• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Let's talk about the aesthetics of the loot system. (AKA I want some flashy colors and stuff!)

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep, this again.

Okay so anymore we've got a Diablo-esque system where you kill things over and over and over to infinity for randomly generated items labeled with eight different levels of quality. Except unlike Diablo and every other game like it, items aren't distinguished by any kind of text name color, but by a string at the end of a giant paragraph of stats. Oh and the item color that indicates a magic item is grey.

Come on devs, it's like you went out of your way to make this as drab as possible. I know you've played games before, you've seen how this is supposed to be done. Here's what we need:

* Items hued according to quality level. Nothing super tasteless, just something easily distinguishable among a pile of random crap. Leave the lower-end crap default color, just don't make me mouse over everything on the corpse to see if anything of an interesting level dropped.

You know what, this was going to be a bullet point list but I think I'm leaving it with just one point.
Redesigning the item property display is something we hope to accomplish in a future update. Making item quality easily distinguishable is high up on the wish list. If you have further feedback as to what features you would like to see in an updated item property window, let us know!

Thanks for the feedback!