• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Like a Boss(sort of)...

H

HippieMagic

A few things I found out about a couple bosses from the SA dungeon.

Slasher and the Stygian Dragon both have that "freezing" ability which is GREATLY reduced by a high Magic Resist skill. To the point where it may not even stop you. This alone helps you from getting killed.

Slasher casts a LOT of curse spells. This goes hand in hand with the above mentioned Magic Resist skill. I was on an archer without MR and he was constantly overweight. I finally switched over and found Slasher a lot more tolerable.

The Stygian Dragon doesn't seem too hard... It only took 3 of us a matter of a minute or so to show red on his bar. The layout seems to really lend itself to an archer. I believe a few archers running the loop could easily dispose of this dragon. I may be wrong but with the damage 3 mages could do before we all started dying tells me archery is the way to go.

I don't think it matters WHERE you kill slasher. The center seems easier because of the fact that you can run around and easily maintain him. I don't do more or less damage in there. He isn't any weaker... he just dies easier because you can move around or away from him easier.

Slasher is a Demon. With an old double slayer bow that I used to use against the DF I was easily doing 50 damage to him per shot... sometimes more... The problem with this is that it causes him to target you more often. Be careful with it.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know where the rumor came from that you have to kill the Slasher in a certain location, but it simply is not true. I only heard the rumor during my fourt Slasher-kill.

I love it when the slasher constantly retargets to me. That means I'm doing something right.

One thing to bear in mind when fighting the Slasher of Veils is that when he attacks a pet, he will regularly do damage equal to half the pets remaining hit points. This means that bringing a greater dragon to the fight is a huge mistake. The cu was almost manageable though. A third healer would have made it possible... but that would have slowed down the fight even more.

So a good rule of thumb: take archers and mages to the Slasher.