• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Legends of the Hidden Temple Pink Gate Location & Hint

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Firstly, we have to tip our hats to the Chesapeake community. We are convinced this shard has the most resourceful community out there. Where there is a will to a shiny orb, you will most definitely find a way!

We spent A LOT of time writing, vetting, and setting up this event. So when we see people taking advantage of various exploits it kinda stings. Thankfully at this time all (at least as best as we can tell!) of the loose ends have been tied and the leaks plugged.

The only way to get to the Hidden Temple is by following the clues and doing the quest as we intended.

To that end we offer one very tiny little hint...

None of the books are dead ends; Every book is involved in the quest and all books must be utilized to solve the quest.

To that end, so best as we can tell, nobody has actually figured out the correct way to go about discovering the location of the hidden temple...

As a result, the first person that can email one of us a complete and detailed walk through of how they were able to solve the clues and find the Temple will receive some extra special recognition from the Royal Surveyor's Office!

Good Luck & Happy Hunting!

D&D

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please do make sure you email us the walkthrough, as we do not wish you to post it on the forums. Thanks!

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Following the clues provided in the quest will lead you to the correct way to get inside there. Teleporting into that area was not supposed to be an option.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many books are there supposed to be? When I tried to do the event there were 11 books, now there are 10. Were there supposed to be 12 books at start? Friend of mine told me there are 10 today, but a thief can't steal the books because they are too heavy.

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the books did mysteriously disappear, but it has been replaced. Apologies for the error.
Also, to those wondering, the pouches DO NOT relate to the quest itself. These pouches have existed since Malas was first brought out as a landmass, and by dropping a rune into them, it marks over them to one of the isolated/secret housing locations. So while they are interesting, they do not pertain to the current quest.

N

Nyx_

Well whenever someone finds this elusive (translator) thats supposed to be somewhere in Malas, let me know I am always in Luna. :bdh:

N

Nyx_

After spending hours covering all the lands of Malas, including Doom, and the peerless area for the grizzle, from the farest northwest corner above luna to the most southeast area below umbra, all mountains, tunnels, secret areas, and the Labrynth, I have yet to find an person that would be an NPC translator, other than the possibility of the hermit being the translator.

Shelra

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After spending hours covering all the lands of Malas, ......
A friend was frustrated by doing this so I did it again yesterday afternoon (looking for translater) because of the his interest in doing it the 'right way' - to no avail. I got so agitated after a time that I didn't even confirm with him that I did it. :wall:

*abandons quest*
:thumbsup:

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the books did mysteriously disappear, but it has been replaced. Apologies for the error.
Also, to those wondering, the pouches DO NOT relate to the quest itself. These pouches have existed since Malas was first brought out as a landmass, and by dropping a rune into them, it marks over them to one of the isolated/secret housing locations. So while they are interesting, they do not pertain to the current quest.
Thanks Dross :)

And if they say there is a solution there is a solution guys ... no need to get so upset (there are more productive ways to get some clues, aren't there? ;P ... like saying pllllleeease haha).

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i still have no idea how to figure out the hermit ...

N

Nyx_

Thread to talk about the quest and spoilers listed on the main Chessy Forums.
Everyone is welcome to share ideas, words that have been used, or the answer over there.

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: "Wonders if this part was player tested............"

Yes, the entire quest is working properly...

Again, we cannot stress this enough:

None of the books are dead ends; Every book is involved in the quest and all books must be utilized to solve the quest.

N

Nyx_

Still doesn't trigger any meaning for me. Sorry. I usually enjoy puzzles and clues, but when I got to the hermit, and tried most logical routes I got bored. I hope someone figures it out and reveals it or maybe you can tell everyone when it ends.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I'll tell ya what.... it appears you wont be solving this before it is shut down so I will sell you access orbs for 75,000,000gold since I have 25 of them.

:stir:

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol...Don't solve the puzzle and get rewarded.

Spend hours trying to solve the puzzle and get frustration.

Why does anyone bother? Seriously?

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll tell ya what.... it appears you wont be solving this before it is shut down so I will sell you access orbs for 75,000,000gold since I have 25 of them.

:stir:
We intend to leave this active at least until someone solves it.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have found all the books and have recieved all the words but still does not get us any closer to the temple. Could we get a little hint PLEASE as following the books does nothing.

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please see the bolded hint earlier in this thread.

Once you are sure you are utilizing all the books you simply need to arrange all the puzzle pieces correctly.

N

Nyx_

Well lets see if the words are the *keys* to the books and there is 10 words, that means 10 possible slots in a sentence.... yeah right
Meaning it was all good up until the last book/clue, people are forgetting about the quest and moving on. People tend to lose interest after a short period of time. Thanks for playing though.

*Remember someone who is the creator of a puzzle, quest, or D&D strategy, may think that the simplest clue would give it all away, but to others the clues means nothing but another pointless riddle.*

F

Fanny Firebottom

10 words and 10 possible positions that those words could fit in....*grabs abacus*....let's see..that's

3, 628, 800 possible combinations!

*now looks and smells worse than the hermit and goes back to muttering under breath....*

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The quest has now been legitimately completed all the way through by several players. Congratulations!

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have all the clues done except for the one concerning a building on the northern continent or the fragmented area below it built with white marble. I've even looked at white marble player houses. The place does exist I take it? The only other possible clue was the mention of losing his sextant in one of the numerous fractures showing the starscape which would imply the cluster of islands linked with bridges.

Not sure if I can deal with another Grand Tour of northern Malas.:violin: :)

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It sure does! Make sure you read all the hints we've provided as well.

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the Chesapeake Forum as posted by Zelda of Zed...

"The big problem with a quest like this is not everyone has played for 13 years, and do not understand the clues. And even if you get them all and make it to the end, unless you have a player that can make it through the last hallway, your all done!

I feel really sorry for folks who got SCREWED like that, and could not even get a rez at the end..because someone (cough em) was being so ANAL!!!!!!!

Z..."

You do not need to have played for 13 years in order to understand the clues.

The final hallway has three possible solutions. As we stated from the beginning, this was not for young/undeveloped characters.

You can rez in the final hallway using the Ankh of Sacrifice that is in the first area. You can also exit the puzzles at any time using the "exit" scrolls provided.

If you are referring to the fact that at the launch of this quest people were cheating and exploiting the reward by dieing, running through the gate at the final hallway, and then being resurrected by their friends then no, it's not a matter of being anal, it's a matter of not allowing exploitation, hence we fixed it so ghosts could not enter the final gate to the temple area.