• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Life leech?

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
IS this an area effect thing now? I saw some one doing the butcher last night and mobs died just by them walking by them, also I was told by another in game that Vamp embrace draws life to anything near them while they are fighting.
Sounds wrong to me from my experience, unless it has been added since I was away.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I doubt the super skeles were dying that fast. The normal mobs are pretty weak.

No, VE life drain is on hits on that melee target. There is at least one spell that does a tiny amout of damage in a aura.

Or they were using thunderstorm and did not see the words.

Last edited:

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
IS this an area effect thing now? I saw some one doing the butcher last night and mobs died just by them walking by them, also I was told by another in game that Vamp embrace draws life to anything near them while they are fighting.
Sounds wrong to me from my experience, unless it has been added since I was away.
Most likely there was a "hit area" on their weapon. Depending on the mob resist this usually does 6-12 damage and you do not need to be right next to the target. If the sampire is spamming whirlwind and hitting many targets it's probably proc'ing pretty frequently.

hirikawa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Most likely there was a "hit area" on their weapon. Depending on the mob resist this usually does 6-12 damage and you do not need to be right next to the target. If the sampire is spamming whirlwind and hitting many targets it's probably proc'ing pretty frequently.
That is correct but the Hit Area damage is affected by slayer property, so damage is higher than 6-12.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is correct but the Hit Area damage is affected by slayer property, so damage is higher than 6-12.
I never realized that Hit Area was affected by slayer, that's nice.

@ OP - could it have maybe been a Bushido ability if it was a Sampire doing the work? I don't know enough about the Butcher, but Momentum Strike, for example, would make short work of weaker mobs.

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ty all for the very interesting facts.. so basically vampiric form in and of its self does not life leach surrounding mobs.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ty all for the very interesting facts.. so basically vampiric form in and of its self does not life leach surrounding mobs.
Nope, it is added life Leech per hit. It gives life to the weapon user. It does not take life from the target. The weapon damage is what damages the target.

Was probably a hit area spell on the weapon since you saw no spell words.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Keven thought of hit area before me. I use a mage tamer so I get them with thunderstorm.