• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lets talk about .... Avatar book and bookmarks

G

That is what I did. I have fun on there. Like you said we can not see anything more than we can if we were in game.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

Theres no need to worry about that, players who look at your avatar book page cant see anything more about you then they can in game. I'm assured they have great plans for it that will benefit the players and bring in new players. Really everyone ought to try FB its fun and remember you can create your page with your sim name most of the time, but you dont have to use RL info at all! So whats the problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

All players should be very wary of providing any personal information on Facebook.

From a current article about privacy issues:

2007 also saw the emergence of threats targeting the fast growing and vulnerable area of social networking. Web sites such as Facebook, Linked-In and Plaxo present rich-pickings to cyber criminals looking to gather personal information for use in identity theft or targeted attacks. During 2007, several significant waves of targeted attacks appeared, primarily with C-level and senior executives being the recipients of such attention. Levels rose from one attack per day in 2006 to more than 1,100 over a 16 hour period during September 2007. The most recent wave occurred in November when the first sector specific attack took place with almost 1,000 individual attacks aimed at the Financial Sector. MessageLabs clients are becoming increasingly wary of these sites with the category which social networking tools fall under being the third most commonly triggered policy-based filtering rule on MessageLabs Web Security Services.

A brief search will also turn up many articles warning of troublesome spam rates that come from signing up at Facebook and other social networking sites. If this is YOUR CHOICE, fine; but, I sure hope I am not subjected to any spam or worse from being included in the EA marketing endeavor, "Avatarbook."

N

NightFlyer

I already get spam from FB ingame. And I am not a subscriber to FB.

I have from day one. This does not bring more enjoyment to my game.

I hope this gets addressed and soon.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Theres no need to worry about that, players who look at your avatar book page cant see anything more about you then they can in game. I'm assured they have great plans for it that will benefit the players and bring in new players. Really everyone ought to try FB its fun and remember you can create your page with your sim name most of the time, but you dont have to use RL info at all! So whats the problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

All players should be very wary of providing any personal information on Facebook.

From a current article about privacy issues:

2007 also saw the emergence of threats targeting the fast growing and vulnerable area of social networking. Web sites such as Facebook, Linked-In and Plaxo present rich-pickings to cyber criminals looking to gather personal information for use in identity theft or targeted attacks. During 2007, several significant waves of targeted attacks appeared, primarily with C-level and senior executives being the recipients of such attention. Levels rose from one attack per day in 2006 to more than 1,100 over a 16 hour period during September 2007. The most recent wave occurred in November when the first sector specific attack took place with almost 1,000 individual attacks aimed at the Financial Sector. MessageLabs clients are becoming increasingly wary of these sites with the category which social networking tools fall under being the third most commonly triggered policy-based filtering rule on MessageLabs Web Security Services.

A brief search will also turn up many articles warning of troublesome spam rates that come from signing up at Facebook and other social networking sites. If this is YOUR CHOICE, fine; but, I sure hope I am not subjected to any spam or worse from being included in the EA marketing endeavor, "Avatarbook."

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Did you try accessing it to see what you can see and if you need a Facebook account to view avatar profiles?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes you do have to have a Facebook account to use Avatar book. I recently posted an interactive Google Gadget to the Wiki site that uses the same web services Avatar book does. If you don't have access to Avatar book, it should give you some idea of the information that's available.

[/ QUOTE ]
I do not have a Facebook account but I decided to look at JimDog's Google Gadget to see what kind of information I could retrieve. Boy was I shocked. JimDog has provided stalkers the perfect tool for stalking their victims. Forget that you have your privacy button turned on because it does not work for this. This is what this gadget provides.

General: Online/Offline status, Age, Birthdate, Gender, Last Login, Home Lot, Current Location
Motives
Skills with skill locks
Bookmarks with Online/Offline status and Current Location
Friends with Daily and Lifetime friend values, Online/Offline status and Current Location
History of lots visited
Lot information available:
General: Open/Closed, Category, Description, Number of Avatars on Lot, Owner, Neighborhood
Roommates with Online/Offline status and Current Location
List of Avatars on Lot
If added to iGoogle, you can select a default display mode of Avatar or Lot which will show the last Avatar or Lot displayed.

This is more information than what is available to the player in game. Yes it displays where you are, what time you arrived and everywhere you went recently and when you logged into and out of each lot. It let's you peer into lots to see who is on the lot. All your bookmarks are there too. I see no way to block this information from being broadcast either. JimDog, we have a privacy button on our UI for a reason. You have made it useless. Is anyone else as upset about this gadget as me?

