• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement Legends will no longer be using stratics

EM Avalon

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
circumstances beyond my control have dictated we move announcements and other news to facebook. Thank you for your patience in this transition.
uolegends on facebook is where we will now be seen!

reikime3

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
circumstances beyond my control have dictated we move announcements and other news to facebook. Thank you for your patience in this transition.
uolegends on facebook is where we will now be seen!
That's very bad news for me. I don't use face book. So I guess I'll have to rely on Sherry The Mouse for my information. :(:mylittlepony:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe because the Mods aren't pushing their "agenda" any longer..phase out what you can't manipulate

Edit: Not referring to the EM's btw ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I think its due that they want to attract new players to the game and they think Facebook is going to maybe achieve this? Using Steam and Facebook, they might boost their numbers and subscriptions.
That would be the only GOOD reason they would do it. They must think there is a player base that must be missing out on events or something because they dont use Stractics and that Facebook as a social Global media will get them people to come to the events, but the downside as its now sooo public, you will also attract the scum and grievers from all over the world and shards. Its a knife of double edge, hope UO dont get cut....

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find this lame since none of the other shard EMs have made this announcement. I will NOT access UO Legends Facebook. I use my facebook to keep in touch with friends out of state. I have already had to lock it down as tight as possible, and nearly had to delete it. Same thing with my sister, and all because of a person with issues no volumes that doesn't respect boundaries and spends 23 hrs a day stalking people online. I'll just get my news from Sherry, she's in all our houses lol.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pretty sure all the EMs have left the Stratics boards, and if I'm remembering right it was due to some security issue.... think the only ones that get posted to Stratics now are the ones that have their own website and import the posts from there... and it happened just this past January or February

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Some of the EMs do post. There is no requirement for an EM to use Stratics if they don't want to. Same with the devs (Kyronix & Bleak).
The incident you mention was not related to site security, but an argument between people that got out of hand.

All EM sites feed into their respective shard board, so long as the EM site allows for RSS feeds. I check them regularly to make sure the feeds still work. Also, it doesn't stop community members from posting links and such themselves. :) We actually encourage that!

Sadly, Legends is one of the few shards that does not have an active EM site. I've tried to set up feeds from Facebook, but it doesn't work that way.

Best anyone from Legends can do, for those who don't want to go to Facebook, is to post info from there to Stratics?

Hmm... we would use a Shard Reporter for Legends... if anyone is interested, let me know. :)

reikime3

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some of the EMs do post. There is no requirement for an EM to use Stratics if they don't want to. Same with the devs (Kyronix & Bleak).
The incident you mention was not related to site security, but an argument between people that got out of hand.

All EM sites feed into their respective shard board, so long as the EM site allows for RSS feeds. I check them regularly to make sure the feeds still work. Also, it doesn't stop community members from posting links and such themselves. :) We actually encourage that!

Sadly, Legends is one of the few shards that does not have an active EM site. I've tried to set up feeds from Facebook, but it doesn't work that way.

Best anyone from Legends can do, for those who don't want to go to Facebook, is to post info from there to Stratics?

Hmm... we would use a Shard Reporter for Legends... if anyone is interested, let me know. :)
TY for the info Kirthag. :)