• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Leaving UO

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let's try this again.

I am leaving UO permanently between now and the end of June when my last account runs out of existing paid up monies. I have packed up the museum and will now start on my other castles and shop. This being said, in the next week or so all my vendors will be removed so if there is stuff you want off them suggest you get it soon.

After the vendors are removed the rune library will also be packed and put into store.

Because I have way too much stuff to store, I will be giving a lot to friends, but I will also drop off 'gifts' to anyone who leaves me a marked rune to their MAILBOX in my Mailbox at the shop. Make sure your rune is marked with your character's name and that your mailbox is accessible. If I drop you something off you have no need for, please pass it on to someone else rather than just toss it.

I also have 5 properties that will require owners:
2 x Tram Castles
1 x Fel Castle
2 x Luna Premises (both max lockdown)

If you are interested in these properties, irrespective of whether you 'think' you have the funds please message me, although bids will be considered they may not be the deciding factor in who may end up with them.

Guildleaders, and others, if you have friends in game who do not read these forums then please pass on the info re dropping me a rune and ensuring you have a mailbox accessible.

MissE

Peil

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, it's very sad.
I often use your shop for daily use.

Please have a good rest.

- Love Potion -

F

five oclock

Another one leaves...sad day for sure...

But at least you are banking it :D for ya know you will be back :D

D

Dain

Normally I would be the first in the grab up some goodies hehe, but unfortunately my last account goes inactive in a couple of days, so I'm sure it could all go to much better use.

It's sad to see you go Echo, you've certainly been around a long time and have made quite an impression on the community; you have left very big shoes to fill!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sad to see you leave UO and thank you for all your work on your web site.

F

Fink

That's a good point; will you be continuing to maintain Spellweave.com? If not, will you be passing the torch to anyone?

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will be passing it on. Probably offer the content to stratics in the first instance and see what happens there. If they are not interested then will look at other options. I am not sure if I will maintain the domain yet either. I have til the end of the year to worry about renewing all that.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To those people sending me pm's I am reading them all, until such time as I have fully packed and the premises are vacant I will not be deciding on who/when etc so have not answered anyone as yet. I will keep you posted.

Thank you to those who have expressed interest up to this point.

Also, don't forget to leave me a rune to your mailbox at the Emporium. I will shortly be ready to start offloading a bit of stuff.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Loric there is something wrong with your mailbox in east Luna, will not let me put anything in it, gives a 'lockdown' error message.

Imhotep your mailbox says it is secure, wont let me add things to it, maybe as your house is private? Or need redo settings on box?

NOTE: When placing a mailbox it must be 'secured' not locked down. The security 'setting' ie Owner, Friends, etc is for who may 'empty' the box, not who can place stuff in it.

V

Vantobia

Sad to see you go. After I returned to Uo after about 9 years away your place and stuff was a very impressive and re-assuring sight. Also much of your website info came in handy picking up the game again.

Gl in life.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is anyone interested in PLAIN PLANTS of all description.

(note: they are not 'coloured' for plant dye clipping, nor resource plants) Just the basic campions, poppies, snowdrops etc etc. I think i have around 4-600 in total and do not wish to 'store' them. It is a waste of effort/time/resources to clip them to 'plain' clippings.

If you are interested leave me a rune at the shop to your mailbox marked with what you might like, ie "20 plain campions", "any plain plants", "30 plain plants" .... etc etc and I will distribute then as a priority before dumping the rest. PLease do this asap as I will be getting to them in the next few days.

Hehe if you don't 'specify' an amount I will assume you will take as many as I can stuff in your mailbox.

AGAIN, IF YOU HAVE FRIENDS WHO PLAY BUT DO NOT READ THESE FORUMS, please direct them here so they don't miss out.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are some people who have left me runes, but whose houses are private and/or their mailboxes are just 'locked' down and not locked & secured. For someone not friended to your house the only way to leave stuff in the box is if:

The house is public
The mailbox is locked down and secured (Note: security setting is for those who can 'collect' from the box not who can drop in the box)

Anyways if you left a rune and have yet to get anything from me that will be the reason.

