• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Let's see all your templates!!

G

Aight guys and gals, enoughs time past, enough kicking ideas back and forth... post your templates! *hidden message* I need ideas and don't have the time to test em all out on my own /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

Post your templates here.. lets keep this thread for templates only.. toss up another thread for discussions over em cuz I'm stickying this one!

H

Hannington

I think my Template will be:

100 Bushido (what a suprise)
120 Sword (Because Samurai is Sword for me)
120 Parry
100 Tactics
100 Resist
90 Anatomy
90 Healing

Armor with min. 5 mana regen

In think this CAN work

E

Epic_ignorance

Good template I'm aming for something like it but with gm parry instead

G

Mine is basically the same.....

Swords - 115
Parry - 110
Tactics - 100
Anatomy - 100
Resist - 100
Bushido - 100
Healing - 95

Str 100, int 55, dex 90

I'm also toying with making bushido 95 rather than healing since the highest samurai skill only take 70 bushido.

R

Ravenspyre

100 Anatomy
110 Bushido
40 Focus
90 Healing
110 Parry
110 Magic Resist
110 Swords
50 Tactics

90 str
110 dex
45 int

H

Hector12

Don't forget that's the minimum skill requirement. At that level (70) you'll fail more often than you would like on the three higher bushido specials

L

LowStream

Fencing 120
Anatomy 110
Tactics 110
Parrying 110
Bushido 100
Healing 90
Chivalry 80
Str 100
Dex 100
Int 50

T

T-Vir

Im probably going for this:

120 Swords
100 Parry
100 Heal
100 Anat
100 Resist
100 Bushido
100 Tactics

May have to drop resist for Focus... atleast some of it. I'm gonna do mostly PvM so will have to see if I need a bit of chivalry as well.

D

Dragoon_Forte

I was thinking something like this:

120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Parrying
90 Healing
100 Anatomy
90 Resist
40 Focus
40 Tactics

95 Str/100 Dex/55 Int

I plan on using some MR and LMC armor, but then my resists will probably suck... I hate having such low Focus, but I need to fit Resist and Tactics on there. I pretty much have to choose two out of Focus ,Resist, and Tactics, or choose one and make a split between the other two. Should I just drop Tactics or Resist completely? I have never put Resist on my warriors before (because I never PvP) but I have heard people say its a godsend in PvM as well. And if I drop Tactics I'm afraid my damage output will be too low. Suggestions?

C

ColdCell

120 Swordsmanship (A Samurai is swords to me too!)
120 Parrying (Requires this for defensive moves)
100 Bushido (I would love to take it to 120.. but alas, no skill points)
100 Healing
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics
80 Chilvary (It depends if 100 Bushido is strong or not. Honestly I tested
with 50 Bushido and it sucks so bad. I might drop this for 80
Resist)

100 str
100 dex
50 int (I'm gonna use alot of Bushido moves and special moves)

Currently using No-Dachi with :
100% Physical Damage
35% Mana Leech
30% HP Leech
20% Swing Speed Increase
35% Damage Increase
10% Hit Chance Increase

Any comments for my template/tactic would be appreciated ^^

S

sirAnger

110 swords
100 parry (jewlery to 110 with 23% DI)
100 bushido
100 healing
100 anatomy
100 tactics
90 focus

100 str
100 dex
35 int (anybody want to donate a +20 or +25? ^_^)

It works pretty well for me so far. The lack of resist is a pain when it comes to curses and whatnot, but I've done PVM without resist for a long time now so I'm used to dealing with it.

M

Ms Scarlet

Swords 115
Anat 100
Heal 100
Parry 100
Bushido 100
Resist 100
Focus 100

Stats 90 str, 100 dex, 50 int (225 base with 15 stat scroll)

To all you asking about resist, I have to ask back: Have you ever had resist on a warrior? Because I have never NOT had resist on a warrior and it would be unthinkable to not have it.

So I can only assume those of you questioning the effectiveness of resist simply never had the skill? Thereby you don't know what your missing /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

G

GrimboldGL

Mine is weird and probably not that good, but all I really do is light PvM.

100 Macing
100 Bushido
100 Parry
100 Healing
85 Anatomy
80 Focus
75 Necromancy
75 Spirit Speak

H

Hector12

No resist = death against anyone who knows a thing or two about pvp.

On my pvp characters, I always have a way to test my opponent resist skill. As a mage, I always poison/paralyze first. As a necro-warrior I always pain spike first. Both poison/paralyze and pain spike tell you about the resist skill of your opponents. If I find out he/she has no resist, bloodoath, para expl etc will put a quick end to a fight.

A bad thing about samurai is the inability to exploit the weakness of someone’s resist skill. This makes the character not very well rounded IMHO.

If you don’t have resist, you are doomed against a good mage.

If you have resist and fighting a warrior w/o resist, you can’t take advantage of the fact that he/she has no resist and therefore fighting with effectively 100-120 skills less than he/she does.

G

Looking for advice... I've got an old sword/lumberjack/carp char that now has 200 free skill points after moving LJ and carp to my regular crafter. I was thinking of making her a ninja but the template is just too tight, and since she is swords, was also thinking she might make a better samurai ....

So my main question is, can you just throw bushido onto an existing warrior and be a samurai? Or are their supporting skills that are needed for bushido to be effective?

Also does anyone know how high you need to raise bushido for good success rate? Before I tried chivalry, I'd heard you only need 60, but found that I failed too much, still fail alot at 80 :p Wondering if bushido/ninja are skills that need gm/leg to be effective.

Thanks for any input /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

R

Ravenspyre

The only support skills you need for bushido is a weapon skill, and focus for mana and stamina regeneration.

G

What I've got so far is...
100 swords
100 tactics
100 anat
100 healing
50 resist

so what I was thinking is...
110 swords
110 tactics
110 anat
110 healing
110 resist
110 bushido
60 focus (altho if its mostly for mana regen, would passive med be better?)

Edit: Ravenspyre, in your template, you say you're dropping tact to 50, and I'd just read yesterday that you only need 50 ... That was the first I'd heard of this, do you get the same damage bonus at 50 as 120 tactics?

R

Ravenspyre

I didn't say I got the same damage bonus, just that the difference is negligible in my template. You will notice an increase in damage fighting weak resisted ppl, however, against someone in strong resist suit it's negligible at best, and not as necessarry as it use to be in the old days.

N

Neva Darcan

I'm gonna throw bushido on my paladin once my thief gets it GM'd for her...hehe

Her template now is

GM fencing
GM archery
GM chivalry
GM focus
GM Anatomy
GM healing
GM tactics

I'll be moving archery to a soulstone and trying bushido instead for a bit.

I

imported_Riply

Hi Dragoon, I read your post concerning the ability to add or keep resist and tactics in your players template. Below is going to be my new template I am trying out I use to have poisening at 85 on my player but I am currently storing it in a soul stone for now while I try out the new Bushido skill. I am mulling over the idea of dropping my tactics from 120 to 100 since there's not a whole lot of differance for the 20 points and placing it on the bushido skill and adding 5 more to meditation.

Sword 120
Parry 120
Resist 120 (recently made it to 120 yahoo!)
Tactics 100
Chivarly 80
Meditation 80 perhaps less if I need more skill points
Samurai 100 perhaps higher if needed

For healing I use the Chivarly skill and i get like no gains from Balrons for karma anymore so I heal for like 38 to 39 points and very rarely do I not get a heal off in a couple of seconds. With this I save 200 skill points for other things like resist etc. In order to do this you need mana regen armour,lmc and fc/fcr otherwise you will literally be toast.
My template is differant then most, I would not recommend it for most players but if you can find the right equipment its really a nice set up. I just accomplished a goal I had which was to kill a Balron Paragon solo without peace or pets recently. It took me 20 minutes because they regen health so fast and I did die once but i did kill the thing.
One of the things I like best so far from Samurai skill is that perfection skill where when you keep connecting with the opponnet the damage keeps going up. With concentrate weapon and enemy of one you can do some serious damage using a weapon. I can see where HCI is going to become pretty important with the perfection bonus in samurai skill.
Enjoy!

D

Dra'nath

Resist is good even for pvm. You get poisoned much less so your bandy heals are more effective. You harder to para, so running through dense magic casting spawn is less dangerous, and you less likely to be frozen just as you need to run for a heal with something nasty bearing down on you. You will be cursed for less. You will be mana drained for less. On top of that you get a floor under your elemental resists. At 120 resist this is 44. Kinda handy for when you just ressed and haven't got your armour on. Also handy for wearing high luck suits with cruddy resists.

And it's a must for pvp pretty much.

