• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Liah's Guide: "From Creation to 4x GM Bard"

L

Liah

Create a new Chr With these skill's:

Music: 0
Provo: 50
Discord: 50
Peace: 0

Buy Music and Peace up to 30's from a GM NPC.

How to GM peace and Music:

Area Peace Self using GM made Instruments.

Music: 30's to 103.4
Peace: 30's to 102.4
Total Time: 48 hours

How to GM provocation:

50.0 to 59.2 Provoking Lava Lizards. 2 hrs
59.2 to 70.0 Provoking Drakes. 4 1/2 hrs
70.0 to 80.0 Provoking Drakes. 4 1/2 hrs
80.0 to 86.0 Lesser Hiryu 3 hrs
86.0 to 89.1 One Hiryu on other Lesser Hiryu's 2 hrs
89.1 to 97.0 Greater Hiryu on Greater Hiryu 5 hr's. Two can be found at CS in Tokuno. Get friends to help advance the spawn until they spawn.
97.0 to 100.8 Provoking Cu sidhe 5 hr's

Total Time: 26 hours

How to GM Discordance:

Tame or have a friend Tame 10 Cu sidhe's

Use Gm made Instruments until 97, then buy about 10-15 NPC made Instruments to finish up.

Discord every Cu Sidhe until they are all "Sparkling" then Hide until they are back to normal. Rinse and repeat.

*50.0 to 92.0 Using Gm made Instruments 29 hours
92.0 - 97.1 Using GM made Instruments 12 hrs
97.1 to 100 Changed to NPC made Instruments 8 hours

Time spent: 49 hours

*To make gains easier wear jewelry. I used a +5 Discord ring and a +12 Discord Bracelet. After I gained my first 5 pts in Discord I took off the ring. And after I gained my next 12 pts in Discord I took off the Bracelet.

End Results:

Discordance: 100
Provocation: 100.8
Peacemaking 102.8
Musicianship: 113.3

Grand Total Time Spent: 123 hours

Note: This guild will probably not be the fastest way to get to GM but when you are done you will know how to "Dance" your way around many dungeons. And there's a pretty penny to be made off the Creatures you kill. This guide is a "rough" idea of how to GM each Music Skill.

For optimal Results make sure your target is within 50% chance to succeed in the bard skill you are trying to gain in, using the "Stratics Bard Calculator".

I chose not to go that route because I despise looking for critters. So that's why I chose Drakes for so long, BIG dungeon to work in (Dance around while trying to succeed in Provo. Keep's you on your toes.) and NO one likes to kill drakes. They all love killing dragons, leaving me an ample supply of drakes to train with.

Hope this helps anyone.

Yours truly,

Liah

Guide Made 10/30/06

A

Arch Magus

Thanks for the guide.

I put my new bard on hold for a bit (100 music, 75 prov, 70 peace, 60 disco) and I thinki'll try out you guide later. Maybe have a 4xgm in a couple days =)

L

Liah

If some people could add from Gm to Legendary that would be good.

G

Well for provocation, from 100+ to 120 I spent my time in the Yamotsu Mines. Started with Warrior vs Warrior, then Warrior vs Priest, Priest Vs Priest and then Priest vs Elder. Used Exceptional Instruments, switched to normal when gains slowed. Can't say how many hours I spent since it was over a 3 month period (an hour here and an hour there), but I ended up with hundreds of gourds

G

*puts a thumb tack in* There ya go
anything anyone wants to add would be great. Anything to help new bards.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya, there's this nice post that has several THOUSAND hits and several hundred reply on discordance.

its been said that it has the odd nugget of good info in it.

Poo's Disco Adventures

bloody shame its in the back of the post bin.
might help some of the people who are continually posting here looking for info on discordance.

