• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Let us buy resources for VvV points please

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Ya I know, waste of time suggesting any form of change or addition to Siege but still...

This isn't really my idea as a certain other game allows you to do this as a use for PvP points if you have nothing else to do with them or as an alternative for people who prefer PvP to grinding.

It would be useful if could buy resources such as special imbue ingredients and essences for VvV points, particularly things like seeds of renewal and other things that are very time consuming(and sometimes next to impossible) to get, even if the price is like 5k+ VvV points for 10, it can take tons of these to imbue a suit and as losing suits is easy this gives a constant ongoing reason for people to do VvV.
This wouldn't really effect their regular sell price, not that anyone sells them much.

We don't get the VvV artifacts and not everyone is really into house decorations

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't mind if they allowed that...this actually would give me a reason to join VvV as a red...

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... particularly things like seeds of renewal and other things that are very time consuming(and sometimes next to impossible) to get ...
I've got 85 Seeds of Renewal I can toss on a vendor at the 10k each going rate.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya I know, waste of time suggesting any form of change or addition to Siege but still...

This isn't really my idea as a certain other game allows you to do this as a use for PvP points if you have nothing else to do with them or as an alternative for people who prefer PvP to grinding.

It would be useful if could buy resources such as special imbue ingredients and essences for VvV points, particularly things like seeds of renewal and other things that are very time consuming(and sometimes next to impossible) to get, even if the price is like 5k+ VvV points for 10, it can take tons of these to imbue a suit and as losing suits is easy this gives a constant ongoing reason for people to do VvV.
This wouldn't really effect their regular sell price, not that anyone sells them much.

We don't get the VvV artifacts and not everyone is really into house decorations
Correct me please if I"m wrong, but didn't you just hammer Siege in another thread ?

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Correct me please if I"m wrong, but didn't you just hammer Siege in another thread ?
I was hammering the idea that Siege is the home of skilled PvP and PvPers from production shards don't have the skills to compete so are scared to go there, which was the subject of the thread, apart from anything else I think painting Siege as a "pvpers only shard" isn't helpful, this gives the impression that playing on Siege is just like going to Fel on prodo and everyone they meet will try to kill and loot them.

Seige could do with some updating considering how gear based the game is now, that's all, I understand why we didn't get the VvV artifacts, but I think it would kill 2 birds with one stone to offer imbue resources for VvV points, this helps the gearing thing and also gives an incentive to do VvV

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody painted Siege as a PvP only shard, nobody ever has, quit making things up.

In regards to VvV points, why in world should you be able to take a PvP system and transfer points into crafting? It's bad enough that you can collect silver, buy a 10.0 SoT and turn it in for 10K worth of trade in points...la

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Nobody said transfer points into crafting, quit making things up.

A crimson cincture requires grinding a certain mob, Daemon claws require grinding a certain mob, seeds of renewal require grinding certain mobs or a ton of raised garden beds, pretty sure none of these can be crafted.

Its bad enough you can collect gold and buy things, its bad enough you can collect champ skulls or treasure maps and turn those in for clean up points, its bad enough you can exchange time put in for gains of any kind, damn this MMORPG concept.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... requires grinding a certain mob ...
Doing that grinding, ah..., gathering ... is what I get into WhiteWitch, post a list of resources you want available and I'll see if I'm able to gather them.

Get my hide out from in front of that cozy fireplace. :)

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nobody painted Siege as a PvP only shard, nobody ever has, quit making things up.

In regards to VvV points, why in world should you be able to take a PvP system and transfer points into crafting? It's bad enough that you can collect silver, buy a 10.0 SoT and turn it in for 10K worth of trade in points...la
how much time is invested in getting 10k of silver to get the 10 point sot that is only usable by the person claimin it? so not worth it, and 10k turn in points doesnt amount to jack ****.

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Doing that grinding, ah..., gathering ... is what I get into WhiteWitch, post a list of resources you want available and I'll see if I'm able to gather them.

Get my hide out from in front of that cozy fireplace. :)
Im not actually that low on them as I did recently camp the fire daemon 2 days running to get claws, then had a thrilling time wandering in that odd ter mur blue demon place in order to get ambushed by those spiders you get the carapace things from, then camped raptors for those teeth, its a full life I lead, I could always do with seeds of renewal though, chuck em on a vendor, Ill check the search daily for them, thanks :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nobody said transfer points into crafting, quit making things up.