Luckily this gadget failed to retrieve the information on all my avatars but it works on most. The failures are independent of the privacy button being turned on or off.

N

NightFlyer

I'm just waiting for that "What do you have to hide!" response here.

No, sir, I don't like it.

G

Actually I have nothing to hide and no stalkers that I'm aware of, but I still dont really like all that info out there.

G

Oh my god !!

Ok I'm totally totally gobsmacked, in fact I'm horrified !

I don't know where to start, this is wrong in SO, so many ways.

I'll come back to this when I can actually articulate just how much I don't like this.

Polly

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I've never been able to get the gadget to work at all.

N

NightFlyer

Whose brilliant idea was this?

What next.. make IM conversations avalable to view? Have a peek inside your mail box?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Did you try accessing it to see what you can see and if you need a Facebook account to view avatar profiles?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes you do have to have a Facebook account to use Avatar book. I recently posted an interactive Google Gadget to the Wiki site that uses the same web services Avatar book does. If you don't have access to Avatar book, it should give you some idea of the information that's available.

[/ QUOTE ]
I do not have a Facebook account but I decided to look at JimDog's Google Gadget to see what kind of information I could retrieve. Boy was I shocked. JimDog has provided stalkers the perfect tool for stalking their victims. Forget that you have your privacy button turned on because it does not work for this. This is what this gadget provides.

General: Online/Offline status, Age, Birthdate, Gender, Last Login, Home Lot, Current Location
Motives
Skills with skill locks
Friends with Daily and Lifetime friend values, Online/Offline status and Current Location
History of lots visited
General: Open/Closed, Category, Description, Number of Avatars on Lot, Owner, Neighborhood
List of Avatars on Lot
If added to iGoogle, you can select a default display mode of Avatar or Lot which will show the last Avatar or Lot displayed.

This is more information than what is available to the player in game. Yes it displays where you are, what time you arrived and everywhere you went recently and when you logged into and out of each lot. It let's you peer into lots to see who is on the lot. All your bookmarks are there too. I see no way to block this information from being broadcast either. JimDog, we have a privacy button on our UI for a reason. You have made it useless. Is anyone else as upset about this gadget as me?

Luckily this gadget failed to retrieve the information on all my avatars but it works on most. The failures are independent of the privacy button being turned on or off.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is [censored] ridiculous!!!

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

When you sign up to use Facebook you provide information. That information may not go online, but you better believe that the data is collected and used in many, many ways. Your email address, your demographics -- all are of interest to many people who harvest information, and/or buy it, from companies like Facebook.

EA has really pissed me off by providing this to Facebook without my permission. I wonder if EA is sharing (selling?) information from our customer files? I suspect the answer is yes.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

When you sign up to use Facebook you provide information. That information may not go online, but you better believe that the data is collected and used in many, many ways. Your email address, your demographics -- all are of interest to many people who harvest information, and/or buy it, from companies like Facebook.

EA has really pissed me off by providing this to Facebook without my permission. I wonder if EA is sharing (selling?) information from our customer files? I suspect the answer is yes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dali, are you suggesting they are using account info, rather than game (avatar) info?

G

I've been using FB for months with a real profile set up, I've not once received any spam on the email account I use.

EA haven't provided any of your rl info to FB - the only information that exists is your sim name, lot name, your friend list (which only partially shows) and your skills. You can see the same information by logging ingame and looking at your sim bio. There is nothing additional on Avatar book about you. The bookmarks (which were what some were complaining about - ok what I was complaining about !) have now been taken off as per our feedback.

However this wiki gadget thing is a whole different ballgame ...

It shows where you have been - the time you arrived, the time you left. Your bookmarks, if they are online and where they are. The privacy button that EA gave us has been completely removed with this gadget thing and it shows more info then we've ever had access to in game.

edit: its actually quite addictive, interesting to see who is where - you can also search by lot and see who is there. You can click on anyone, see their info and then keep clicking through friends, bookmarks etc

Polly

I

imported_gensi

Seriously, if I wanted ppl to stalk me, I'd post all my info in my bio. Ugh.

Polly quit stalking!!

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Dali, are you suggesting they are using account info, rather than game (avatar) info?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know Facebook collects the information when you sign up. I wasn't suggesting EA is selling our data to others, but do we know they are not? They obviously didn't think things through before opening up this mess, so who knows what else they've done without our knowledge.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Motives
Skills with skill locks
History of lots visited
List of Avatars on Lot

[/ QUOTE ]

ONLY VERY HUGELY *SWEAR WORD* *SWEAR WORD* OFF!!!!!!

