• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

LMC

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I currently have a character with 120 Med, 40 lmc, 9 mr and I'm planning to rebuid. Hoping to get 30 mr on there, but assuming I have that, is it better to have 120 focus and 55 lmc, or stick with medable? (Would Focus even be needed at all?)

The character doesn't often active med as they're usually running Bard Masteries. Currently they can run both the Provoke ones without mana loss, but Tribulation/Despair eventually drains. I'd like to have enough for it to last the full length of the spell song. The character also frequently Invises on failed Provoke attempts, heals pets, and casts summons, so I'm looking to have excessive mana and mana regen.

I'm asking this here because it's also relevant to several other characters I'm rebuilding, and this forum generally gets good replies.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I crunched the numbers a bit ago, but since no one was asking I didn't bother posting.

If you're just looking for a big mana dump of big spells (chain lightnings or something for spawns perhaps), or flamestriking something to death, the 55LMC is definitely the better way to go, and its not even close. If you're thinking to drop WoD on stuff, then for sure the extra LMC is where to be.

If you're looking for long term prolonged casting, like a long steady stream of fireballs, then the extra LMC doesn't really matter and the med takes control again. If memory serves the inflection point is right around the 20 mana per spell area where where the extra 15 LMC over shadows Med.

If you were thinking to go wraith form, then the LMC shades is better again - plus you can refine it to be 75s with low DCI, since you shouldn't plan on getting a lot of melee damage.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Thank you. Not made it any easier unfortunately, the majority of the time he runs 120 Mage/Med/Resist/Music/Disc/Prov, but I was intending to switch Resist for Spellweaving at certain events.

So the majority of the time he needs mana upkeep for Prov & Discord Masteries, and all the non-Eval Mage spells. Probably the most frequent thing is Invis after failed Provokes, which then gets precast while making the next attempt. Which from what you say sounds like Med and 40 lmc is the better option.

But with Spellweaving on there it would be mainly for WOD, and be better with 55 LMC, not that I've even accounted for SDI in the suit yet.

The other two characters a Tamer & a Sampire are going to be sharing Peace & Discord between them depending on what they're fighting. Mana is not really an issue on the Sampire, but on the Tamer I've just done them a max Luck suit and (annoyingly) couldn't alter a piece I wanted to Mage Armor so had to change 120 Med for Focus, and can only achieve 43 lmc, 6 mr (while not giving up other things like 2/6 casting, as he's no longer using Vet), and not buying optional extra items like Lt Sash etc. Perhaps I should not bother with the Masteries on the Tamer so much.

However! From the sounds of it my Necro/Scribe/Mage would benefit from going non-Med. When PvMing he is all Chain Lightning/Meteor Swarm/Flame Strike+Omen.