• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Let's Have Dinner

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Hello all, wanted to post and get some ideas on a good day to schedule our DNM & .BB. Dinner in New Haven, this time it will be totally sponsored By DNM and .BB. guilds, and will be totally a nuetral zone in New Haven that night or as best we can make it that way......we would like to aim for a date that would be good for everyone, we are seeing more and more new players show up in Catskills and lets all give them a nice Greeting in New haven and let the many guilds we have here in Catskills greet them. Sure hope to hear from you all...

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
If I can make it, I will do so. If you run short on hands to help, contact Alira in-character and I'm sure she would 'lend' one of her assistants temporarily to help serve food and wine.
Between RL and rp stuff my availability can vary quite a bit, but I will do my best to help or attend..

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Yes I would like it soon in Sept but I don't want to interfere with any other event,,,,,Sundays are a lot of guilds guild meetings including ours , which I could work around those Mondays seem to be takenand Thursdays are Tavern nights. Tuesday was my day I had tried to stick to but would a weekend evening be better? Alira thank you very much we would welcome any help serving we can get , folks seem to EAT ALOT and DRINK a lot, .BB. guild has been very good at supplin our Alcoholic Beverages and we have a Carpenter in DNM that has been kind enough to supply tables and benches ...I try to bake cookies and cakes and we seem to get plenty of meats and other foods. Last dinner we had a contest for the largest beast we chose cougar and the heaviest permit won a million gold, Probably we will continue some sort of contest. possibly soon we should think about having the food imported in from one of the larger cities , and ou friends the pirates seem to always show up from .BB. guild and make the evening quite entertaining. Sept 6, 13, and 20 are the first three Tuesdays if any of those seems to be better pleas let me know. However the 6th will be my birthday so if we chose that day it might turn out to be a GRAND night and I might end up drunk and tossing things back at the pirates lol

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Okay, so tavern nights will rotate. No set day... its what the host decides. Can be Monday, Tuesday etc. September's tavern nights haven't been posted yet. Every Wednesday Bytor has his net toss at 7:30pm est, but if you push an event back to 8:30 that day it is usually pretty safe.

Looks like your top choices are 6,13,20... chose whatever is best for your support staff and finalize it before tavern nights come out as it may help avoid an overlapping event. I currently don't see an em event scheduled for any of those days.

Just pick a day, host the event and do the best you can. There will be times when not many show... don't get disheartened. Just put on the best you can and enjoy whatever happens. Sometimes overlapping events can't be helped, but in my experience if there is a firm date that people can see... most will do their best to avoid scheduling it over the same time/day

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed, some times your event will not draw many due to things that pop up in RL for some. And as Alira said above, do not lose heart, just keep planning and working on things. Shout if you need a hand.

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Honestly have had a great time with this, and we may not be a true role playing guild but it is a nice thought for new players to see this an feel warmth and history from our shard, from others besides just us.....and we try to stay as much into it as we possible know how or can . Thanks for the offer for help (which we my take you up on) and thanks for the encouragement . I haven't got discouraged in doing this yet , I rather enjoy it actually. Let me discuss this tomorrow with the others and I will get back with more details

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe all of us in this game are RPers of one sort or another. We all play our characters within a fantasy world, and I doubt any of us are much like the characters we put forth in game. I have always enjoyed watching the many ways we all bring to this game.

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Being a New Haven Event the thought that new comers could see all of the possibilities Catskills has to offer.....and to make those here have the chance to show off their life styles for the encouragement of others interested....I have visited Other servers I even sometimes play on other servers but Catskills is my home, I was born here, and I love here.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would recommend just choosing a date now, September is pretty open so far, except the Monday EM events.

I was going to post the tavern night rotation schedule for September in the next day or so, and if you've chosen your day for this, I'll make sure there's no conflict. Also, and this is just a suggestion, if you wanted to claim a particular week's tavern night rotation and incorporate it into your event as well, you're more than welcome to. The rotation is just meant to ensure there is at least one gathering a week, but can also be part of larger events, I know we've had it incorporated into story telling nights and other things in the past.

If you wanted to discuss this further, feel free to ICQ me at #6082388 or message me here.

Jaden Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Time is set and Date ......Sept 13, 2016, in Catskills .... Dinner at New Haven Square 7pm est. ,
Dinner followed by a visit to the Dark Fathers at Gauntlet. New post will added to Catskills boards once exact time of hunt is determined