Oh and for those that haven't yet looked - go look. If your sim isn't on there cos you dont have a FB account - look for one of your friends then at their bookmarks - its all there for you to see REGARDLESS if you have a FB account or not.

YOu can see.....
Who needs to pee, eat, shower.
Where thay have been
Where they are NOW

I shan't carry on *breathes*

Thanks for this great bit of kit *pffffffft*

REMOVE IT or ADD an opt IN button (note I said IN not OUT)

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Motives
Skills with skill locks
History of lots visited
List of Avatars on Lot

[/ QUOTE ]
This is [censored] ridiculous!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
What do you think is ridiculous? Please clarify.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Remflyer - so a search for one of you friends then look at their bookmarks, click on yourself - you fill find that your info more than likely IS there *sigh*

I

imported_Gracie Nito

The gadgets for google are completely independent from facebook. The gadge designed by JimDog on the wiki seems to retrieve the most information if and when it works. I can't find myself but others have. I'm not a very private sim so I really could care less what people find out about my sim. Good lord, i go to all kinds of places I don't even remember when or why myself. If someone wants to try to use that information against me then they will have to remind me I was there.

Polly was kind enough to message me in game to let me know my sim was getting hungry. I found that quite useful.

N

NightFlyer

You must be fortunate enough to never have had stalkers. Not all of us are so lucky.

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Remflyer - so a search for one of you friends then look at their bookmarks, click on yourself - you fill find that your info more than likely IS there *sigh*

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol I've done this. I am the one who posted about this. Some of my avatars I can't get to with this gadget no matter how I try to retrieve them. The gadget responds with the message "Unable to retrieve Avatar information Please try again" I only wish I could block all my avatars.

G

Btw Donavan you need to feed your sim, but I suggest you pee first

Polly

G

As far as I'm concerned, any information that wouldn't be available in game shouldn't be available anywhere. I find it a complete invasion of privacy. There are so many psychotic people playing this game, and this gadget is way too personal. TC3's allowing for 6 sims is bad enough for a stalker playground, and something like this just gives them all the more edge. No one needs to watch to see when I am on. Or know who I have bookmarked. No one needs to know where I have been or for how long. It's no ones business but my own.

I agree that this should have an opt IN button, and I certainly won't be clicking it.

N

NightFlyer

We shouldn't have to block our avatars. We should not have to be included in any of this without our consent. I feel as though my privacy is being invaded and I don't like it.

I am very diappointed that TPTB are allowing this. I can only hope they will see this is not a good thing and make the necessary changes.

G

Someone please give Donavan a hug - his social is looking a little low, but the good news is that his sim is no longer hungry !

Polly

G

I think this JimDog or whoever needs to take it down and make something else, may I suggest something like "how many sims are in each city" and leave our sims personal information out of it. If the information isn't available to people in game, and that includes where we are for those who choose to hide, it sure as hell shouldn't be on some web page someone can watch without even logging into the game.

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

We shouldn't have to block our avatars. We should not have to be included in any of this without our consent. I feel as though my privacy is being invaded and I don't like it.

I am very diappointed that TPTB are allowing this. I can only hope they will see this is not a good thing and make the necessary changes.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. When the Devs originally put in the "Where am I" button on the UI the majority of the players were very vocal about demanding the ability to turn it off. This gadget completely bypasses that system and it is not right IMO to do so.

W

Westley

I do not like the fact that this little widget shows more info to anyone in the world that doesn't even play TSO, all the data that is private...OK, I guess it's the Wher am I, and the bookmark things that really burn me...if EA/TSO wants to keep that data out there, so be it, but PLEASE OH GOD PLEASE give us a FARGIN button to block it...I have bookmarks for a reason, and no one else needs to know who they are...

The other widget thingy that irks my hide is the one that says where I've been, how long I was there, who is in the house I'm in now....If you want that stuff made public, first make it public in game...talk about a DATA MINE.. Grrr.. if it's not available in game, why should a non-player have all that info ???

Think about that...A NON TSO PLAYER CAN GET MORE INFO ON YOUR SIMMY THAN SOMEONE IN GAME CAN, JSUT FROM ONE LITTLE WIDGET........

*Gets off soapbox*

G

<blockquote><hr>

The gadgets for google are completely independent from facebook. The gadge designed by JimDog on the wiki seems to retrieve the most information if and when it works. I can't find myself but others have. I'm not a very private sim so I really could care less what people find out about my sim. Good lord, i go to all kinds of places I don't even remember when or why myself. If someone wants to try to use that information against me then they will have to remind me I was there.

