• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lich Lord Paragon

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just really wanted to share my evening of playing UO with my "homeshard"... This goes out to "all my peeps" in Catskills.

|/\|/\|/ Disclamer /|\/|\|/ = this post is mostly just me being a cry baby.

Many of my friends know that I have started a new tamer. I looked up where to go to tame a forest ostard. One location suggested that they could be found in Ilshnar/Honor to the North. So, with my very, very weak, new tamer I headed off to Ilshnar/Honor, I headed North, past an Inn and found a dirt road, following it I soon came upon what would begin an evening of pure and total hatred of Ultima Online.

Oh my, I thought to myself, a <font color="brown"> Lich Lord (Paragon) </font> I better run befo... too late, I died.

Well, I know my new tamer is no match for this monster. But now its a little personal, since I witnessed it "rummaging through my pack and taking an item". Which was kinda strange, since I carry almost nothing on me except for like, 20 bandages...the few other items are insured or blessed. Oh yeah...I found a half way decent...no, strike that, a scimitar that has 20% lightning strike on it (whooo-peeee). No big deal, but still. This thing has to die.

I sign in my tamer (Hagrid) and get my prefered pet (a reptalon) and head off to Ilshnar/Honor. This shouldn't be much of a fight, I thought to myself. I found the creature, standing over the body of my alt. I hopped off my pet, turned invis and let it begin to attack. Suddenly the creature revealed me, I cast invis, and watched my pets health drop. I began healing my Reptalon, as soon as I clicked my bandages the Lich started attacking me...death soon followed for me and my beloved pet.
I love my Reptalon...I really do. Many reading this will despise me for saying this, but...I don't really like Cu-Sidhe's because it seems like everyone uses them. Well...I like to be the "odd-ball" I like being the underdog. I like taking the pet no-one else would have taken. I LOVE my reptalon. The vet players who were there for the release of ML may remember reading how in test center the DEV's lowered the paralyze attack on the Reptalon, along with the damage and amount of times that the Rep would shoot off fireballs, because it seemed to "overpower" the Cu-Sidhe. Wow...UO may look totally different if that disicion never happened. Any way...moving on....

I ran to Luna got rezzed, logged out (to "drag" my pets ghost) revived my Reptalons health and ran back to kill this son-of-a-b!#%h!!!! He killed me. Again...and again...and again. I repeated this for about ten times (ouch, there goes alllllll my gold in bank, insurance ya' know). Still, this monster had to die. Had to. Know the feeling? Please say yes?

Now with all my gold used up, no more in bank for insurance I knew I had one more shot. So...much to my "disgust" (no offense to Cu lovers, I swear) I stabled my Reptalon, and pulled out my GM'd Cu-Sidhe. I ran to the battlefield, and indeed just me and my Cu-Sidhe, slayed the Lich Lord (Paragon)

Now, I went to uo.stratics.com and checked out what it had to say about these monsters...Here, take a look -----&gt;

Lich Lord

I will tell you this...I don't agree with what the comments are. This b*st*rd was MEAN. With my Cu-Sidhe, it took everything I had to survive the fight and emerge the victor of the battle. EVERYTHING I had in me...and my Cu-Sidhe.

So, in the end...I got back my silly little scimitar. The beast had 1,850 gold on it and the following items:

1 Deer Mask
Lower mana cost 6%
Physical Resist 2%
Fire Resist 6%
Cold resist 14%
Poison resist 1 %
Energy resist 7%

1 Bow
Hit lower defense 38%
Physical damage 100%

1 Bladed Staff
Hit chance increase 8%
Fire damage 40%
Cold damage 30%
Energy Damage 30%

1 Scythe
Spell Channeling
Hit chance increase 8%
Faster casting -1
Energy resist 10%
Physical damage 100%

1 Pitchfork
Hit stamina leech 22%
Luck 37
Damage increase 13%
Physical damage 100%

1 Bracelet
Provocation +10
Strength Bonus 5
Faster Cast Recovery 1
Lower Mana Cost 6%
Cold resist 10%

1 Bracelet
Cold resist 13%

1 Mass curse scroll

1 Energy bolt scroll

1 "One of the best fireworks ever"

27 Batwing

35 Pig Iron

And I got all of my bandages back that it looted off of me. So, in the end the gold came no where close to re-paying the amount of gold I spent on insurance. But I now have a better understanding of Lich Lord Paragons. But more importantly...it was about the principle of the matter...Right? I got revenge... REVENGE! On a stupid...little...computer generated monster.

G

Hi Bob Glad you finally got revenge on this guy. Did you check the link for the paragon version of him?
Paragon Lich Lord

His stats are a bit more than the standard Lich.

In the Lost Lands there is a Bog (Harper's?) that has frienzied also, or they use to. Not sure it is any safer though.

Thanks for a good read with my morning coffee.

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

I very much unterstand your feelings and your behavior!

