• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

LMC rounding for AI

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm making some tweaks to my sampire suit and wondering if I can get away with less lower mana cost. AI will cost 20 mana to start with cost reduction from skills. With 45 LMC this means AI will cost 11 for the first and 22 for each one after. I can't get to 50 LMC with the gear I want to use (legendary metal armor) but I could potentially get to somewhere around 47, which would mean AI would cost between 10.4/20.8 mana. I'm wondering if anyone knows how the rounding works, my assumption is that it will just round up to the nearest whole mana point which means it really isn't worth it to go higher than 45 LMC unless I get to 50 or 55.

All of that might not even matter for chaining AI as I'll be using a bladed staff reforged for 100 HML so if I understand the formula correctly I'll be leeching more than 22 mana per hit on average. Assuming average damage of about 180 per hit with perfection/EOO (the range is 165-198 damage) I should leech an average of 36 mana per hit (180*100%*0.4=72 so 0-72 mana per hit 72/2=36) This is with about 96 mana and 21 mana regen.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think it isn't rounding, but truncation. So if you get to 20.8 that is really truncated to 20, and not rounded properly to 21.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hmm, excellent, I'll see about sneaking in another couple of points of lmc.
As an aside, just burned 400+ charges of copper runic hammers without a single clean 100 hml. The random number generator is a cruel and uncaring mistress.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I recently moved to a suit that is mainly platemail for my sampire to get the stamina protection. My LMC went from 55 to 45, which was a huge concern for me at first, but now it is barely noticeable. I use double axes with 81% HML (and I have one or two with the overcap HML to 100%) and I am hardly, if ever, out of mana.

I know your question was about the rounding of mana cost, but my point is... if you're doing it right, getting enough hits, leaching back enough mana and life... you shouldn't even need the 55 LMC or 100% HML, or further more, have to worry about whether those decimals are rounded up or down. As long as you have a halfway decent sized mana pool, you'll be leaching enough additional mana back that you won't run out.

Good luck with the crafting... making a new set of 100% elemental bladed staffs and a few 100% leach bladed staffs was going to be my next weapon crafting project for this toon.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Burned another few hammers and got a 100 hml bladed staff, finally. I've been playing the new set up for close to a week and it's working out really well.
45 LMC is enough that I've had no problems with mana. The stamina protection is excellent. For spawns I've been using a double axe with 81 hml and 70 hit area. With the stamina protection from armor I've been doing fine without hsl so I've got a free slot on the axe. I'm probably going to add FC 1 which combined with FC1 from city buff will help with casting divine fury, consecrate weapon, confidence and counterstrike in the middle of a spawn.