• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Little template advice please

G

Currently I have

120 swords
120 parry
120 bushido
100 anat
100 tact
98.1 heal
41.9 chiv

I just came back after a 5 year break so I only have 700 to work with. How high do I need to have Chivalry for it to be worth it? I was thinking of dropping heal to 95 and tact to 75 to get chiv to 70. Is that smart? Is 70 high enough in itself or would I need jewelry to go along with it to raise it higher. Like I said I am coming back and trying to get used to playing this new template. I see a lot of people talking about necro on theirs, but I don't think I am ready for that just yet. What would you guys do in my situation.

I

imported_Farsight

If you want to be able to cast enemy of one somewhat reliably, you need at least 70 points of chivalry.

If you want to use chivalry only for consecrate weapon and travelling, 50 is enough.

My samurai has 70 chivalry, and I'm more than happy with it.

I definitely wouldn't drop tactics, and if I should, I wouldn't drop it any lower than 90. That way I would still get the secondary bonus move on my weapons. If you dropped anatomy, tactics and healing to 90, that gives you enough points for chivalry to be functional in most cases.

E

eolsunder1

I would drop anatomy and healing both down to 90. That will give you about 20 extra skill points into your chivalry. Later on you can find a nice ring or braclet that might give you some free skill points.

I was lucky enough to find a nice macing ring I use on my macer

+12 anatomy
+15 macing
14 dci
2 fcr
25 damage increase

this frees my guy up for 27 more points plus has other great mods. You also might want to experiement with tactics. With a paladin bushido, your damage increase, combined with slayer weapons, combined with enemy of one, consecrate, honor, lighting strikes, you might find that lower tactics might not matter. I run with 70 tactics on my guy and im happy with the damage I produce.

M

Maximinus Thrax

What would you like to be able to do with your Samurai?

G

I would like to be able to help my guild in DOOM and be effective and also it would be nice to solo some of the tougher monsters when there is no help around. I don't expect to just be able to solo the DF and the more elite monsters.

C

Connor_Graham

This is my current template, and is one that has proven effective not only against the Peerless, but also in Doom with a quick Soulstone swap:

Peerless-

Weapon Skill 120
Bushido 120
Parry 120
Anatomy 120
Tactics 120
Chiv 80
Necro 35

Doom-

Weapon Skill 120
Bushido 120
Parry 120
Resist 110-120
Tactics 120
Chiv 80
Necro 35

G

Its so when you die, you can put on enough +Necro items to reach 99 Necro and then cast Vampiric Embrace.

You get all the benefit, without having to invest the skill points.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Why 35 necro?

[/ QUOTE ]

So you can equip the +Necro items and cast Vamp form without having to do a Soulstone swap. You have to be in a safe logout location to use a Soulstone, and there isn't one in Doom or inside a Peerless instance.

M

Maximinus Thrax

Except Andrew said he didn't want to Necro, so I don't see the point.

G

Well, you mention Necro because it is the strongest of samurai templates, but since he doesn't want Necro a goal to shoot for is:

120 swords
120 parry
120 bushido
100 anatomy
100 tactics
90 healing
70 chivalry

Since you only have 700 points to work with (720 shown here), you'd need to find +20 skill points on items to make this work. Basically though, I'd say you can adjust anatomy, tactics, healing, and chivalry however you deem fit to make it work. Just leave the 'main 3' at 120.