Polly was kind enough to message me in game to let me know my sim was getting hungry. I found that quite useful.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please tell me you are not defending the use of this thing.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]
I realize you guys are just kidding around, but - I don't find this thing a bit funny.

And this from a guy who who finds "funny" in everything.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]
I realize you guys are just kidding around, but - I don't find this thing a bit funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I'm not really defending it. I really have nothing to hide so it doesn't bother me. I am fully aware how it may bother quite a few people. It is really cool to be able to look up a house and see who is there before deciding to go there. I'm not really interested in where everyone has been or who is on their bookmarks. I do find the needs info funny. I guess it would be useful for all those serenaders in skill houses to know who actually needs serenades.

As usual, I try to see the positive side.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I am another who finds "funny" in everything, but this pisses me off on many levels. It begs the question: "Why was time spent on this development?" Why was being able to track and detail this information considered important? Being able to mine information from game details is of use for what, really?

Keep in mind that this was the opening shot. This is just the tip of the iceberg, IMO. It seems to me that the game is going to pander to the adolescents who adore social networking, and this is the first step to integrating the full Facebook type mentality into the game.

There was a huge flap when the "Where Am I" button was activated, which was soon followed by the privacy button. Anyone who'd been paying attention to player concerns would have known better than to activate this feature. I really feel the game is being redesigned by folks who have shallow experience with playing the game and no idea what players consider important.

G

This wasn't developed by the team Dali, this was made by a player and put on the wiki.

Polly

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

This wasn't developed by the team Dali, this was made by a player and put on the wiki.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah. That makes me feel even better...NOT. So, a player can jack around game details? Nice.

At some point someone in charge had a say on whether or not the thing could be activated. If it was designed by a third party then EA had to OK it. That makes the devs responsible. Whomever made the decision to OK it obviously has no experience with what players don't want, or they don't give a fig.

Bells and whistles don't make the game any better.

N

NightFlyer

"...Whomever made the decision to OK it obviously has no experience with what players don't want, or they don't give a fig."

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Now lets see what they do to reverse this.

Obviously they learned nothing from the "Where Am I" fiasco.

And to those of you who say "So what? I have nothing to hide!" I pose this question - Have you ever clicked that privacy button?

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
I did some investigating about how this person could have had access to what has always been private information in our game and this is what I found.

http://www.game-blueprints.com/webMathematica/wiki/wiki.jsp?pageName=Web_Services

So it is our developers Luc Barthelet and Paul who put the players' information out there for programmers like JimDog to use in designing their widgets.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

"...Whomever made the decision to OK it obviously has no experience with what players don't want, or they don't give a fig."

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Now lets see what they do to reverse this.

Obviously they learned nothing from the "Where Am I" fiasco.

And to those of you who say "So what? I have nothing to hide!" I pose this question - Have you ever clicked that privacy button?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need to have "something to hide" not to want your every detail tracked.

The only times I've used the privacy feature in game are when planning a surprise party or other event where secrecy is important. On the other hand, the game is my play time. I like to think I can "get away" during my play time, and not be subjected to scrutiny by any Tom, Nick or Hairy who has nothing better to do than scrutinize my game details.

N

NightFlyer

I agree, this is about principle, not whether you have anything to hide or not.

N

NightFlyer

TTL

Interestingly Lee Fancey's bookmarks don't show. What's up with that? He doesn't want his privacy invaded yet he allows ours to be?

What a hypocrit.

Merry [censored] Christmas.

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

TTL

Interestingly Lee Fancey's bookmarks don't show. What's up with that? He doesn't want his privacy invaded yet he allows ours to be?

What a hypocrit.

Merry [censored] Christmas.

[/ QUOTE ]
If there is no bookmark tab that means he didn't have anyone bookmarked.

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

As far as I'm concerned, any information that wouldn't be available in game shouldn't be available anywhere. I find it a complete invasion of privacy. There are so many psychotic people playing this game, and this gadget is way too personal. TC3's allowing for 6 sims is bad enough for a stalker playground, and something like this just gives them all the more edge. No one needs to watch to see when I am on. Or know who I have bookmarked. No one needs to know where I have been or for how long. It's no ones business but my own.

I agree that this should have an opt IN button, and I certainly won't be clicking it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with you on this. Someone needs to put a stop to this or as stated above place an "Opt In NOT Opt Out" button. No one, at all, needs to know what others are doing, where they are, how long etc. I find this a sick use of someones time to stalk others in game and know their every move.

I

imported_remflyer

I think JimDog's Google Gadget has now been disabled. Just checked it again for some of my avatars that were showing up on it and now get this message, "Invalid data received from EA® Please try again" Can someone else confirm this please?