A crimson cincture requires grinding a certain mob, Daemon claws require grinding a certain mob, seeds of renewal require grinding certain mobs or a ton of raised garden beds, pretty sure none of these can be crafted.

Its bad enough you can collect gold and buy things, its bad enough you can collect champ skulls or treasure maps and turn those in for clean up points, its bad enough you can exchange time put in for gains of any kind, damn this MMORPG concept.

Nothing worse than grinding those raised beds! But mine do make 230-250 seeds per cycle on average. It is very time consuming on harvest day to work that many raised beds! Just because no one is saying that is what it is does not mean that it isn't what it would be :) You do PvP for PvP things, you do craft things for craft things, you do 100 raised beds because you are sick in the head!

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Nothing worse than grinding those raised beds! But mine do make 230-250 seeds per cycle on average. It is very time consuming on harvest day to work that many raised beds! Just because no one is saying that is what it is does not mean that it isn't what it would be :) You do PvP for PvP things, you do craft things for craft things, you do 100 raised beds because you are sick in the head!
Last I checked, killing fire daemons or trapdoor spiders or x amount of a mini spawn in the abyss wasn't a thing that my crafter could accomplish very easily, tailoring and blacksmithing didn't give me the edge there really, what PvP things do we get for PvP in VvV on Siege right now?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What does PvP have to do with fire daemons and spiders? That falls more under PvM resource farming :)

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW I do farm claws and carapaces with my crafter, it only takes 4 soul stones to become a legendary tamer with GD ;) 6 stones if you want to add hide and stealth.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Let us buy resources for VvV points please
I think it depend of the kind of resources. Maybe some imbuing resources, needed to imbue a good suit. It should still be faster to get them from the spawn but it could give some more PvP actions in the battle towns.
Maybe not for points but for Silver.

What does PvP have to do with fire daemons and spiders? That falls more under PvM resource farming :)
That's not where you get Silver now, it comes from actions in VvV battle towns.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gotta have a healthy balance between crafters supplying and non crafters buying. With the low population that is a true feat to accomplish. And I know silver does not come from critters now days, I believe are talking about Daemon Claws and Spider Carpaces which are not that difficult to farm, time consuming but not difficult. I would agree the drop rate for the resources could be a lot faster but not so fast they take no effort to get. Lets face it there ain't a lot of risk atm farming any resource on Siege.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BTW I also agree VV should have better for those that participate in it, just can't go with it being resources.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
VvV was not designed with Siege in mind, in my humble opinion... well maybe not so humble, but still. *winks*

I appreciate the hell out of @Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak for understanding that vending machine artifacts do not belong on Siege. Thank you.

Siege does have a good time when we do the VvV merry go round on Sundays. It has brought some of us back to group PvP, and introduced others to PvP for the first time. (Yes Delorus, stealing sigils in the hot zone counts as PvP)

I have only collected about 25% of the deco, I do plan on getting the rest. I saw something shiny and got distracted.

I ask you to consider what any requests for VvV changes might mean for Siege. Every easy button we add diminishes what we have here. If you want all the easy go play there. Slow shards, medium shards, mighty Atlantic... Go play there. If ya want. All of them have insurance, artifact vending machines, everything you could ever want from a game. Seven characters per account. Easy is out there. Log in, have yer way and log out.

Be careful what you ask for.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
VvV was not designed with Siege in mind, in my humble opinion... well maybe not so humble, but still. *winks*

I appreciate the hell out of @Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak for understanding that vending machine artifacts do not belong on Siege. Thank you.

Siege does have a good time when we do the VvV merry go round on Sundays. It has brought some of us back to group PvP, and introduced others to PvP for the first time. (Yes Delorus, stealing sigils in the hot zone counts as PvP)

I have only collected about 25% of the deco, I do plan on getting the rest. I saw something shiny and got distracted.

I ask you to consider what any requests for VvV changes might mean for Siege. Every easy button we add diminishes what we have here. If you want all the easy go play there. Slow shards, medium shards, mighty Atlantic... Go play there. If ya want. All of them have insurance, artifact vending machines, everything you could ever want from a game. Seven characters per account. Easy is out there. Log in, have yer way and log out.

