• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Let us never forget

• Thread starter Deadly Shadow
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I arrived at work this morning and was greeted with breakfast. Some people in town wanted to honor those rescuers who died doing their jobs that day 7 years ago 9/11, and so they brought us breakfast to show us that we are appreciated. As most of you know, I'm a Paramedic, and the question I have been asked a lot today is what if that happened here, would you have died too? The answer is, of course I would have. The paramedics, the fire fighters, the police officers who all rushed in to help were doing what they loved to do, and they were doing their jobs. I have always felt more deeply for those who didn't get caught up in that sick twisted plan, but rushed inside of their own free will to help others and lost their lives as well.

So if you see an ambulance go by today, or a fire truck or police car, wave at them, because all of us are still feeling the effects of our lost brethren, and we all know it could happen to any of us at any time.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"We Are All Americans." - Jean-Marie Colombani, Le Monde, Paris, France, Sept. 12, 2001.

As a part of a neighbouring country, watching from next door so to speak, I remember the awe I felt in the days that followed of the whole world (well 99% of it) rallying together as one. There was such a unity of sympathy - not just the amazing speaches from allies, but strongly worded empathy from Russia, Iran, everywhere. People from 80 different countries died in the attack, dramaticly driving home how small a world we now live in. For a brief time that autumn, despite the pain, despite the loss, it really looked like the tragedy was going to turn into the defining moment that started a new and better era in the world.

Alas.

S

Sorna

What a lovely way to memorialize 9/11. Thank you for the thumbnail. The enlarged picture is much easier to see.