• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lets talk factions

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The good and bad?:gun:
What changed that should not have?:gee:
What needs to change and hasn't?:danceb:

I first went to Factions on Siege Perilous for the simple reason I did not like attacking blues and there were not enough reds to fight. Factions automatically invites mutually agreed upon combat. I also liked the consequence of stat loss.

I do not like the long timers on sigils and had the most fun during the faction invasion. There was almost always a sigil to steal and the threat of a fight was ever present.

Granted, I only played factions on SP, so I am missing a big part of the picture. Help me understand because I want to capture that fun again. :stretcher:

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The sigil timers are an issue for me too maybe cut the timers in half to say 5 hours to corrupt and 5 hours to refresh the sigils that would create more faction guards. But again this is probally only a consern of siege as most shards have alot more points to be thrown around

also with this maybe cut the faction points givin by the sigils in half

Last edited:

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't agree, the short timers had the opposite effect from what I recall. People got burned out, and there seemed to be less desire to to guard something that was only going to come start over again.

Repetition isn't the answer, but that's my opinion.

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On a large shard the timer may make sense. I don't know because I never played faction anywhere but SP.

I agree shortening the timer could burn out those who are fanatic about Factions, but think it would bring more players (and think that was proven when the timers were short). That's because not everyone plays the game every day. It is fun to be able to complete a cycle of sigil comnat in a day's gaem play. With short timers, there is almost always something significant to participate in.

The insane points that arose during the invasion can easily be avoided, no matter what the timer is set to.