E

ElevenUO

How viable is this? mainly for PvM...dunno if a Samurai template like this could hold up in PvP.

100 Bushido
100 Swords
100 Anat
100 Healing
100 Parry
80 Resist
75 Tactics
65 Focus

or some combo on those last 3 to keep damage, resist and focus balanced somewhat.

J

Justferfun

Currently

110.6 Archery (115 cap)
100 Focus
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
80 Chivalry
80.6 Bushido

Str 100
Dex 80
Int 45

The final product will hopefully run the tune of

120 Archery
100 Bushido
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
100 Focus
85 Chivalry (currently 705 Cap)

str 100
dex 100
int 50

C

Chief X

I intend this to be a PvP Samurai template so it will most likely undergo some later adjustment but it seems the best in theory to me at this point in time.

For 710 skill cap:
120 Parry
120 Swords
100 Bushido
100 Resisting Spells
100 Anatomy
90 Healing
80 tactics

R

ralphEUR

120 Fencing
110 parry
100 bushido
100 tactics
100 anatomy
100 resist
90 healing

Character is also scrolled to 120 macing (from the good old days of 250k legendary macing scrolls) so might go back to macing.
My only concern with this template is having no form of stamina regen aside from the Bushido skills.... are they likely to be enough or am i gonna have to carry a keg of TR around with me?

C

ColdCell

120 Swordsmanship
120 Bushido
120 Parrying
100 Healing
100 Anatomy
100 Resisting Spell
60 Tactics

With this template, will I do enough damage to PvP with only 60 tactics?

G

Think this would work for a PvM Salami? (as my friend calls a Samurai/Paladin hybrid)

Fencing 110
Anatomy 110
Tactics 110
Parrying 110
Healing 100
Bushido 100
Chivalry 80

My equipment gives me the resists and (I hope) mana regeneration I need. Combining Chivalry and Bushido should give very high PvM damage, no?

P

Paco

120 Swordsmanship
120 Tactics
120 Parrying
100 Anatomy
100 Healing
70 Bushido
70 Chivalry
20 Focus

I will actually have 80 Bushido and 90 real healing using a healing ring with +12 on it for a total of 102 healing. Not sure how good it will work but i can always revert back to a full paladin parry warrior.

D

Dragoon_Forte

Thanks for the advice riply, but I realy can't afford high resist Mana Regen and LMC armor.

Plus, I'm one of those people who hates to rely on specific armor to do any good. I just feel more versatile if I can use any armor or sword I pick up.

Sorry for the OT post Chovexani.

R

ralphEUR

yup you'll do massive amounts of damage - just expect to be using remove curse LOTS /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

M

Miphisto

as a pvp mage, I will be mana vamping and mana draining every warrior I meet, if they has no magic resist, they are ****ed beond belief

my mage template

110 mage
110 eval
100 medi
100 resist
100 swords
100 parry
100 bushido

will be taking bushido for the sole purpose of evasion and confiedence, will be a pancake to kill /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

B

Bulldog

Convert

I have

110 fencing
110 tacs
105 chiv
100 magery
100 anat
100 focus
95 heal

This character was used for Doom PVM but ive not played with him for a good while. Im thinking of turning him into a Bushido character for use in PVP.

I play Siege so it takes a while to work any skill past 70 but i could do any gm including resist in about 2 weeks. I want an effective char thats not going to take 3 months to remake.

Any ideas?

Bulldog

G

I havn't finalised my temp yet, though I've done some calculations on bushido/parry for the blocking chance:

Bushido 100, Parry 100, 2 handed wpn gives 24% block
Bushido 120, Parry 120, 2 handed wpn gives 40% block
Bushido 101, parry 100, 2 handed wpn gives 29% block
I'm assuming that they round down.

So, 1 point above GM in bushido (or parry for that matter) gives an extra 5% chance to block whereas 40 points (120/120) only gives an extra 16% chance to block, a further 11%. In my tight template I can't afford to spend 39 points to block 1 in 10 attacks.

Also, taking only the chance of blocking in account, it's better to have 110/110 in bushido & parry than 120/100, not to mention a lot easier to train:

Bushido 120, Parry 100, 2 handed weapon gives 30% block
Bushido 110, Parry 110, 2 handed weapon gives 34% block

Food for thought...