Mungo of Minoc

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now Miss Echo you did assure me that you are keeping one active account, correct? Even if its just for old time sake. I got you into this game and you are going to keep this one promise to me. I publicly hold you to this. I might have told you about UO, but you have gone on to far surpass me and most others in your achievements in this world. You and Big Kev have been two of the players I have most admired in my 10 years as a player. Your prowess as a fighter, your knowledge of the game, honorable behavior and fantastic skill at decorating, I will not forget.
Since you won the award and now have a permanent legacy in the way you transformed Brit bank, I have gone back to do my banking there. Have always hated Luna and its surrounding suburban empty land with nary a monster to fight. Now with no houses its empty pixels as far as the eye can see. Whenever I go to good old Brit bank from now on will be a reminder of one of your many contributions to our shard.
By looking at the posts coming in I'm not the only one who appreciated your fantastic shop and rune library and the work you put in to always keeping every vendor stocked. Never an empty bag did I open in your shop. The two decorating achievements amongst many that will always stand out for me was the horse and wagon on the top of Tark's joint and the pergola made out of old pre OAS staffs. How you found enough of them to get them into matching opposite directions I'll never know. You found unique ways to decorate that I tell you now I sneaked over, tried to figure out and only sometimes managed to copy.
The incredible events you thought up, organised and ran with the EVE franchise were always interesting, challenging and heaps of fun. I still have books of instructions n stuff from those events.
I salute the generosity I see you showing to Oceania in these posts as you prepare to leave. I would never want to see what happened the other night to Kev happen to you. I'm saddened that you will no longer be a regular player. My castle will always have items made by the many master crafter's on all your accounts.

E

EveningKiss

If you have stone tables you arnt g oing to need any more i could use some lol

T

the druid

hey echo its matheryn from days of old not sure if you will remember me but its sad to see you go as im just comming back although im starting a new acc as my old acc was hacked meh its time for a fresh start anyway

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As of today I have 3/5 accounts closed.

As for my property

both Luna houses have been giving to real life friends (as will my main castle be given to them.)

My fel castle has been given to the son of another old BCS friend whom I also met real life although he no longer plays UO either.

I have one castle left (in trammel) and even tho I have attempted to 'give' it away in luna as yet I have not had any takers.

I think that is the best example of how far down the shard has gone when you cannot even give away a trammel castle.

I will try again later TODAY Mon 14th to give it away, I shall be in Luna around 6pm tonight to do it so if you want it hang around luna from around 5.30 to 6.30 pm and I will pop in.

My 4th account will be also closed within the week and my 5th (main) by august when its funds run out.

Thank you to all those who made enquiries or offers on my property but it seems interest was only really on the luna places and my main castle and at the end of the day I did not want either real life cash or in game gold for them. I preferred to give them away.

MissE

sheesh and what bright spark decided it would be good to make you redo flipping passwords for stratics, whoever it was should be shot.

F

Fink

Where's the remaining castle situated?

I gather it's not the one I expressed an interest in, but I don't know where the others might be. If it's any better than the spot my brother's castle currently occupies, we'd move.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it is where witchwood (the museum) was over on the coast west of wrong

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok well the lucky recipient of the castle is Marcus who met me in Luna at 6pm.

Have fun with it.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I finally gave away my main castle and have cancelled the subscription on all 5 accounts.

So long Oceania, have fun with whatever comes in the future. I have offered the content on spellweave re UO to Petra for stratics use. If she doesnt take up the offer I will offer it to uoguide if there is time, if not then expect the site to come down at the end of July.

Laterz All

MissE

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And I guess that comment is the main 'reason' I finally decided to quit UO and Oceania for good. There is always someone who has to toss in some nasty comment as to what someone else is doing on these boards and within the game itself.

So sorry Siyeng0 for having the temerity to actually find 'homes' for some of the properties that I accumulated over the years, and whoops, sorry also for offering people on the shard the opportunity to score a heap of free stuff and 'cluttering' up your board with posts in the ONE thread regarding same.

You just couldn't leave well enough alone and even at the end of the day had to toss in another narky comment.

Ahh well, I leave you to it.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad to see you go. I always refer people to spellweave.com since I find it very useful for newbies.
Sad indeed.

F

Fink

And I guess that comment is the main 'reason' I finally decided to quit UO and Oceania for good. There is always someone who has to toss in some nasty comment as to what someone else is doing on these boards and within the game itself.
Siyeng0 actually left Oceania for the RP-drenched shores of Baja about a year and a half ago (amirite?), probably the smartest move for leaving the shard. It would be unfair to blame her for prompting your exit.

I think you'll find Stratics supplies the bulk of nasty comments, anyway, not people in the game. If unkind words drove you to quit I would have closed your Stratics accounts before your UO accounts.

P

PoCove

It is Sad to see you leave ..You will be missed despite some comments .. sad days ..
Take care and be safe Seth of PoC

Althalus -VKR-

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that was quite sad just reading these replies, brings back so many memories, my first post here in quite some time, many people still play on Oceania these days?