Be careful what you ask for.
The only reason that sunday VvV thing happens is cause no one loots. Hell the only reason any pvp here happens is cause no one loots. Why cant you see you this? Guess you cant see these things from inside a house. And stop tryin to kick the rest of to another shard so you can play in your isolation. And what a fabulous idea to have the pvp system give deco rewards. ahahahha just what every pvper wants. You said yourself you only have 25% of the deco rewards so far and how long has the vvv **** been out? Why you only have 25% of them cuase it takes a long time to farm the points needed for anything. How is that a vending machine?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
The Sunday thing is pretty cool. We are all pretty equal in equipment.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so you think since everyone is equal in equipment that makes it fair????
and Bo will almost guarantee you are not all equal in equipment, you just think that cause you dont know any better.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
True but it only take a few looters to ruin it, it could be a just 1 stealthers with VvV tag looting bodies he see or a few old PvP'ers coming back and decide they need to loot.

Right now we are few on the shard but if we get more players, it will be harder to keep the no loot deal. We do need Devs help and I hope they won't take the easy way and just give us Insurance or more blessed items as loosing and replacing items help giving crafters, gathers and farmers business and a reason to play here.

If we could get more resources and more basis luck it will help alot. If the resources to make a suit was way easier to get, we could see a good suit around 50-100k and a regular LRC/Mana suit for 20-50k

Just gems do make the suits expensive and they cost 3x of normal shards prices. Increase Gem drop from mining and spawn, and it will be a great help. More basis resist would spare crafters time, time is also money.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
True but it only take a few looters to ruin it, it could be a just 1 stealthers with VvV tag looting bodies he see or a few old PvP'ers coming back and decide they need to loot.

replacing items help giving crafters, gathers and farmers business and a reason to play here.

If we could get more resources and more basis luck it will help alot. If the resources to make a suit was way easier to get, we could see a good suit around 50-100k and a regular LRC/Mana suit for 20-50k.
Yup will 100% agree with the first thing, what the Bo has been saying for the last 10 years. Replacing items help crafters? havent you realized that 9 times outta 10 people are there own crafter's. Or they have someone in there guild do it for free or minimum charge. And you need to give farmers a reason to farm??? NO!! it is what they do!! if you like to farm ((pvm)) than you dont need a reason to do what you like to do. There will always be items people want, insurance of not. If you are the farming interesting in sellin stuff you just need to know what those people want.
why would increasing resources make it easier to make a suit? It is still a pain in the ass to go thru the process of imbuing the damn thing. You are afraid crafters will have nothing to sell, you havent realized suits and pvp gear havent sold well in 10 years. You know what sells well here DECO!!!!!!!!!! why cant the Bo find deco on vendors right now?? where are these crafters, Bo has been looking for those crafted display cases. Where are all these crafters hiding, once hugi is done with that alacrity he will put carpentry on and bang a few out, oh well.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bo, I think you'd see more crafters putting up vendors if it didn't cost so damned much. IMO, that should be the first change made to the shard...drop vendor prices. And I'm not positive, but I think it might not be too tough to change...la

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bo, I think you'd see more crafters putting up vendors if it didn't cost so damned much. IMO, that should be the first change made to the shard...drop vendor prices. And I'm not positive, but I think it might not be too tough to change...la
The cost of a vendor is prohibitive but Bo makes a very valid point that pretty much everyone either has a second mule account or enough stones to change from combat to crafter. When I had my vendors the only suits that sold were low end training suits and then only when they were at break even prices between resources and vendor fees.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The cost of a vendor is prohibitive but Bo makes a very valid point that pretty much everyone either has a second mule account or enough stones to change from combat to crafter. When I had my vendors the only suits that sold were low end training suits and then only when they were at break even prices between resources and vendor fees.
If it was that easy and cheap to craft your own gear, more PvP'ers would stay. I doubt all PvP'ers want to use time and energi for crafting their gear. Crafting is way more complicated than when most only used GM gear.
Lower vendor fee and cheaper resources would make more crafters stock the vendors and make the suit cheaper. Item Insurance or blessing would make it impossible to sell your suits, just like it is very hard to sell weapons.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If it was that easy and cheap to craft your own gear, more PvP'ers would stay. I doubt all PvP'ers want to use time and energi for crafting their gear. Crafting is way more complicated than when most only used GM gear.
Lower vendor fee and cheaper resources would make more crafters stock the vendors and make the suit cheaper. Item Insurance or blessing would make it impossible to sell your suits, just like it is very hard to sell weapons.
You really are clueless as to why pvpers left. All the pvpers crafted there own gear, or had someone in there guild craft it for them. Usually the best crafters are pvpers, cause they take the time to learn how to make super awesomo gear. They left cause of the other gear, the non craftable stuff that when they died they lost and it took a long time to replace. Without that gear you had a hard time pvpin.

