• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Legends Defeats Exodus Monster

jeriicco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Gargoyle city of Ver Lor Reg sacked! Exodus minions wreaking havoc throughout the lands of Sosoria with reports of their presence going far beyond the Exodus Dungeon to places such as Luna. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! The brave Knight Dupre stepped forward and in a Call To Arms asked any and all brave souls to join him as he confronts this terror. And in spectacular fashion warriors and healers from all ends of Sosoria answered Dupre's call.​
The march to Exodus wasn't long before an Army of Exodus monsters crashed the party. Dragons and Warriors to the front, Healers to the back!! With a slow and steady push countless Exodus creatures fell as Dupre's legion was determined to reach the dungeon.​
Failure is not an option! As the desert sands swirled amidst the battle the passage to Exodus grew closer with every sword swing. They are no match for us, these machines that threaten our lands. Now the battle has come to your front door! Dupre's legion swarmed the temple and soon entered the depths of Exodus.​
"To the west", cried Dupre as he urged his followers to sweep across the dungeon. The Exodus army had all but been destroyed when Dupre began to reveal a hidden passage leading below the dungeon.​
The darkness of the underground was not met with machines, it was met with walls.?!? So down came the walls and with each successful breach another wall stood. The walls were slowly smashed to the ground one by one and soon an intricate system of passages was revealed. With no more machines and no more walls to knock down victory seemed imminent, well until......​
..........he showed up. I'd call him a boss of sorts, a boss who left anyone in his path flattened! As panic engulfed Dupre's unit the Exodus boss picked off victims as it marched through the passage ways. With healers comes new life and the ones who fall shall rise again. And without a doubt the determination of Dupre and his followers proved stronger then the life of the Exodus boss. Victory! For now the Exodus machines are silent but their powers still gloom leaving the honor moongate crippled as evidence.​

jeriicco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the event came and went and those who stuck around until the very end had a chance to pick up a journal placed on the ground by Dupre. For those who did not receive a copy I'd be happy to make you one sealed with a red leaf and dyed to make it look authentic. The event didnt exactly completely wrap up the Awakening story arc so the idea that the journal may hold some clues or use foreshadowing to what may come with this Arc isn't out of the question. I found this post in UHall discussing these ideas and thought it was interesting. If you wish to have a copy made for yourself please post below I will contact you.​
"I incline to the view that the last paragraph of the new in-game book, 'A Weathered Journal', may be relevant both to the destruction in the Gargoyle city and the damage to the Honor gate"​
-Aurelius​
UO Stratics *New* | A Weathered Journal​
"I dont have much time as the creature expects me to return or will spirit me away again at anytime; at great expense and effort I managed to trace the flow of the spell used to summon me and correlate it with Ilshenars known geography to locate where this creature seems to be drawing power from. By removing or destroying this area, I should render it incapable of such feats, but I have no idea how well it can detect these things. In a position where all choices are fraught with danger, I can only choose the one that presents the least to the lands even if it may present the most to my own person. I may not be as powerful a mage as Nystul, but I have not let him far surpass me either. Gilforns ideas of moonstones, perhaps combined with blackrock and my own abilities its possible. It was difficult to obtain blackrock, but Heckles didnt fail me and nor has he ever. I hope that he realizes how essential his services were. If I cannot eliminate Exodus entirely and still have access to the blackrockthen I will destroy everything I can to prevent it from manifesting."​