• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Live Long and Prosper

Ansel

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
and this is why we still play UO!
what other game gives us THIS level of freedom to use our creativity and imagination?!?
Is that a trick question, Kirthag? :)

Seriously, whenever I see remarkable achievements like this Baja house I'm reminded of the controversy over custom houses to begin with. Nobody doubted it would be a popular feature. The question was would it be a valuable one: would it add value to the game world or clutter it up with hideous player house designs? And the answer is.......both! o.0

Yet the profusion of really average houses helps make the remarkable ones stand out all the more.

When I get into arguments over this I'm always hit with, "But it would ruin my immersion." Never cared for that one. What do you seek immersion in: the game world created by the developers or the one created by the player community?

There's no right answer here. I simply prefer the latter and prefer online games with MULTIPLE ways for players to distinguish themselves. And it's this last bit that has become nearly impossible to find in contemporary online titles, in my view.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This does not make sense, the gravity in luna would not sustain outer space living as depicted and the american flag has more than 5 stars last time I checked, EPIC FAIL :facepalm: