• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Event Let us celebrate Britannia! (Friday 18th, Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th at 8pm)

EM Emile Layne

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Friday 18th, Saturday 19th and Sunday the 20th of January 2013, at various locations.

King Blackthorn Proclaimed: A Kingdom is not unified in a meeting room, but in a dining room. Let us celebrate Britannia!

Nothing brings people together like celebrations and some friendly competitions. Join us for a short series of games this weekend!

Friday 18th 8pm: Opening ceremonies at Castle Blackthorn and a PvM Competition.
Saturday 19th 8pm: PvP Tournament at the arena in Ocllo.
Sunday 20th 8pm: A marathon followed by the closing ceremonies.

More details will follow.

Multi Dwagon

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would really like to know what kind of rules you are going to have on the tournament.

EM Emile Layne

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The PvP Tournament will follow the default arena rules with the following changes:

3 pet slots
No mounts / No Flying
No summons

The time limit for each duel will depend on the number of participants, but I'm aiming for 5 minutes.

Multi Dwagon

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I highly suggest not to allow ANY pet slots. Plus fields should be disabled. Ive took part at quite some pvp tournaments and won a lot, thus Id say I know enough about rules and how they should be:

All items allowed for suits
Inscribe allowed
No Forms
No Mana Vampire/Magic Reflect/Protection
No Spellweaving
No Fields
No Summons/Pets
No Healstones/Spell Triggers
No Omen bugging

Thats like as fair as you can get. Yet disarm/dp/ds spamming dexxers will pretty much own everything as the enemy mage/dexxer cant really run away. Yet you can simply choose a wrestle or parry mage to fight against that.

Last edited:

0o0o

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How can you allow pets? At what point in the history of UO has a real pvp tourney ever allowed pets? I can half understand allowing dexxers because 80% of the seven people who still play on europa are too aweful to play mages - but pets!

All this does is put off the few people who might have actually entered otherwise. Stupidity.

The PvP Tournament will follow the default arena rules with the following changes:

3 pet slots
No mounts / No Flying
No summons

The time limit for each duel will depend on the number of participants, but I'm aiming for 5 minutes.

0o0o

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems this one is geared towards tamers and deathstrike noxxers - presumably because the organiser is a role player. Lets face it, if you want to fight pets you might as well go pvm. If you want proper pvp at this thing - get the rules right!

0o0o

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey this sounds great and peeps be GLAD about it they host a PvP tiurney come on !!!!
Look I don't mean to disparage the attempt at holding an event. It's just if they want it to mean anything then it has to have an element of competition. Fighting someone's mare isn't real pvp...

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
But thats only your opinion right? ;)
Why has a Tamer to be excluded from PvP? Its a template i see alot with REDS playing it to make a mess at PvP.
I think what you mean is, have a PvP tourney BUT make Groups - the Meele, the Spellcasters, the Tamers right?
greets

0o0o

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But thats only your opinion right? ;)
Why has a Tamer to be excluded from PvP? Its a template i see alot with REDS playing it to make a mess at PvP.
I think what you mean is, have a PvP tourney BUT make Groups - the Meele, the Spellcasters, the Tamers right?
greets
No, that's not what I mean at all.

What would be the point in having a 'Tamers' round - you might as well go to destard and bard some dragons on to one another for all the entertainment that would bring.

There is significant difference between a tournament and open field where any noob template goes. A tournament is meant to be a test of skill not pvm.

So people may play tamers in pvp but you're missing two key points:

1) People who use this kind of template instantly indicate that they are incapable of playing pvp. There is no skill in uttering the words "all kill". These people rank somewhere on the scale of parasitic templates just a notch below poisoners. - poisoning naturally being the noob's skill of choice.
2) There is a vast gulf between fighting a tamer's pet in the open field to fighting one in the confines of an arena. Tamers have never been a part of any pvp tournament I've ever seen.

