• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Legacy Containers and new Functionality

• Thread starter Tay M'real
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Tay M'real

With the enhanced client - I do not see the ability to use the legacy gump while maintaining the enhanced functinality (grid/list)? Is this available anywhere?

The only reason I ask this is that I prefer the legacy gumps due to look/feel and also the size they take up on the screen is smaller. However, the targeting and the highlight of items is very difficult in the enhanced client. Tracking doesn't seem as strong in EC that it is in LC so clicking and dragging is sometimes difficult - especially when the highlight of an item is so light (this should be darkend).

When using the enhanced GUMPs - items move fine and I have absolutely no issue becuase the grid takes care of need to click directly on the item....

So a grid ontop of the legacy containers would be GREAT!

Is this available at all?

If not - it should be!

F

Fink

It was done before, so I'm fairly certain it could be done again.

The only issue was the art looked rather disproportionate, like a classic-themed border more than a container shape, so it wasn't 100% the classic look. If you look at a backpack gump, for example, less than half the area it uses up is usable for storage. The rehashed classic containers were more like 80% storage area with a little trim around the edges.

Then there were the "new old" gumps which took up a lot of space but were at least bag-like or box-like. This art still exists in the EC files, so perhaps those could be re-purposed.