Reactions: Kat

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
You really are clueless as to why pvpers left. All the pvpers crafted there own gear, or had someone in there guild craft it for them. Usually the best crafters are pvpers, cause they take the time to learn how to make super awesomo gear. They left cause of the other gear, the non craftable stuff that when they died they lost and it took a long time to replace. Without that gear you had a hard time pvpin.
There was better gear than crafted in the past too, that did not stop players from PvP'ing. Some powerful PvP'ers was running in good gear, think all from the past remember Lord Mark UDL. He did not die often, but when he did, the loot on him was like a treasure chest. Sure he was furios for a few days, when he died and lost his best gear. There will always be some, who believe they need the best gear and need to win every time. As long he have someone to fight, he will stay.

The problem is, the ones who fight in better crafted gear, can't afford losing several suits a bad day, in the past, it did not get long time to get a new suit, now it cost lots of time, no matter if they craft them selv or use time make money for it.

As long we can keep looting low, we do have fun but we also know, some really do love the looting part. Why would people choose Siege, if we got blessing or insurance? There will be no need for the crafters and the farmers and the PvP'ers want to be to be able to loot a good nice PvP item if they see it on their victim or enemies body.

All the free shards we hear so much about, do they have blessed items or item insurance? Or do they have PvP gear, they can afford to replace? What about the joy, when a PK in upper gear have killed a group of not so good PvP'ers several times and they at last get him down. Should they not be able to loot that upper gear? Some of the spirit is lost if everything get to safe.

In old days, it only took a little time to make a GM suit, and you could PvP. Sure the one in upper gear was stronger and mostly had better PvP skills too, but they could try and could be lucky.
Now you need a lot more time to get a new suit so you can get back in the fight and it cost a lot more than a few k

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you are talkin bout pvp over 14 years ago, stop comparing todays game with before pub 16.
Never heard of lord mark, but your example is great for Bo's argument. Lord mark was pissed and didnt play for days cause he lost his gear, how many times did it take for him to just give up? You dont think that scenario hasnt happened over and over and over. Meanwhile you still want the uo of 15 years ago!!! Any moron can go craft a few pieces or even use good cursed gear and be up and runnin in no time. But what they arent using are those fancy items they are leaving in chests, crimsons, talis, robes, boots, sashes. There is currently no need to farm them cause no one wants them. Give out a couple more blessings, and guess what you will see things and a whole new farming market open up.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you are talkin bout pvp over 14 years ago, stop comparing todays game with before pub 16.
Never heard of lord mark, but your example is great for Bo's argument. Lord mark was pissed and didnt play for days cause he lost his gear, how many times did it take for him to just give up? You dont think that scenario hasnt happened over and over and over. Meanwhile you still want the uo of 15 years ago!!! Any moron can go craft a few pieces or even use good cursed gear and be up and runnin in no time. But what they arent using are those fancy items they are leaving in chests, crimsons, talis, robes, boots, sashes. There is currently no need to farm them cause no one wants them. Give out a couple more blessings, and guess what you will see things and a whole new farming market open up.
There's a whole lot of truth to this.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Lord mark was pissed and didnt play for days cause he lost his gear, how many times did it take for him to just give up?
He did not give up and I did not say, he did not play for days, he sure did play and kill. He left Siege together with the rest of UDL, when they moved on to an other game. The reason they moved on, was to few players to fight here. It was sure not because they could not replace their gear, the guild houses was filled with good armor and stuff.

I really do not believe blessing will help the shard

WhiteWitch

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I just think it would be handy to replace all the items that they removed for Siege VvV with items that would be useful but are not game breaking in any way, preferably consumable so people have something useful to do with the points.