The fact we're even discussing whether tamers should be in a pvp tournament pretty much sums up the state of affairs in uo these days...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have expressed your opinion on this topic, can we please leave it at that? Further argument is not needed. The decision on the rules is the EM's.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
While i understand your Points i feel its not necessary to Insult Players to be "noobs" because they Chose to use their Playstyle they like - even in PvP.
And your last line isnt necessary too - its totaly off-Topic...
greets

Last edited:

Multi Dwagon

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we please let it be Player vs Player, and not make it into Players vs Monster.

The purpose of dueling in a arena is mainly to prove your fighting skills 1 vs 1, not to show who got the best tamed pet, which would do all the damage, mainly you, the tamer, would just focus to stay alive or maybe focus on two offensive spells.
If it was a field fight, then all templates would be allowed, even tamers, but when it comes to dueling, the pvp community has some hidden rules, which is there for a reason, please respect the pvpers and don't drag any pet into the arena. I really do like the idea of making a event in the arena, but please listen to the pvpers, and what they have to say about dueling.

Best regards,
MD.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EM Emile Layne did come and ask peoples opinions about this yesterday in game, i was there and i gave my feed back on what rules i think should happen , he is limited to what the arena stone can offer, i asked for , No summons, no pets , no fields, and allow everything else with a 5 min timer.

Like Eypc has pointed out tamers will rule this in the right hands.

Stone form in pro cleansing winds + heal stone with a pet ftl.

looking forward to it anyway !!

EM Emile Layne

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Calm down guys ;)

The main goal of this tournament is to get together and have some fun. Let's not forget about that. There won't be any prizes either, other than the recognition, so again it's all for the fun of it.

About the rules; I decided on this very limited set of rules mainly cause I want the tournament to be open to as many people as possible. Casters, dexxers and yes, even tamers. I have no bias for or against any class. And in the end there's no way I can make this tournament 100% balanced for every conceivable combination of skills. That's just the way this game works.
If it turns out these rules highly favour one particular template, then next time we can do things differently.

Multi Dwagon

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulation to the winner: a dread mare.

Na kidding. I was surprised that so many people actually took part - probably due to the fact that you were ALLOWED to use pets. Most people would have said: oh, I dont have a chance anyway, so I better not take part at all...Due to the pets, chances were made. So that was actually a good thing.

The idea has been great, the implementation needs improvements.

Thus I offer my help to improve the rule settings, sharing thoughts and ideas about the whole implementation. Lot of ideas come to my mind such as 2on2 tournys, dexxer only, mage only, etc. You could even do this like once a month...The main idea behind this should be to make pvp more interested to those who dont know it yet/dislike it due to not feeling able to compete.

I took part at quite some player-made pvp tournaments on my mage Epyc and won everyone except the one yestarday (aww!). I dont wanna brag, simply want to show that I think I have the knowledge to make this run smoothly.

Anyway, thanks to EM Emile Layne!

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulation to the winner: a dread mare.
Gandalf/INFERNO:
1st thing, I would like to thank the EMs for bringing such a nice open pvp event to the game :)

Concerning Epic:
  1. I think ur template was much over powered than mine (desarm, archer running with 210stamina swinging at 1.25), u just didnt know how to do it ;)
  2. Talking about pet slots, i could see clearly u had a fully trained vollem and set it on all kill
  3. You should have played it smarter rather than running in circles and trying to keep urself alive. u should have taken an offensive position instead.
  4. I enjoyed killing you, u just couldn't off screen this time thats what made ME a winner :)

Well played everyone!
(i was forced by arctic monkey to do the final round.)

i wouldnt recommend tamers for next pvp events, but that wont solve any of the over powered (gimpy) templates problems:
im sure everyone agrees disarm/archer swinging at max shouldnt belong to this tournament aswell.

id recommend old school pure scribe mages with nothing but skills, that will make it easier to everyone to participate

Thank you :)

Forces_Libanaises_Flag.jpg

Multi Dwagon

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear random guy I dont know:
I dont want this to become a pvp-****talk thread.
Thus stop behaving like that. Cheers