A buddy and I went to the ankh dungeon, both skilled Stealthers with fighting skills around the 95s and decent Ninjitsus. We had quite a lot of fun until we reached the room where the Daemon and the Blood Elemental spawns. We singled out the Daemon and killed it without any problems. Crosshealing rocks.

Then we engaged the Blood Elemental. When we had it down to 50% health, it had us down to 0%, and using the bl**dy poisoning spell it broke our crosshealing strategy and slew us both. We both saw it: *The blood elemental rummages through your corpse and takes an item* It took my buddys gold. Never mind, we got ressed by the Shrine of Humility and ran back to take revenge. This time one of us survived with 5% health, while the blood elemental rummaged again and took my 300 bandages. Now it was getting personal! My buddy resurrected me, we split bandages and went for it again! This thing had to die, no matter what! Well, it didn't die, but we did. Both. Again, it took all our bandages. This was repeated about 5 times, until all our bandages were gone.

As I was the one having an ethereal mount I left the dungeon, recalled to my house, took 600 bandages of different color and returned to my buddy resurrecting him. Each one of us took 150 bandages of different color, so we would have half of them left in case we got looted again. Which, of course, we got. The damn thing killed us about 10 or 15 times until we finally managed to slay it after 3 hours of trying. I don't know why we succeeded finally. Maybe our fighting skills had risen meanwhile. :)

The Elemental had about 17,000 gold and 800 bandages as loot, among some other irrelevant crap. We wondered what would have happened if some Dude with uber-equipment would have recalled in, slain the damn thing with 3 hits and had left with all our stuff he surprisingly would have found as a loot. We would have cancelled our UO subscription. (Not really, lol!)

Anyway, we felt the triumph and the pride when finally defeating this son-of-a-b***h. It can't be compared with anything else! This was one of our most fun adventures we did.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Hi Bob Glad you finally got revenge on this guy. Did you check the link for the paragon version of him?
Paragon Lich Lord

His stats are a bit more than the standard Lich.

In the Lost Lands there is a Bog (Harper's?) that has frienzied also, or they use to. Not sure it is any safer though.

Thanks for a good read with my morning coffee.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a paragon bro, check the story and pic.

And I'm glad you had as much fun with the blood elemental as I did my Lich Lord (Paragon). In the end...I can say that I will remember that battle for a long...long time. Ahhh, good times, good times.

G

<blockquote><hr>

We wondered what would have happened if some Dude with uber-equipment would have recalled in, slain the damn thing with 3 hits and had left with all our stuff he surprisingly would have found as a loot.

[/ QUOTE ]
He would not have gotten the items looted from your corps, if you and your hunting partner were partied either of you could have reclaimed all the items that were looted, if not in a party the each of you would have been able to reclaim only what was looted form your own bodies (unless you don't get your stuff before the instance timer runs out, then all loot is available to anyone).
A friend I hunt with and myself have been in similar situations and it is oh so satisfying when the beast finally falls. There have been many times I have got spanked and had to call my friend for backup.

L

Lord Franklin

On top of all that, those suckers can MOVE. Try outrunning one! Whew! Glad you finally sent him back to his grave in the end.

As for pets, you made me chuckle with your "oddball" comment. My tamer had a pack of GM frenzied ostards that could take down a blood elemental pretty darn fast. The thing I liked most was hunting vorpal bunnies with them. Someone would be there with a dragon/nightmare combo, or a white wyrm, and they would kill their rabbit in 30 seconds or so. My ostards would kill that sucker in 10 seconds and I'd get a "Wow!" from the other tamer. Fun stuff!

Peaceful Journeys,
Lord Franklin

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

Actually I thought about taking up Chivalry, but when I read that high Karma was needed to ge the bonuses, I skipped on Chivalry. I just die too often...

G

What makes 'em so strong is the pack instinct. I've seen a pack of whaIt I believe were hell hounds take down swoop (before the patch) in about 5 seconds. A well trained pack of anything seems to be very formidable indeed.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always wondered how what I would call "Really good tamers" are able to jubble multiple pets. One trick I use while on my Reptalon, is if he gets right to the point of death, I jump on his back and run to saftey and then return to fight.

What would happen if 5 Frenzied Ostards all went a seperate direction? Those guys move FAST. Once out of earshot...hmm. Be a lot of pet rezzing. I still think that a legendary tamer should be able to say "All follow me" and the pet NOT take off even if targeted.

I still want to learn the trick I saw a tamer had at taming Rune Beetles fast as sin. I think his name was Raptor. Does anyone know if he uses Stratics boards?

G

Funny you should mention that Bob. I am soon going to ask all expert tamers of aggressive creatures such as Raptor if they would be willing to share their secrets at an upcoming event. On January 26th we hope to hold just such an event.

Stay Tuned

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
****Rubs hands together, grabs pencil and paper****

WOW, that would be really cool. Maybe one HUGE dissadvantage for me is, that I don't use third party programs...nope...none of them...NONE of them. Not "even the ones that everyone uses".

I'd love to know how its done. Sounds good Jerimah.

****Drinks coffee and readies self for some note-taking****