• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

LMC

Grugot

Journeyman
I run the peacemaking mastery and I will cast rising colosus when running the roof. I do get into mana issues. My LMC is 39/40 and my mana regen is 25/30. What should be my goal?

Haraldur Tyrsson

Adventurer
Since you are casting RC, you probably also have focus in your build. You could switch to studded/bone/hide gear and get up to 55 lmc. You’ll need to remove mage armor from those pieces too. Hopefully with that switch, you can also get even closer to 30 MR.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I run the peacemaking mastery and I will cast rising colosus when running the roof. I do get into mana issues. My LMC is 39/40 and my mana regen is 25/30. What should be my goal?
I'll start by saying that using double bard mastery AND casting spells is likely going to lead to mana issues. My bard runs 120 med (also has like 40 MR) and for the events that I use him for support but also cast spells (heal/cure/etc), I will also start running low on mana if I don't watch what I'm casting. I think that's just the nature of things.

Going to make a few assumptions here.

I'm assuming since you are casting RC that you have 120 focus?? Also assuming if you have 120 focus you don't have med. Last assumption is the armor you are using is mage armor.

My advice on this would be to remove the mage armor property / swap over to gear with the +3 inherent LMC. Goal is to be as close to 55LMC as possible. From everything I've read on MR - about 30 is the point of diminishing returns so aim to be at 30. I'm not sure what you are using in your hand but the shogun wand from the last event has +10 MR (and 0 mage weap etc) so that's an easy addition for a bard to instantly get a bump to MR if you aren't already using it.

When I start getting into a bit of a mana crunch, I will usually just turn off one of the two masteries I'm running and within a minute or 2 I'm back to full mana.

Grugot

Journeyman
Kinda a mixture of both mage and non-mage. Thanks for the advice. I'll mess around with my armor sets to see what I can do.