• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Little help please?

Slade-Atl

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
It's kinda late, so there's a really good chance I've overlooked something, but I would really appreciate some template help.
I've recently returned and have a mage tamer I would like to rework...

Tame 100.3 going to 120
Lore 120
Vet 71 going to 110 unless that's a bad idea?
Mage 110
Eval 100
Resist 100
Med 100

I've seen some suggest SW, and or Music and Disco? Truthfully I miss my old pure bard, and have never tried SW. I'm open to reworking him. He is purely meant for really just basic hunting (PVM) with a GD. Though I would like to eventually get the new expansion for the new pets and whatnot. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I would say you don't need Resisting Spells. Your dragon is going to be your meat shield and taking most of the brunt of the fighting right? So let him do his job and act as your tank. So that right there should free up 100 skill points.

I would then suggest putting them into Spellweaving. I post a little more about my template here: Returning player, help with taming template

I note that I have increased Taming and Lore at the expense of Meditation and switched up my suit a bit to add more Mana Regen to make up for the lost meditation. I don't believe you need Vet to go higher than 90. You can also get some jewels and talismans to get to 120 modified skill for anything you want to bring up higher.

Good luck!

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Will echo what Merlin said.

Would toss the Resist. Would drop the Mage to 100 and run with a Crystalline Ring (+20 Mage) then drop Vet to GM. Use those points for 120 SW. If you can't swing the gold for the Crys Ring then drop vet to 90 like he was saying.