• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Legacy Macro Importer

BTeng_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all,

The Legacy Macro Importer feature for the Enhanced Client will be included in today's patch (8/5). It searches for the character's Classic Client macro settings upon logging into the Enhanced Client.

These macro settings for the Classic Client are located in:
My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data\{Account Name}\{Shard Name}\{Character Name}\macros2d.txt

If the file is located, a dialog box will appear asking the user to begin the macro importer process. If the user selects Yes or No, the dialog box will never appear again for that character unless the flag for the user setting file is reset.

To reset the user setting, locate the file:
My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\{Account Name}\{Shard Name}\{Character Name}

The following line will need to be set to "false" in order for the prompt to appear again for the user:
<ScannedLegacyMacros enabled="false" />

NOTE: We typically advise against editing this file since users do run the risk of losing their settings if the file is not formatted correctly and loads incorrectly. One of the future enhancements will be to allow to user to hit a button in-game to manually import their macros if they wish to repeat the procedure.

A few things to note about the importing process:
1. Any macro action that is not supported will not be imported and skipped over.
2. Macros will be named after the first action of the macro sequence.
3. Macros will use the icon of the first action in the macro sequence.
4. Key bindings will not be imported due to possible existing key binding conflicts.
5. This process will not alter the macro settings for the Classic Client.

Here are the following macros that are supported (apologies for the bad formatting):
Classic Client ----- SA Client
Say <text> ----- Say <text>
Emote <text> ----- Emote <text>
Whisper <text> ----- Whisper <text>
Yell <text> ----- Yell <text>
War/Peace ----- War/Peace
OpenDoor ----- OpenDoor
UseSkill <skill> ----- <skill>
LastSkill ----- LastSkill
CastSpell <spell> ----- <spell>
LastSpell ----- LastSpell
LastObject ----- LastObject
Bow ----- Bow
Salute ----- Salute
AllNames ----- AllNames
LastTarget ----- Cursor Target Last
TargetSelf ----- Cursor Target Self
Arm/Disarm <location> ----- Arm/Disarm <location>
WaitForTarg ----- WaitForTarg
TargetNext ----- Cycle Last Cursor Target
AttackLast ----- Attack Last Cursor Target
Delay <value> ----- Delay <value>
Command <text> ----- Command <text>
AlwaysRun ----- Toggle Always Run
PrimaryAbility ----- <weapon ability: primary>
SecondaryAbility ----- <weapon ability: secondary>
InvokeVirtue <virtue> ----- <virtue>
SelectNext <target type> ----- Target Next <target type>
SelectPrevious <target type> ----- Target Previous <target type>
SelectNearest <target type> ----- Target Nearest <target type>
AttackSelectedTarget ----- Attack Current Target
UseSelectedTarget ----- Use Targeted Object
CurrentTarget ----- Cursor Target Current
ToggleGargoyleFlying ----- <racial ability: flying>

The following macros are not supported yet, but will be implemented in the future:
EquipLastWeapon
QuitGame
CircleTrans
TargetSystemOn/Off
Open
Close
BandageSelf
BandageTarget

The following macros are not supported:
Walk
Paste
Minimize
Maximize
CloseGumps
SaveDesktop
KillGumpOpen
SetUpdateRange
ModifyUpdateRange
IncreaseUpdateRange
DecreaseUpdateRange
MaxUpdateRange
MinUpdateRange
DefaultUpdateRange
UpdateRangeInfo
EnableRangeColor
DisableRangeColor
ToggleRangeColor
ToggleBuffIconWindow

Please post any issues or feedback here. Thanks!

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BandageSelf
BandageTarget
Great and waiting on the above.

I may bring some of my other characters into the Enhanced Client now and see how this works out.

In addition, I assume you would have access to the 2D Macro Name, would it be possible to just use that Name rather than the first macro?

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some feedback .....

I imported one of my characters 2D macro's.

They initialy seemed to be right but .... odd

Now excluding the Say Macroes, which seemed to be fine this is what I was seeing.

I have a Animal Lore Macro and a Animal Lore + waitfortarget + lasttarget, for example.

The Animal Lore one had the name Animal Lore the right ICON and what appeared to be the right action. I say appeared because when I right clicked it to see what the target was set at, the only item on the list was Clear Item. I thought this was odd but ....

I checked out the Animal Lore + WaitForTarget + LastTarget nd again there was not target sub menu on the ICON.

I have several macros like that and they were all the same.

I left the character and went into my primary character to make sure I was remember how the macros were set up and confirmed there should be a target sub menu.

When I went back to the other character now for those macros, Animal Lore and Animal Lore + WaitForLastTarget + LastTarget, all the action ICONS were gone. In one case the square for the second action was an empty square and the 1st and 3rd had nothing.

For what it is worth, I have a Say Macro(s) for Secure, Lock and Release. The secure is the first of the 3. They all have one thing in common, I do not have a HotKey assigned to them. They are the only macros I do not have a HotKey assigned to.

When I hit the escape key to clear targeting, get the menu etc, it tends to invoke the Secure Macro. This is NOT consistent and gives a darn good imitation of being time dependent somehow but I can NOT get a handle on what it would be.

F

Fink

Axel, thanks again. :thumbsup:

A couple of issues since patching today...

General:

Chat tabs lost their titles.

In Legacy Container mode:

- Mouseover Highlighting is very erratic, flickers, almost as if the hotspot is a checker pattern. Really, really annoying.
- Can't open containers unless the cursor is over the container and highlight is NOT shown.
- Can't use items unless the cursor is over the object and highlight is NOT shown.

I've bug reported these so they're in the system.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was asked if I wanted to import my macros and I clicked yes,but they will not work properly. I use alot of 'alt-z' type macros for spell casting and it doesn't work on the SA client.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was asked if I wanted to import my macros and I clicked yes,but they will not work properly. I use alot of 'alt-z' type macros for spell casting and it doesn't work on the SA client.
What wasn't working about the macros? When they are imported, the hot keys are not created, so you will need to go to you macros and reassign the hot keys. I also use alt-<key> for most of my macros and when assigned, they work for me.

I didn't see any problems with the importer. Seemed to work as designed for the macros I had set up.

Is there a chance we can steal a feature from WAR? WAR gives you the option to copy a UI setup from one character to another. I would love to see this implemented with the addition that it look across multiple accounts too.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...the option to copy a UI setup from one character to another. I would love to see this implemented with the addition that it look across multiple accounts too.
I would like that as well.

I have a basic set of macros that are mostly common to all characters.

Such as F5=Last Spell, Shift+F5=Last Spell+WaitForTarget+LastTarget, about 8 in total.

Now then, did your imported macro have actions such as Greater Heal (first Action) or Animal Lore (First Action)?

If so, did the imported action have a target sub menu?

I was wondering if my issue might have something to do with multiple Macros that would end up with the same name.

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay!

Could we please have macros for the different types of handles?

So we can view Mob Handles or Item Handles without having to go into the options?

Please please!

:)

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yay!

Could we please have macros for the different types of handles?

So we can view Mob Handles or Item Handles without having to go into the options?

Please please!

:)
There is a "command" script that will allow you to make macros for this. I hit ALt C, and I only see corpses... on the fly.
Look in this forum for the commands.

S

Stupid Miner

Doesn't affect me, had to switch to my better computer to run SA. Had to remake all my macros anyway.