• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Let's put an end to bots/gold sellers and scripters

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of people miss these days, but when you think hard about it, they worked against scripters, They would need many accounts to farm the money needed to supply their demand. Thats a lot of money to UO. With loot drops they can't even insure their bots get all that day's work of gold collecting back to the customer base.

With non-static respawns, bots would be slowed down in collecting, have to travel to farm, and increase chances of running into PKers, which means they would need more accounts to collect and in return cost more money. If they had speedy customer support they would need many, many accounts to keep up with demand and whos to say they don't get killed and looted for the money they are trying to send as well. Just more profit loss for those poor gold sellers.

I would suggest however, guards be weakened to a point where you could kill them if this ever happened.

Let's put it this way.. The developers have the resources, they need to take a chance, they can change the game mechanics, at anytime. We need to be given the ability to fight these kind of odds in UO, if the GM's won't.

The only problem with my theory is that the majority of people selling gold in mmos dont farm it, they dupe it, although it may come from bots farming gold as well.

Seige Perilous is an example of a good economy in UO, the mechanics allow players to fight back against greifers, scripters, spammers, people you hate, bots, and duping does not exist..

I just don't see any other option besides punkbuster, which won't happen anytime soon, besides that, UO is f'ed, unless the game mechanics change back to its sandbox roots.. :)

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just don't see any other option besides punkbuster, )

I do. Ive known of the solution for quite a while. EA knows it as well. They wont implement it. Scripters can be obliterated in a day. Wont happen.