• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Legendary Smith Question

A

Angus

And no it isn't what to make to get there, so Basara you won't have to re-paste that for the 200th time. :)

I'm at 115 now.

My question\issue\dilema is whether or not to buy a 120 scroll or keep trying to get the bods I need to get my own 120 scroll. If I go the route of doing it myself (which is what the original plan was) how long am I looking at? I have two LBOD's that will get me the 120 scroll but none of the BOD's to fill them :sad4:

I've tried shopping around but haven't had any luck, but have seen several 120 scrolls.

Guess I'm really wondering what others have done. Do it yourself or did you buy one?

Thanks in advance.

A

Alrich

if you're on a populated server try trading for the bods.

Though if you don't have ANY of the smalls required imo just buy one, they aren't tooo expensive.

Right now my SP smith has 2 LBODs for a 120 scroll, but only 1 small matching them, and then has 2/6 smalls for a lbod that i don't have yet also for a 120.

If you have a lot of ingots to burn in bods, keep turning in and hoping, otherwise buy. I see em usually 400-500k so weigh out the cost and convenience +)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It really depends on the shard.

1. Try to trade for the parts you need - the easiest of the 120 PS scrolls to fill are the 20 EX Shadow Iron Plate, and the 10 & 15 Ex Copper plate. Try not to buy them - I've seen people pricing the smalls for 60k to 220k! I wouldn't pay 220k for a 120 Smith scroll, let alone one small BOD for it out of 6! BTW, if you're on Lake Austin, I price my 120 PS smalls & larges at 20k each.

2. If no trading options present themselves, consider brute forcing the turn-ins. Fill Iron BODs (buy the items for the normal BODs - it's cheaper than crafting, and you can get war forks at weaponsmiths, but not blacksmiths), turn in each for a new BOD, repeat until all you have are colored BODs to sort (then, fill all of the colored ones that are junk or give decent rewards as smalls, to get new ones as well). Within a couple thousand BODs, you should eventually get all the parts you need for at least 1 120 PS, especially if you have partial sets already.

One of the reasons 120 Smith scrolls have gone up in value recently (they were at about half the current rate) is that they are worth major points in the clean-up. I've filled, redeemed and donated at least 3 120 Tailor PS so far, because they are so easy to get (and have about 6 more sets 1 small from completion). It really sucks how much easier getting a tailor 120 is, compared to a Smith 120.

Do, consider, that even at 100% success/Exceptional rate (using an ASH and talisman), that it will take 2000 Shadow Iron ingots, or 1000/1500 Copper ingots for the copper BODs, to fill the full set.

A

Alrich

aye, and if you're on SP its even harder. limited ingot supplies, no double fel resource, and almost noone to trade bods.

not to mention to burn 1000 bods, at best bet if they were all 10 iron tear kite shields thats 80k iron ingots lol

80k ingots at 10g each, suddenly that 300k ps seems pretty dang cheap.

they need to drastically reduce the number of weapon bods considering at even legendary 50% of the bods you get are weapon ones, which have a top reward of what... dc hammer or maybe a powder?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually, all the rewards for iron small BODs are tools to go mine more resources.... There are a few larges (exceptional Ringmail, exceptional polearm, normal plate, and 1 or more of the normal weapon 20s) that can give POF, and the EX 15 plate large has a chance for a colored anvil.

If you can buy the normal weapons from NPCs (you just can't SELL to NPCs on SP, right?) you'll end up saving a lot of ingots, and therefore a lot of money.

A

Angus

Thanks for the tips Alrich and Basara

I think I will try what you guys suggest and power through all my iron bods and play my luck that way. Cause the 120 PS on Atlantic are priced way high, hadn't really thought about the turn in factor, definitely a factor I would think.

Thanks again

T

The_Ox

Of course if you but one you will end up getting everything you need to get one on a turn in within a week of buying that is what happened to me :sad3: luckily i am a smith junky and was able to use it on another charrolleyes:

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought one a few months ago (on LS), before the Spring Cleaning started. I think I spent 150k on it--I bought it and a 120 tailor PS also. I had serious doubts as to the integrity of them (since the vendor did have quite a few PS all quite cheap), but I really couldn't pass on the opportunity.

A

Alrich

Actually, all the rewards for iron small BODs are tools to go mine more resources.... There are a few larges (exceptional Ringmail, exceptional polearm, normal plate, and 1 or more of the normal weapon 20s) that can give POF, and the EX 15 plate large has a chance for a colored anvil.

If you can buy the normal weapons from NPCs (you just can't SELL to NPCs on SP, right?) you'll end up saving a lot of ingots, and therefore a lot of money.

yes you can buy weapons on sp but they cost 3x as much here :)

just cant buy resources.