• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement Lets talk about 2014.

• Orcs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orcs.

• Orcs

• Total voters

Bennu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Taweret and I have been in discussions quite a bit this month and we have decided to promote a bit of discussion on plans for next year. Since I have a partner now (yay!) and she seems like she is going to stick around we need to be a bit more organized about this.

Next year's theme is going to be Orcs. Yes, Orcs. The paradigm of Blackthorn, the Council, The Orc race and the political factioning therein is an interesting one and we both feel it is worth exploring.

We are considering a TEMPORARY "Crux Ansata" type system run by Taweret for the "Orc side" of things, meaning, if you wish to RP as an Orc and participate on that side of the coin we could do that, IF enough people are interested.

We will be pushing/developing a system to include player run banner towns in the mix (Fiction/RP/EM Events), this will reward activity and also remove banners in inactive locations. (you read that correctly)

The King's Council will be heavily stressed by Bennu as it is currently.

The Crux Ansata isn't going anywhere.

So, in closing: Orcs, Royal Council, Crux Ansata, Orcs, Banner Towns, Orcs... oh and Orcs.

If you read the above, Id like you to comment no matter if your thoughts are positive or negative. Taweret and I both would like discussion before we start putting things in writing in January.

Last edited:

Lady Khaleesi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Excellent ideas! The role play community has already started a bit a plot in Vesper, I will post the story on Atlantic Stratics board, so I am pretty sure it will be well received.
I love the player run town revitalization. (So much work goes into creating them and even more so keeping them active.) I am excited about the coming year for many many reasons and
look forward to discovering all that will unfold!!!!

Last edited:

SunWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This will make alot of people really happy, if they are still around in the game.
Was going to be a Yew Times story about the Orc race and how they are becoming so advanced, but I never gotten around finishing it.

Sennah T' Nae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
We did the orc rp in Vesper and it is pretty well received. We have more plans for it too so yes more orc rpers would be great! We began in Vesper but we also are planning to do stuff in other main cities of Sosaria. What a goal is with the rp is to do some old style rp, maybe some rp/pvp activity happening because of chaos caused by the orcs. I'll put a link to the Vesper rp we did and info on our orc guild.

http://www.atlanticcommunityboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30091

http://www.atlanticcommunityboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30258

ICQ me or message me here if you would like with questions or ideas! 176782236

typhon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay! Ork rp is always hilarious and Bennu does a mean Bludgod(and i mean very impressive)! It could finally time to break out Ug'Dug Dig'Dug and try to get the URKS more active again!:grouphug:. In my experience not all rpers receive orc rp well. But it still sounds like a lot of fun to me at least.

Last edited:

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Grumbles..... Orcs.... Smelly... Flea ridden ...Lice infested... Wart covered.....Wait (Warts)? Toads give warts!
(Bennu and Taweret need to start hanging around better company) Gah ... Orcs?

Digs thru Toad Towns chests... Where did Alex put those Orc disguise masks.... O here they are.... ugh this does nothing for my girlish figure....
(Maybe Bennu and Taweret ran out of event ideas)

Orc masks disguise kits....(check) I suppose I could done this an go undercover as an Orc and see what this is all about.

There will be no Orcs in Jhelom (sends off a regiment of warriors to learn Orc weaponry skills and tactics ) Need to find a couple extra Crux Knights to stand guard at the Jhelom posts

Orcs... Rolls eyes*

Last edited:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Personally I'm not much into orcs, never have been, but its a nice change of pace :)

Flair

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
yay for orcs, i have a orc version of aulbrey i can bring out to play *grins showing a single tooth*
I also have an orc version of Flair... but he's got a differnet name and i have lots of gold and booze...

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I wish to fight along side the Orcs! They are simply misunderstood! They have a longer history in our world than most of the hoomans living there!

Scribbles

Long Live The Players
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
1. Capture the flag 2. Pvp tournament 3. Scavenger hunts 4. academic decathalon 5. An olympics 6. a Skit night 7. Dungeon crawl night

There is more to the community than the RPers and trammies. Find events that can bring all walks of the atlantic shard to life. I would be happy to share with either of you on ways to run such events and get more people to them.

Thanks for all the work.

Lord Atlantic

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
1. Capture the flag 2. Pvp tournament 3. Scavenger hunts 4. academic decathalon 5. An olympics 6. a Skit night 7. Dungeon crawl night

There is more to the community than the RPers and trammies. Find events that can bring all walks of the atlantic shard to life. I would be happy to share with either of you on ways to run such events and get more people to them.

Thanks for all the work.
^ Totally agree especially the capture the flag part.

Kelly Daze

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish there was a way you could add to the city loyalty publish. You should really see about letting different guilds run different towns. We build and/or customize a city. That way we can place house throughout the city. We run all the NPC shops in that area with player vendors. If people buy items from the vendors, part of the gold or a point system could go to the town's charter along with the arresting of rioters, putting out the fires, turning in BODs, participating in champ spawns, and city trade. We could use the gold and/or points to add what types of building and/or housing to the town. Imagine the possibilities, city event, player run events, etc......
Just a thought

Lady Khaleesi

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
That has been something we in Vesper has been doing from onset............ Many of the community own homes through out the town.. use the bank.... promote activity through the town from the beginning of the town voting system.

Last edited:

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I wish there was a way you could add to the city loyalty publish. You should really see about letting different guilds run different towns. We build and/or customize a city. That way we can place house throughout the city. We run all the NPC shops in that area with player vendors. If people buy items from the vendors, part of the gold or a point system could go to the town's charter along with the arresting of rioters, putting out the fires, turning in BODs, participating in champ spawns, and city trade. We could use the gold and/or points to add what types of building and/or housing to the town. Imagine the possibilities, city event, player run events, etc......
Just a thought
SOUNDS LIKE FACSHUNS