• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Life Leech.

Catskills Al

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone put this on their pet? If so, which pet is this ability available to because I can't seem to put it on my Cu or Beetle

Cereal2K

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I assume it's necromantic pets tsukis can get it and ossein rams as well as saurosaurus have it innately havent checked the others.

P.S. Fair warning tho while life leech is incredible it makes every hit or special move cost an additional 5 mana as long as mana is available so using it in conjunction with other special moves or bushido etc makes it suck the pet's mana dry very quickly

Zepheus

Visitor
life leech is incredible it makes every hit or special move cost an additional 5 mana as long as mana is available
Just gave my Tsuki Wolf Life Leech, he's super tanky now but I had no idea it would cost 5 mana per hit no wonder it seems my wolf is always low on mana. Just curious though, once life leech is used, all the attacks after would turn into life leeching moves until the pet is out of mana? Or it's a skill used and lasts for a period of time and during such period all moves turn into life leeching moves? Thanks!

Orion_Starlight

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Has anyone thoroughly tested Life Leech on pets? I have seen conflicting descriptions. The uo wiki states: causing the creature to leech life from incoming damage. This makes it seem like it leeches from damage that is done to the pet, but most people post that it leeches from damage the pet does to monsters. That makes more sense considering the 5 mana cost per hit. I also wonder if it heals through poison or even mortal strikes (that is my main question). If it does, a lot of mana could be saved by not adding other abilites. But if not, then something would have to be added to cure (chivalry/magery). Also, to the first point, if healing is through damage output then it would be good to add an area damage ability. But if it heals from damage it receives, that would just be a waste of mana. Has anyone tested these things and have any ideas?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Life Leech
Trains the creature in the Life Leech special ability, causing the creature to leech life from incoming damage.

I prefer to make pets that do not take damage.

I tried this and Repel on some Bake Kitsunes last year. They are pretty weak and take a lot of damage.

Neither did anything useful so I moved on to things that do damage and using scrolls that make pets take less damage. Parry.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The reason life leech doesn't work so well on pets is that pets aren't really able to deal the damage numbers that players can... unless your pet can deal damages of well over 100 then what it leeches back is so insignificant that you can't really see it.

I put it on a Cu early on and IMO it sucks. Not worth the points.

Orion_Starlight

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
If they can get frenzied whirlwind, it might be well worth it, leeching from multiple targets with one move. I know that uo description says from incoming damage, but many posts say it leeches from damage dealt. Also, does anyone know if it works while the pet is poisoned?

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Life Leech causes the pet to heal itself for half the melee damage it inflicts, consuming 5 Mana for every hit. Saurosaurus and Ossein Rams innately have Life Leech. Any pet that can learn Necromancy, can learn Life Leech after learning Necro. Saurosaurus can spawn with 85 Physical/90 Fire Resist, which combined with their Life Leech makes them particularly tanky against those forms of damage. On TC when the Pet Revamp was first on it, you were able to add Whirlwind to pets, and a Whirlwind Saurosaurus was basically invincible at any champ spawn. They've since removed Whirlwind from the Special Moves list, and only the first hit of Frenzied Whirlwind counts as a melee attack (and therefore Life Leech).
Ossein Rams can have both Life Leech and Chivalry, as well as AI, which makes them leech a large amount of life with EoO up. Just don't use Life Leech pets against foes with Corrupted Life, such as Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer or Corgul, otherwise their Life Leech will damage themselves.

Last edited:

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Life Leech causes the pet to heal itself for half the melee damage it inflicts, consuming 5 Mana for every hit. Saurosaurus and Ossein Rams innately have Life Leech. Any pet that can learn Necromancy, can learn Life Leech after learning Necro. Saurosaurus can spawn with 85 Physical/90 Fire Resist, which combined with their Life Leech makes them particularly tanky against those forms of damage. On TC when the Pet Revamp was first on it, you were able to add Whirlwind to pets, and a Whirlwind Saurosaurus was basically invincible at any champ spawn. They've since removed Whirlwind from the Special Moves list, and only the first hit of Frenzied Whirlwind counts as a melee attack (and therefore Life Leech).
Ossein Rams can have both Life Leech and Chivalry, as well as AI, which makes them leech a large amount of life with EoO up. Just don't use Life Leech pets against foes with Corrupted Life, such as Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer or Corgul, otherwise their Life Leech will damage themselves.
I found Life Leach fairly underwhelming for spawns. That 5 mana is per mob hit, so if your pet is in the middle of a spawn, you can see them tanking for a bit and then abruptly crash when the mana runs out.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I found Life Leach fairly underwhelming for spawns. That 5 mana is per mob hit, so if your pet is in the middle of a spawn, you can see them tanking for a bit and then abruptly crash when the mana runs out.
Never seen that happen with my Saurosaurus. My Saurosaurus has easily tanked some pretty nasty stuff too, from the T-Rex to EM Event bosses. Before they nerfed Consume Damage to cap at +30 HPR, he was even able to tank the Slasher of Veils, going up to 150 HPR every boulder barrage and full healing. My Saurosaurus can out tank my Feint Cu Sidhe against most stuff, except for creatures with Corrupted Life such as Osiredon, Corgul or Exodus.
Saurosaurus haven't been able to learn any additional Special Moves since the Pet Revamp went live. On TC you were able to put Special Moves such as Whirlwind on them, and they were invincible in any spawn. That was also before they made Life Leech consume 5 Mana per hit.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's my Saurosaurus, Varstok. He still has enough TP left to 120 all his skills, just need the PS. EM Bennu was so impressed with Varstok tanking both Hell Goats as well as waves of spawn that Bennu had thrown at him (because we busted into the event location early, lol), that he put up a blue Stygian Dragon outside of the Twisted Weald and named it "Varstok the Greater". Unfortunately, i didn't know about the Snip tool at the time, and didn't get a screenshot :(

Saurosaurus 1.PNG Saurosaurus 2.PNG Saurosaurus 3.PNG Saurosaurus 4.PNG Saurosaurus 5.PNG Saurosaurus 6.PNG Saurosaurus 7.PNG Saurosaurus 8.PNG Saurosaurus 9.PNG

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Never seen that happen with my Saurosaurus. My Saurosaurus has easily tanked some pretty nasty stuff too, from the T-Rex to EM Event bosses. Before they nerfed Consume Damage to cap at +30 HPR, he was even able to tank the Slasher of Veils, going up to 150 HPR every boulder barrage and full healing. My Saurosaurus can out tank my Feint Cu Sidhe against most stuff, except for creatures with Corrupted Life such as Osiredon, Corgul or Exodus.
Saurosaurus haven't been able to learn any additional Special Moves since the Pet Revamp went live. On TC you were able to put Special Moves such as Whirlwind on them, and they were invincible in any spawn. That was also before they made Life Leech consume 5 Mana per hit.
You probably would not see that happening against a single target because the mana lasts awhile. With me it was in the middle of a spawn with a bunch of mobs banging on it.