old runes will still get you to the general area. I have GM mining on my hunter to help me find the location easier.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They changed maps quite a few years ago and now are rather random. If you decode a map and don't like the location or can't find it, let it be for 30 days and it will reset for you. Some shards have a generic rune library which will get you close and then you will have to hoof it from there. This series originated on Chessy and was copied on Atlantic and possibly a few other shards. They are updating Stratics so I will have to post a link to the page when I hear back on where it was moved to. I do not have mining but I use the EC and can usually find them easily though every once in a while I will find one that I just cannot find.

Jayden Rose

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hmm. Some of the ones I have found are way off where the map marker is at least from my perspective. Seems like there should be a better way. If you find out where an atlantic tmap library is, please do let me know.. it would be nice to be able to at least get in general area.

Thanks for the help!

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Use Davies locker. Write down the two coordinates and around them you will find the spot. Up to 8 tiles away.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I have to second the Davies Locker idea. I just picked up t-hunting after a long absence, so my t-map library is useless. But with the first 2 coordinates from Davies and then by examining the map closely (I have 0 Mining), it's incredible how many time I've found it on the first try.

Out of a dozen map, probably 8 I hit on the first try, 3 took me walking back and forth for 5 minutes. 1 took a bit longer, maybe 15.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya I was very frustrated on my return....but the choice of never doing maps again just isn't an option. What is it about EC that makes you not need mining?? Have been looking for another excuse to make the move...maybe this will be it

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What is it about EC that makes you not need mining?
With the EC, you check the tilt map function on the world map. You can scale the treasure map to the same size and scale as the world map. You can then adjust the alpha scale to make the treasure map see through so you can align the treasure map over the world map and use your location on the world map to put yourself within the center of the X. You are now within a few tiles of it and can usually find it within 1-2 minutes, many times on the first dig attempt.

I also make a macro where I add my shovel and then use the targeting to target the map and save. I can then hotkey the macro and make continuous dig attempts as I look for the location. The Macro system in the EC is equal to and better than UOA. I play both CC and EC depending on what I am doing so I am not really an advocate of either but I definitely use only the EC when treasure hunting.

I do not use Davies Locker and have 0 mining! My treasure hunter has never had mining and I refuse to put it on an already crowded template. I could soulstone cart on and off but I don't need to this way. :)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya I ultimately stoned off music peace from my t-map tamer...and added mining and med....but might just give EC a try....I only use Davies to store and sort maps....do you use pincos?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes, I use Pincos, his is much better than the standard ui. They had him update the standard ui and then they removed a lot of what he put in do to time constraints or some BS like that.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I spent years on the CC, but I've been using the EC on my return. I'm not always thrilled with it - I get this weird syncing issue once in a while, and it's slower - be the usability and configurability is better than the CC.

I haven't been playing with scale and alpha - I wasn't ever sure what they were. But with the EC, you can tilt the map, and eyeball the treasure map. There are a bunch of dots that represent bushes, rocks whatever, and it's not hard to walk to match the EC map to the treasure map. When it looks like I'm standing on the same spot, I start to dig, and check 1-2 steps in each direction, but I almost always get it on the first try.