• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Little help plz?

• Thread starter Jyslin Darkstar
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
J

Jyslin Darkstar

Ok im an old school player returning after 10 years of not playing. When i played back in 96 to 2000 There was a whole lot less to know lol.

Ok so heres what i want to know as ill be coming back to the game with nothing but a fresh acct and dreams of fun times :danceb:

Can a bard mage still go into place and farm. dungeon crawl? I've read over the stickeys but no ones gives anything really in depth that a newbie or old has been like me can use. If i do something like buy the skill coin for real life cash to get 85s in the bard stuffs can i go to places like covetous and the like to farm gold and stuff to get my earning a living?

Theres alot more im wondering about but ill get to it soon i think lol.

Thanks for your time and any help anyone can give me.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do not waste Real money for anything in UO . Working on your skill and getting your own stuff the hard way is half the fun.

Bard mages can do fine on most places. :)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
definatlly do NOT waste you money on a advanced character token.

there is only one template on that thing that is worth anything and that is the tamer one.
and thats just cause you can eat it, then ring up to cap and your tamer is instanlly done.

other then that every other skill in game is easy to work either IN game or by power gaming.

and yes, the old school sit in a dungeon and farm gold is still alive and well.
you dont see many people doing it, but i do.

when i decided to go and make bards on every shard that was how i got my money and how i got my begining supplies.
sitting in a dungeon killing blood elementals.

reason you dont see many people doing that anymore is the amount of gold ya get.
you can go and do a champ and sell the PS for millions instead of farming a dungeon and coming out with 10k

but i agree with you.
dungeons are funner, hehe

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
and yes, the old school sit in a dungeon and farm gold is still alive and well.
you dont see many people doing it, but i do.
sitting in a dungeon killing blood elementals.
but i agree with you.
dungeons are funner, hehe
There is a really good thing about blood elementals and similar monsters: If you don't have much time, you can log in, kill 5 blood elementals and log out again.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back !!

Do you still remember your old login and password ? Chances are, that your characters with bank boxes might still be there........Worth trying at least.

If you do not remember but you still have the old UO CD with the jewel case hanging around, check out the UO Registration number on the sticker on the jewel case and make a phone call to support, they might reinstate your old account with characters and bank boxes, hopefully.

And if you do not have anymore the UO CD and jewel case, but back then you were paying with a credit card and still have the info about it, give support a phone call anyways, perhaps with these info they might still track down your old account and reinstate it.

Good luck and hope you will enjoy UO again !!