• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Livery Quest location for tonight?

N

Nastia Cross

Have the EMs decided or announced where the Livery Quest will be situated tonight?

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
This is the only information we have so far, from the news report.

Thursday, October 14th @ 8pm ET - Location TBA - Livery Quest, puzzle/scavenger hunt based

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just head to Luna for the event gate. Will get you to the right place.

See you soon!

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Deathrobe...I think that is just what Dross prepared for dinner!...*airs out secret EM Hideout*

N

Nastia Cross

I must say that I really enjoyed last night's puzzle/scavenger hunt event. The clues were very creative and also very cleverly hidden. Well done Dudley and Drosselmeyer for a great time! Thanks for mixing it up.

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definately a good event and well thought out. How about a score sheet about where the townships stand? Since we're getting near the midway point, it would be a help when deciding what townships to offer any extra recommendations to, just a thought.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
The clues were creative and challenging, but any chance we can get the rules and regulations posted ahead of time?

T

Tancred RedStar

Loved this event!

+
  • Not yet another kill-hard-monster objective! Brains won over brawn this outing.
  • Clever b/dastardly way of hiding stuff from the ObjectHandle flashers.
  • Got people out and about around the lands.
-
  • Tortuous on the colorblind, like the one hidden in the old Garg city on the stones. I'd rather look for something hidden behind a wall I can circ-trans than something camo'd in plain sight. The one in Sea Market was also face punchable, lol
  • Maybe a few too many clues. 36 clues over 4 hours = 9 per hour or one every 6.5 minutes. You factor in running around, wrong turns, deathrobes, lost conns, etc. it's an awfully tight schedule to keep up. For example, we wiped searching Destard, must have wasted 30 minutes there between searching, dying/rezzing and more searching til the light bulb went off that there were no lizardmen there, lol. Maybe a nicer number would be 30ish in the same timeframe, or perhaps an event scaled to two hours? I know lots of people more responsible and adult than me who had to log around 10:30pm or so.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Loved this event!

+
  • Not yet another kill-hard-monster objective! Brains won over brawn this outing.
  • Clever b/dastardly way of hiding stuff from the ObjectHandle flashers.
  • Got people out and about around the lands.
-
  • Tortuous on the colorblind, like the one hidden in the old Garg city on the stones. I'd rather look for something hidden behind a wall I can circ-trans than something camo'd in plain sight. The one in Sea Market was also face punchable, lol
  • Maybe a few too many clues. 36 clues over 4 hours = 9 per hour or one every 6.5 minutes. You factor in running around, wrong turns, deathrobes, lost conns, etc. it's an awfully tight schedule to keep up. For example, we wiped searching Destard, must have wasted 30 minutes there between searching, dying/rezzing and more searching til the light bulb went off that there were no lizardmen there, lol. Maybe a nicer number would be 30ish in the same timeframe, or perhaps an event scaled to two hours? I know lots of people more responsible and adult than me who had to log around 10:30pm or so.
i know what u mean, i thought id be done by 9, 9:30 tops, didn't get finished till a minute before midnight

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed on the creativity of the event. A lot of fun. Surely tested your knowledge base.

And even though I (we; my township anyways) finished sooner; thanks Dross for staying on extra late for other people who got on later. :thumbup1:

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Current recommendations can be viewed in the Livery Guild Master Stable located at Castle Britannia. They will be up to date as of tonight.

We will put forth the rules and regulations of any event as early as possible, however please understand that sometimes (actually most of the time) what we plan is not what ends up exactly happening. Often the rules must be amended to suit the event dynamic and as such we will make them available when the event starts and we know what we are facing.

Timing is something we are constantly trying to perfect, however please realize that Drosselmeyer and I schedule events as early as possible as our livers permit. We usually like to shoot for about two hours, but as I mentioned earlier in most cases what happens isn't usually what we planned, as is the joy of playing in a dynamic environment.

The mechanic used for this event is one I'm personally very fond of, as I'm sure many of you remember from our original Missing Mage scenario. This was our first adaptation to a larger scale, with as many clues as we did. Hiding the clues using coloration/naming mismatching forces some intense searching.

As for the number of clues, we are working on another similar event that will likely be closer to 100 clues and be an all day affair you can complete at your leisure.

Thanks for the feedback guys and stay toon'd!

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was really really tired on the night this happened so I sorta fell asleep part way through. Anyway, I was thinking one thing you could consider is multiple clue paths instead of one long chain, although that might add extra work I suppose.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Current recommendations can be viewed in the Livery Guild Master Stable located at Castle Britannia. They will be up to date as of tonight.
First off, I didn't break them...my axe wouldnt work hehehe

One of them is not named in the South Serpents bag, you put a d on the end of Aryslan. The other bag isn't named, nor are the scrolls. This was the list you sent me for the news.

Livery Quest Results Tracker

J

Jamlyn

"One of them is not named in the South Serpents bag, you put a d on the end of Aryslan. The other bag isn't named, nor are the scrolls. This was the list you sent me for the news."

Is not the first and wont be the last how some people misspell Aryslan.