• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Let's discuss the RoC for a minute...

Hail Satan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How would you interpret this section of the Stratics Forums RoC? Moderators included.

H. Posting details of bugs and exploits in such a way that others are able to perform said bug or exploit is prohibited. In addition, documented involvement in activities that prove to be malicious and/or illegal in nature as it concerns the gaming industry as a whole will lead to immediate and permanent banning from the forums.
In my opinion, it means that we can post and accuse people of exploitation unless we are directing, or otherwise giving insight to how the said exploit is being done.

Just been having a ModBattle over this issue and it's getting on my nerves.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How would you interpret this section of the Stratics Forums RoC? Moderators included.

H. Posting details of bugs and exploits in such a way that others are able to perform said bug or exploit is prohibited. In addition, documented involvement in activities that prove to be malicious and/or illegal in nature as it concerns the gaming industry as a whole will lead to immediate and permanent banning from the forums.
In my opinion, it means that we can post and accuse people of exploitation unless we are directing, or otherwise giving insight to how the said exploit is being done.

Accusing people falls under the bolded section. Many forums here do not tolerate accusations.

If they do not want it discussed then they do not want it discussed. So live with it. Nothing you can do.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Exactly. Just as you were told, take it up with EA, and leave it off these forums. That is the rule, and no interpretation you make of it can make it any less understandable.

A

AlderonDark

When you register you say yes to the RoC. And even if you encounter something the RoC doesn't cover, the moderators have a final say in the matter. Forums are not a democracy, we are all guests here.

K

Kiminality

When you register you say yes to the RoC. And even if you encounter something the RoC doesn't cover, the moderators have a final say in the matter. Forums are not a democracy, we are all guests here.
And none of you bring booze :<

T

Tazar

The rule you quoted means exactly what it says. You can not post details of bugs or exploits in any way that might let or even encourage other forum members to try to duplicate it.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with personal attacks on other forum members. That's covered here:

C. Personal attacks are prohibited.This specifically means any text/post that is blatantly attacking another person on or off the forum, especially in a personal way.

Making an accusation against another forum member is an attack on that member (please note that guilds count as well) and is not allowed. Why? Because it can never be proven. There is no direct link between Stratics Accounts and UO accounts to prove association. There is no unique naming rule in-game to identify the right character from. Pics are easily edited. etc.

The mods are doing their jobs.