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I'm not really defending it. I really have nothing to hide so it doesn't bother me. I am fully aware how it may bother quite a few people. It is really cool to be able to look up a house and see who is there before deciding to go there. I'm not really interested in where everyone has been or who is on their bookmarks. I do find the needs info funny. I guess it would be useful for all those serenaders in skill houses to know who actually needs serenades.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not the fact if you have anything to hide or not, its the fact that, no matter what, its no ones business what your sim is doing or where you've been and how long you were there.

Not to be mean but honestly, I think you'd try to find a positive side to a tornado.

This is an invasion of privacy pure and simple. Whats next, what a sim is doing but also what the sim owner is doing and how many times you left your PC to go pee???

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not the fact if you have anything to hide or not, its the fact that, no matter what, its no ones business what your sim is doing or where you've been and how long you were there.

Not to be mean but honestly, I think you'd try to find a positive side to a tornado.

This is an invasion of privacy pure and simple. Whats next, what a sim is doing but also what the sim owner is doing and how many times you left your PC to go pee???

[/ QUOTE ]

The agreement we signed asks us to agree we have no privacy in game, which includes private IMs. I think most people would take this to mean that EA has the right to monitor any communication in game. I certainly didn't expect that our in-game information would be posted to the world at large. Bindy, you asked what is next -- and I wonder if a widget to post IMs will be next.

Gracie -- you said maybe this widget will be useful in making it apparent who needs serenades. God bless you. I think that is a negative. I think too many players already think serenades are their right, forgetting that most houses have high quality beds for greening. Now, in addition to "I need a song!" they could be yelling out, "Pay attention, don't you check the widget? My energy needs are dropping, gimme a song, now!"

B

Bindy

<blockquote><hr>

The agreement we signed asks us to agree we have no privacy in game, which includes private IMs. I think most people would take this to mean that EA has the right to monitor any communication in game. I certainly didn't expect that our in-game information would be posted to the world at large. Bindy, you asked what is next -- and I wonder if a widget to post IMs will be next.

Gracie -- you said maybe this widget will be useful in making it apparent who needs serenades. God bless you. I think that is a negative. I think too many players already think serenades are their right, forgetting that most houses have high quality beds for greening. Now, in addition to "I need a song!" they could be yelling out, "Pay attention, don't you check the widget? My energy needs are dropping, gimme a song, now!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not happy about signing that agreement but what other choice did I (we) have if we wanted to continue playing. EA wants the right to spy on what we say or do is like having Big Brother watching us. Not my idea of what it means to play a game and have fun.

("I need a song!" "Pay attention, don't you check the widget? My energy needs are dropping, gimme a song, now!")

Oh yes, you nailed that one right on the head Dali. I can see that happening, absolutely.

I

imported_remflyer

<blockquote><hr>

I think JimDog's Google Gadget has now been disabled. Just checked it again for some of my avatars that were showing up on it and now get this message, "Invalid data received from EA® Please try again" Can someone else confirm this please?

[/ QUOTE ]
Darn it's working again.

G

In case anyone missed it, Luc gave a response on the blog to a concern raised about this wiki gadget:
<blockquote><hr>

Luc said,

on December 24th, 2007 at 9:08 pm

CntryGrl, I am working on the privacy controls in the sims’ panel. it will take a few weeks, but you will get what you asked for.
Merry Christmas,
Luc

[/ QUOTE ]

Polly

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

In case anyone missed it, Luc gave a response on the blog to a concern raised about this wiki gadget:
<blockquote><hr>

Luc said,

on December 24th, 2007 at 9:08 pm

CntryGrl, I am working on the privacy controls in the sims’ panel. it will take a few weeks, but you will get what you asked for.
Merry Christmas,
Luc

[/ QUOTE ]

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

My question to Luc -- why not disable the damn thing until you can work out the privacy controls? In my opinion, leaving it up is like driving a car without brakes whilst you work out how to install the brakes. Park the car, work on the brakes, before you start the ignition.

Merry Christmas my foot. I resent anyone playing fast and loose with player details. This widget thing has potential to sow discord, encourage stalking and negative behaviors, and create drama in a game which has more than its share already. Knowing that EA thinks it fair game for third party programs to use game details to post outside the game is maddening. Now that we have a taste of what this means, I think many of us will be rethinking our options.

Do you think that unhappy players will provide good marketing, Luc? Discounting player opinion and preferences will pay negative dividends.

Not Merry Christmas, but I hope Happy New Year.