C

CitizenKane2

<blockquote>I havn't finalised my temp yet, though I've done some calculations on bushido/parry for the blocking chance:

Bushido 100, Parry 100, 2 handed wpn gives 24% block
Bushido 120, Parry 120, 2 handed wpn gives 40% block
Bushido 101, parry 100, 2 handed wpn gives 29% block
I'm assuming that they round down.

So, 1 point above GM in bushido (or parry for that matter) gives an extra 5% chance to block whereas 40 points (120/120) only gives an extra 16% chance to block, a further 11%. In my tight template I can't afford to spend 39 points to block 1 in 10 attacks.

Also, taking only the chance of blocking in account, it's better to have 110/110 in bushido &amp; parry than 120/100, not to mention a lot easier to train:

Bushido 120, Parry 100, 2 handed weapon gives 30% block
Bushido 110, Parry 110, 2 handed weapon gives 34% block </blockquote>

Ajgarnett, thanks for the useful information.

Can I ask where you got your information from ?

Also, what would be the blocking chance (with 2 handed weapon) for 101 bushido and 101 parry ?

Would the 5% bonus chance also be added for a skill level of 100.1 bushido / 100.1 parry ?

H

Hexxes

ok...
120 Magery (using staff of the magi for melee skill too)
115 eval
120 parry
100 tactics
100 anatomy
80 magic resist
65 bushido
20 focus

100 str
70 int
80 dex

The staff has a +50 damage bonus on it, and with 100 tactics and anatomy it'll hit for about 49-50 damage (before any damage increase arties or jewels come into play). The swing delay is SLOW, so it's mainly gona be used in conjuction with combo's or counterstrikes.
The main concern seems to be mana. Mages can blow through mana and the template is still crowded, so Mana Regen items and LMC will have to outweigh high resists.

G

CitizenKane2, the info in my post came from a thread in this forum: Bushido/Parry, what the developer said. This is it:

This is what Wilki (EA) said:

If the player is using a shield:
Their chance to successfully parry is found using the existing calculation. However, instead of using a straight query of the Parry skill, the value (Parry – Bushido) is used. The modified Parry value is never negative.

If the player is using a 1-handed weapon without a shield, then they use the following parry formula: (all skills in the calculations should be without the decimal place, i.e. GM is 1000, 67.2 is 672, etc.)

New % Chance to Block = Parry * Bushido / 48,000
a bonus of 5% is added if Parry –or- Bushido is over 100.0 skill

Legacy % Chance to Block = Parry / 80
a bonus of 5% is added if Parry is over 100.0 skill

Use whichever chance is higher of the above 2 calculations.

If the player is using a 2-handed weapon, they use the above formulas for a 1-handed weapon except the value 48,000 is replaced with 41,140.

As RavenSpyre said, the chance of blocking with 101/101 is 29% with 2h weap. It'd be a waste of 1 point to have both bushido and parry at 101, only 1 of them needs to be over 100 to get the 5% bonus. I'd put bushido (not parry) at 101 to get slightly better success at samuri moves.

As far as the 5% bonus being added at 100.1, I guess the answer is yes because: "a bonus of 5% is added if Parry –or- Bushido is over 100.0 skill".

L

LadyJasmin

My template is:

120 healing
115 fencing (will become 120 if I gather enough money)
115 parry (will become 120 if I gather enough money)
100 tactics
100 anatomy
100 bushido (thinking about raising it to 120, too)
70 chivalry (recall, remove curse, cure, EoO, cons wep)

Im using a 25 SSI, 40 mana leech, 25 DI, UBWS long spear and a 30 ssi, 47 di short spear in combat as well as a 30 ssi, 18 di, ubws bokuto (switch to it to use pots, I don't like using this bugged nerve strike)

I tried to calculate my parrychances with a 2h wep and I got about 33% or something. Is this right (don't know the exact value at the moment)

S

Shifty McSwift

100 Fence
100 Tact
100 Heal
100 Anat
100 Bushido
100 Parry
100 Poison

Now I know I can't do any honor fighting with poison. But with a quick infectious strike before whipping out the Lajatang. I know without resist I'll be stuck with pvm and that I will need alot of mana regene on my armor. Comments?

