• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

little help with IMBUING please

uorichreallifepoor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just want to know if there is a easier way than my way, im at 86.0 imbuing and how i got there is with dagers first i get one of my 2000 dull copper hammers:thumbsup:than i make 50 daggers, do that till i get 125 dagers in my unravel bag than go to ter mur unravel them get my 200-210 magical residue go buy some 500 or so ambers than add hit dispel to dagers i first made with a smith hammer and reg ingts.:wall:than repeat over and over agn:wall:please is there a easier way please anyone ????????:eyes:

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope... thats crafting for ya. Im at 95.1 and its been a long boring haul. While I DO NOT think that they should make the skill any easier to gain... its still a bit mind numbing. Its funny how by the time you get the skill trained high enough to do anything with it, you dont want to have anything to do with it. LoL.

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes it is a long haul hit 80 and so far used 30 DC runic hammers and around 7k of 4 different jewels

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lucky for you I'm a nice guy and I'm going to spill the beans.

First, make sure you are imbuing exceptional crafted weapons or armor. They increase the difficulty and that is the basis of the gain speed.

Second, imbue the item with luck to 90. Once you succeed re-imbue it with dispel and you will see the difficulty in the 60 range and only use 1 of each mat. So instead of repeating a higher level mat and spending more you spend less on repeat imbues.
:pancakes:

uorichreallifepoor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you so much because of you im now at 96.3 you are the reason i still play ultima its people like you that make the game fun.:thumbup:

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad to be of help. Another trick you can do is to make the items you are going to imbue with a dull copper or shadow hammer increasing the difficulty even more.

Also, make sure to eat the 115 imbuing scroll. You get better gains the farther apart your max is from your current.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm imbuing random loot pickup up along my travels, but it's very slow due to needing to puzzle-through how to min-max the best gains for the least gems on each piece. Still, it can be an alternative to grinding if you want to train a little on the side.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm imbuing random loot pickup up along my travels, but it's very slow due to needing to puzzle-through how to min-max the best gains for the least gems on each piece. Still, it can be an alternative to grinding if you want to train a little on the side.
Do wands, they are very consistent around 85-high 90's for what you need to do (imbue once with hit area then a second time with resist).