• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Levelling Question

Trithemius

Visitor
So i have a GM Smith/Tailor i want to take to legendary i have the scroll and mats and know what to make, can i just do max number and walk away for 5 mins...

Or to level do i have to build everything individually.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just do max number. Ps. got as much free space to inventory as possible.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
While there are things that give a fractionally better gain rate or ingot use, the most efficient item for "make max" for smiths above 100 are the regular and royal circlets (headgear).

They take six ingots per (and you get back 4 of the 6 if at 101.2 or higher mining with mining gloves on), and their very low weight is such that you can make as many as you can hold (under the 125 item carry max) inside a salvage bag, so you should be able to make 100+ at a time, use salvage bag, reload, and do another bagful.

The "Make Max" method requires you to look at the screen every 5 minutes or so (And be using tools with enough charges - the vet reward house add-on that can be loaded up to 5000 charges by dropping in hammers, tongs and sledgehammers are great for this).

However, the efficiency in recycling also makes them optimal for the make & recycle method that some used to use (that, requiring many more actions, actually takes longer than using make max and a recycle bag, for small objects).