L

LadyMary

Anatomy 100.0 100.0
Parrying 100.0 100.0
Swordsmanship 100.0 100.0 gonna be 120
Tactics 100.0 100.0
Focus 95.2 95.2
Bushido 87.8 87.8
Healing 80.3 80.3
Str 100 100
Dex 100 100
Int 25 25

A work in progress still not done with her

W

wolva

120 parry
120 fence
120 bushido
100 heal
80 focus
65 chiv
115 anat

W

willhelm

right this will be me

100 swords
100 tac
100 anat
90 healing
100 bush
100 parry
100 focus

with the last 10 for a ps if i get one

and 100 str 25 int 100 dex

G

Ok, I bumped into a guy I used to game with waaaay back when (5 or 6 years ago) and he was having a blast playing as a Paladin Archer. I watched him a while and I liked the idea of having both melee and a ranged attack. So here's what I'm thinking...

110 Bushido
110 Swords
110 Parry
100 Anatomy
100 Archery
90 Healing
40 Focus
60 Chivalry

I'd just be dropping GM Resist for GM Archery. I know this is a bit cramped - but it seems do-able since I'd be using this character for PvM ONLY. Any thoughts or suggestions? I'd really like some feedback.

*Sigh* I sure will miss Resist though.

B

BlackPhoenix

120 macing
110 bushido
110 parry
100 resist
100 anatomy
50 tactics
40 focus
90 Healing

B

Broken Blade

Here's my idea for my Samuri. How do you think I can improve it?

101 Bushido
100 Swords
80 Healing
100 Anatomy
80 Tactics
100 Resist
100 Parry
59 Focus

(720 skill cap)

A

AmandaRekonwith

59 Focus? One more point gets your character another +1 mana regen AND another +1 dex regen. Drop Resisting Spells to 99. There's no bonus for GM in that skill, as far as I know.

I

imported_lycj

Current Skill
100 Tact
110 Swords
110 Parry
100 Bushido
100 Necro
100 SS
100 meditation

Planned Skill
100 Tact
120 Swords
120 Parry
120 Bushido
100 Necro
100 SS
rest meditation

120 Str 80 Dex 51 Int

How to heal myself?
With Vampiric embrace mode and Curse weapon (5 mana) I believe I leech 120% hp i deal. I get full heal when i sucess Whirlwind a couple targets =D
Spirit speak can heal around 30 hp.

Vampiric embrace -25 fire resistance?
I spent 2 mil for armors, now 70,70,60,68,70

No Cure?
Vampire immue to poison below lethal... as for lethal poison... I cant handle it... cure potions... perhaps~

No magicresist?
I hope I can find more mana regen armor so i can lower meditation for resist...
Too bad I am poisitive karma currently... cant summon wisp for mana

What can I handle?
Dragons and Blood eles, Paragon Daemons currently.
I expect I can fight bigger monster.

J

Jopl

Well, since im playing for only 3 weeks, im still not shure what template ill made, but for now im going for something like this:

Bushido
Swordsmanship
Tactics
Healing
Anatomy
Focus
Parrying

but one thing i don't know, how much i need resisting spells, because i read that samurais are anti-mages, so do i must have resist for PVM or is not that necessary?

O

OlosilMorben

my pvm fighter:

Stats:
Str 94 (with items: 102)
dex 120 (w.i.: 132stam)
Int 36 (w.i.: 60mana)

Skillcap: 710

Swords 115
Anatomy 100
Healing 95
Bushido 100
Necro 105
Spirit 110
Chivalry 85

Anatomy + Healing: x-heal, backup heal, cure

Bushido: Lightning Strike, Momentum Strike, Perfection Dmg and "luck" bonus

Necro: wraith form (manaleech), curse weapon (50% life leech), wither, ...

chivalry: enemy of one dmg bonus and divine fury (nice stam refresh)

Maybe i try this version (solofighter, no x-heal):

Swords 115
Bushido 100
Parry 100
Tactics 100
Necro 105
Spirit 110
Chivalry 80

A

AncientGeek

I'm currently experimenting with this in PvP.

Fencing 115
healing 95
anat 100
Bushido 110
parry 100
Poisoning 85
Tactics 50
Focus 50

It's difficult to honor anything in large scale PvP anyway, so I'm not worried about not being able to do that with poison. I'm well aware of the drawbacks of no MR, but it's not as big of a deal if you aren't dualing. In the chaos of war you can compensate for it--and evasion helps too. The idea is overwhelming offense and a solid defense. I have reasonable regen for stamina and mana on my armor but not enough stamina regen to sustain 1 sec swings for long, but you can't have everything.