Life has been busy but my take on the PvP in GW2

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 3, 2004
Tyria
Life has been really busy and I been in and out of the country for the past few months. Life is hetic atm so still time consuming until things settle down so i have not fell off the face of the earth. I did get time to do the GW2 beta weekened.

I did alot of both PvP and PvE but I wanted to touch upon my WvWvW experience. It was an epic experience plain and simple. GW2 did it right and going in the right direction imo. I had a blast just running around, running across enemies, taking keeps, helping to take back keeps and outposts, heping with supplies and caravans, rolling enemies and getting rolled. Couldn't ask for more if I wanted.

Underwater combat was just crazy. Reminded me alot of DaoC but better.

Using the enviroment as part of my strategy in helping with large scale battles. Again reminded me of DaoC and was done much better.

Keep defenses totally rocked and I definetly loved the siege defenses.

Being able to jump was orgasmic :p

There was a great community over all in the WvWvW chat. Alot of fun and not much trash talking on the server I played. I was on the green server side and made a joke when we were fighting the blues and and said did I hear the blue side say retreat? They said no but quite a few said lol.

Some great epic fights I have not had since the great days of DaoC.

Thats just a tatse of what I did in WvWvW. Even if you are not into pvp there are things you can do to help on the WvWvW. I was scouting the enemies caravns and ran into some skirmishes with them. So there was tons of stuff to do for all types of players.

There are things they do need to work on still but I will give it a B++ rating atm but for a beta it was a very well done. Just remember for any who played and had lag issues it was a cpu based not gpu. Just remember it was beta and not the full game yet.

PS:
Bella, you have done great as I expected in my absence and I apologize on my behalf for not getting back any sooner then I could. Real life turned its ugly head and man it was on ugly without any make up lol. The business world just keeps surprising me :) Hold the fort down and hopefully things settle down soon for me. Take care.

Zosimus

Reactions: Syrus

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Oct 21, 2008
Baltimore, MD
taylorvsmith.com
Wewt. Hi. :)

Finals week this week, but I'm pre-ordering GW2 this weekend I think.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 3, 2004
Tyria
Make sure your video card has shader model 3.0 or higher or you will have issues. Mine has a shader model 5.0. I purchased mine straight for arenanet so if they do the codes again I would suggest to but it from them so you wont have any issues.