• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Letters to the King from Lady Pandora de Romanus

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok ok I am confused as hell...are you a Governor or a Countess?

I am assuming the different titles is significant and on purpose....so enlighten this poor nave please

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok ok I am confused as hell...are you a Governor or a Countess?

I am assuming the different titles is significant and on purpose....so enlighten this poor nave please

So, I think you MAY have heard that Pandora and Marius had a lavish grand wedding on Feb 21 1998, in where Lord British presided and other game masters attended in addition to like what was back then a horde of players, probably 400+. I remember crashing the server once right before I walked down the aisle and we ended up having to wait like 15 mins for it to come back up. Ever since then, Marius was titled as Count of the King's Court and I his Countess because we had Vamp's Lair in East Britain and it was pretty famous back in the day. And it was well recognizable... I mean it was one of only two public castle malls in existence and mine was the only one that allowed --- more like promoted --- reds to enter and shop whereas Dragon's Lair forbid them. Of course all of that was pre-Trammel.

I still "in character" function very solidly as a Countess for Britain and certainly LOVE that city dearly. As such "in character" I do a lot of charity work and so on --- much like a real Countess would, like what you see the royals of Great Britain do for example. One of Pandora's main causes is provided food and shelter for the poor that need it. Through that, she came to desire to provide adequate healthcare to all the citizens that need it, regardless of station. So that's how the hospital idea came about.

Now... my friend Adam plays Armand de Romanus. He is Marius' "son" in character, and thus my step son. Marius is quite a bit older than Pandora. Armand ran for governor this term because he didn't want the stone to go without an appointed governor, and let's be honest we actually do something with it when we get it. That's a whole different ballgame than the King's Court Royals, at least that's how I see it. The governor system was a new system, only a bit over a year old. It doesn't take away from a character becoming a "royal" and then acting out its life based upon that title. Armand himself is a Baron, because Marius is a Count, thus his children are automatically titled one station beneath. When Armand married Merida, she was knighted a Baroness based on her marriage.

TLDR: The "Royals" of the King's Court can be RP'd as a different system altogether than the Governorships. And that's how we use it. I also like to use ONE THREAD to keep all my letters to the King in, so you have to check the dates on the letters. :)

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh and this thread used to be in what was once known as the Catskills EM Forum.... miss that forum tbh.