R

RexDarkstorm

Hey Poo, I'm legendary in all my bard skills now. Thanks man

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im here to serve brother, im here to serve.

i may start up a bard on Baja, so expect me to come calling looking for a free LRC suit, stat scroll and some powerscrolls, hehehehe

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you ever start to play on europe just find Loise Moonstone and ill get ya a LRC suit and a set of 115's. Just Because your the onlyone i ever heard of that have 3x120 discord. Thats frigging ******** tbh ^^

It must have taken a month of play time...
I will start to discord tomorrow, ill try the guide you linked to.

Best Regards Loise Moonstone!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
3x120 disco????

oh ya i dont post here anymore do i.

im up to 7 now.

hehehehhe.

1 on my pure bard on sonoma (Poo Bear)
1 on my disco tamer on sonoma (Poo)
1 on my soulstone collection in my castle on sonoma (ya thats sick, i know)
1 on my disco tamer on atlantic (Poo)
1 on my disco/archer on atlantic (BigBadWolf)
1 on my pure bard on atlantic (Hammer)
1 on my pure bard on Great Lakes (Poo)

its a sickness..... a sickness i tell you!!!!!

and for those 2 of ya that offered the scrolls and LRC suit.... im headning to ICQ right this second to call you and collect on your offers!

im expanding my domination of sonoma and taking over the world!!!!!!
oh look... something shiney!

D

Domineaux

You are insane Poo. I am working on a 4xLeg bard on Atlantic but have to get the Leg scrolls first as all I have now are 110's.

When this is done though I will never want another bard or more to the point, never want to train one again...lol

M

MagrothPac

Just my 2 cents here and a suggestion for those who didn't start with 50 Discordance. I decided to add the skill to my peacer treasure hunter. Bought up to ~30 and proceeded to Ilshenar Spirituality's champ spawn to discord Shadow Wisps. There are lots of targets and you don't really have to move around too much. The gains are great so far, and this should take me to 50 I believe (wisps are 46.4 difficulty). I have 96 Music skill going into it, so that probably helps.

I

imported_Fran Fury

<blockquote><hr>

Just my 2 cents here and a suggestion for those who didn't start with 50 Discordance. I decided to add the skill to my peacer treasure hunter. Bought up to ~30 and proceeded to Ilshenar Spirituality's champ spawn to discord Shadow Wisps. There are lots of targets and you don't really have to move around too much. The gains are great so far, and this should take me to 50 I believe (wisps are 46.4 difficulty). I have 96 Music skill going into it, so that probably helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I am one of those who didn't start at 50 in disco or provo. I have not had a bard in years and thought I would add it to my newer mage. I didn't feel like starting her over so I just bought up my bard skills but have had 0 luck finding anything on what to train provo and disco on at the lower levels. Of course I need to finish getting my music up a little more anyways..

C

Cupid.

Hiya, i am completly new here and completly new at this bard stuff. I am hoping for a bit of explanation on how you prov the lava lizards and the other things. i can't go to Fire or ever because i get massacred by all the stuff. Could you tell me where you prov that was safe?

~ Cupid.

L

Liah

Sorry for the late reply but I have a newborn and a new job. So as you can guess I don't have time to read the forums let alone time to post on them, and time to play has been whittled down to 1-2hr's a week.

But to answer your question. I'm not sure where a safe place to Provo Lava lizards would be. I went to Fire dungeon because I had an experienced player. I Soul Stoned over GM Magery and Eval to make getting places easier and the stay alive aspect of Magery (Heal, Invo). If I had more time I would keep an eye out for ya, but I just dont have the time.

Maybe some one else knows were to go to find Lava Lizards? Sorry I can’t be more help.

S

Shantia

Lava lizards can be found in the Delucia passage, as well as Effreet's and a Pheonix. Late post i know, but someone else might find use for this information

If you're a tamer, tame some frenzied ostards for low level gains in discord. I dont remember what level i started training at but i know i didnt start with 50...I remember doing frenzied's, then unicorns, then beetles, then Cu's.

A

ashandy8

Your guide is great but i have a question. I have a char that I have been playing with his skills and i finally decided that i want him to be a bard but I didn't start with any music, discord, peace or provo. Is there certian monster that I should provo and such to gain?

