• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Legends of the Hidden Temple Exploits

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After reviewing the first 24 hours of the Quest being live, we have identified two exploits that were allowing people to circumvent the puzzle portion of the Quest considerably.

One exploit has been completely fixed.

Please note that camping at the final location and rezzing ghosts that come through is not appropriate. Do not let yourself be caught there.

The quest will continue to remain active while everyone takes a crack at solving the clues.

Please continue to email me with any issues you might have.

Pooper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
How long is this event gonna be up and running for? Do I have enough time to come up with a scheme to get thru those blade spirits with my mule char or should I just give up now?

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enough time for everyone to have a chance to try the quest the correct way without cheating. No schemes necessary as the clues will give you a way to get through.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Are using the virtues considered circumventing?

Jordy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I tried a few different character types before I figured out which of my chars was best suited to handle the challenge. I cursed you in many languages before I made it to the end, Dudley. It was a blast!

Pooper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Dudley and Dross, I forgot to ask a question when you were telling me I need to find the last clue to gain entrance now. I understand you don't want to give any details away, but I'm curious because the Olmecian Access Orb has the word "access" in the title. So after getting the orbs, is the quest over? Will there be a part 2? Bottom line, do we need the orbs to gain "access" to something or are they just deco (and it would be ok to sell them)?

BTW, I have been spending too much time on UO trying to figure this event out. I have not been spending enough time outside enjoying the nice weather! This means you guys are doing a great job because you definately have my attention :thumbup:

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pooper,

The rewards are just deco, you won't need them for the future event, which was going to be on February 26th. Given that we finally got the static event to work right (without it being exploited) that event will likely be postponed.

As for the name...there's only one thing an access orb can do....ready to go inside?? :)

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Would you like a Xanex?

Pooper

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You guys rock! Thanks again Dudley! I'm off to figure out the correct way to solve the clues.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Hey if you figure out that part we were searching for before let me know. Ive been all over the place! LoL

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey the clues are all quite clear in the EMs heads!

Anyone have a saw?