G

Greater hiryu's does not seem to exist. I cannot find any other than hiryu and lesser hiryu ingame or in any lexicon

A

Amethyst_LLTS

My assumption would be that 'Hiryu' are the greater, and the Lesser are named as such.. People sometimes tend to refer to the regular ones as 'greater' vs. 'lesser'.

G

I just get a 7th character slot and thought I would make a bard, so I came to this board to see if there were any up to date guides... and what was the top post in the list?

Fantastic info! I've taken peace and music to 115 before but never really played with the other bard skills... here goes!!!

Z

zackerybarber444

hehe no offense but am i the only one not gaining by this guide ?! if anyone has a better more please tell me im exactly at 65.0 provoking
gah its a pain to raise

T

Thopas

<blockquote><hr>

hehe no offense but am i the only one not gaining by this guide ?! if anyone has a better more please tell me im exactly at 65.0 provoking
gah its a pain to raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'll second the concern. I've got Music up to 93.3, but I'm having the hardest time getting to GM, much less beyond. I'm cranking through new instruments like crazy, macro'ing while I travel around. Prov's only 53.3.

How quickly should I pump up the music once I'm at 93.3? Is there still a "power hour" when you log in? Is the level of the mob considered when you're using Provocation with respect to gaining stats? What does Poo mean by "ring" when he says, "get GM music (or 70 and ring up to 100)"?

X

Xenz

Yeah I hear that I'm going nuts trying to get to gm I dont even see how its possible to get to 120! haha Im stuck at 87.6... sucks I want gm so bad....

C

Cheepareap

I made my bard a few days ago, spent a few hours with provo and i went from 50-80 provoing blue beetles on eachother :) very fast gains, just dont die!

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How quickly should I pump up the music once I'm at 93.3? Is there still a "power hour" when you log in? Is the level of the mob considered when you're using Provocation with respect to gaining stats? What does Poo mean by "ring" when he says, "get GM music (or 70 and ring up to 100)"?
Barding skills actually have two skill checks:
- music
- used skill
If the music check fails, your whole action fails. At GM music never fails again. So bringing music up to 100 is essential for good/decent gaining on any other skills. If necessary use yewelry for that (ring and bracelet ... guess thats what he meant with 'ring up').

One thing to additionally mention:
The kr-client! Theres no timer/delay on using a music instrument (playing it) and it consumes no charges at all. So you can train up music really fast directly with the kr-macroing. Simply buy 10 instruments, drag them at macro-creation at empty slots and enable repeating (10-times best). Depending on you connection it might be wise to include a delay inbetween two instruments. (For testing purpose I used 0.2 seconds and was safe with it.)

M

MoneyMaker

One thing to additionally mention:
The kr-client! Theres no timer/delay on using a music instrument (playing it) and it consumes no charges at all. So you can train up music really fast directly with the kr-macroing. Simply buy 10 instruments, drag them at macro-creation at empty slots and enable repeating (10-times best). Depending on you connection it might be wise to include a delay inbetween two instruments. (For testing purpose I used 0.2 seconds and was safe with it.)
Works in 2d client also, just have to tape your macro button down or use uoa long macro. (long live the 2d!!)

Sara1

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got my tamer up to 120 in around 48 actual hours on the cu's. NPC instruments. Music locked down at 99.0. I was told that helps to have music under gm. I know its very very boring, but I bring up all the tags and make a macro clicking one instrument then using skill to disco one cu, then click an instrument and target the next cu, etc. That way I don't wear out an instrument as fast. I do this on Assist and have a hot key to start . Sit and watch the gains and push the hot key every 5 min or so.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
if your using UOassist, then the very first line in your macro should be you dd clicking your instrament, then set it to USE ITEM TYPE, pause after it for like a millisecond then have your normal macro.
that way it will reset your instrament automatically every time you run it, works good for when your instraments die off as it will auto switch to another of the same type.
so just go buy like 100 and your set for days.