• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

leavin' on a jet plane

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Legends, I'll be nowhere near my computer for the next month, and altho there will be computers where I'm going there will also be grandbabies, so computer time will be takin' a back seat.

Would very much like to try and keep up with Legends news, so if there is anything going on.... player events, sightings of EMs Tashik and Helios, odd and wonderful happenings.... please send along a note to UOLegends AT stratics DOT com and I'll get it all up on our news page located here

I've been a bit worried about keepin' you all in line *shoots a glance at Cuda* and occupied during this time, and last nite a good buddy provided a solution. I thought about trying to keep it UO related, but that may be a bit too restrictive....... you check it out and see what you think (below copied from pm)

Be careful what you wish for.......

"Howdy, gonna start a game with you all. First, you mess with the previous person's wish, then make your own. Example:

Bob: I wish my wife was thin and beautiful again.

Jessica: Your wish is granted, but she just filed for a divorce.
Jessica: I wish I had a dog.

Phil: Granted, but too bad he's going to be your seeing-eye dog for a long time.
Phil: I wish..... "

Easy, huh? So, to start it off, I'll make a wish.......

I wish the cats did not shed their hair all over the house!

F

Faith_UOCD

Have fun on your trip :) And enjoy spending time with the grandbabies.
On with the game! (told you I'd post back :) )

I wish the cats did not shed their hair all over the house!
Granted...sadly your cats caught a contagious disease that caused them to loose all their hair forever. The bad part is it effects humans and now your bald as well.

I wish I would win the lottery.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:)

wish fulfilled!

unfortunately, you neglected to sign the back of the ticket... mean spirited cousin Dinky did so, and is now vacationing in Tahiti

I wish to tame a balron

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We will miss you!!!! Who am I going to talk plants with? :( Enjoy your time with the grandbabies. Much love and many hugs for your gift. :)

:)

wish fulfilled!

unfortunately, you neglected to sign the back of the ticket... mean spirited cousin Dinky did so, and is now vacationing in Tahiti

I wish to tame a balron
Wish fulfilled but he's eating all your guildmates.

I wish my plants would grow faster.

MageCruella

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have fun Dev! Hug those babies! Maybe you can get to play some Barbie's while you are there.
No worries, I will keep an eye on Cuda.
Oh I so wanted to grant your wish for a (furry) tame Balron!

I wish my plants would grow faster.
Wish granted, but none of them can be locked down, nor will they be lost at server refresh. The land is becoming over crowded with rogue plants.

I wish that death robes came in pretty colors with matching sandals.

F

Faith_UOCD

I wish that death robes came in pretty colors with matching sandals.
Granted! you now have a full rainbow of colors to choose from, unfortunatly to wear the sandals and death robes, you have to be dead. Not too much of a problem, Dev's balron is right around the corner! Whack! *screen darkens* "You are dead..OoooOO". Oh yeah that's right everything is grey you can never see your pretty colored death robes and sandals...:p

I wish that I had a new car.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
granted!!

well, it's new to *you!*

I wish, at times, that I was stronger

Attachments

F

Faith_UOCD

I wish I could get Noggin a horse.
Granted! While you were out shopping at the local Feed Store you entered a contest to win a free horse and won :) Grats! Sadly when you go to the stable to see your prize, you are handed a My Little Pony that's a exact replica of their best mare.

I wish it wasn't raining :(

M

MoneyMaker

We will miss you Dev!!! have fun!!
I wish it wasn't raining :(
Granted! The rain has stopped. It is now bright and sunny outside, with a temprature of 120 degrees, with no rain expected (or cloud) for the next 4 weeks and at least 2 degrees higher everyday.:D

I wish that arthritis was curable.:cursing:

(dang, really wish I had gotten that one about nog.) :D

D

Danse

DEV!! HUG those babies often...the bigguns and the new uns'

Your wish has been granted...unfortunately..you are now a slug....

I wish I had not set my mining skill to lower...:blushing: (99.1 now instead of 100:cursing:)

T

Tovladian Soltyr

See you later Dev, see you when you get back.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Danse your wish has been granted, however it a strange turn of events all of your other skills were lowered by mistake with Focus and meditation turned up. Enjoy reskilling :D

I wish I had a decent paying job

T

Thaynon Nothus

Wish Granted! You're now making 138k a year. Unfortunately, your job is in Tokyo and 138k Yen doesn't amount to a whole lot! Q_Q

I wish I had the time to play UO, again...

M

MoneyMaker

I wish I had the time to play UO, again...
Wish granted! you now have all the time to play UO you ever wanted. Unfortunately your acct. has a malicious bug in it that wipes your acct's chars everytime you log in.

I wish that it was summer year round.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Congratulations!!

It is now summer all the time! No cold weather anymore at all !
But now the bugs dont get killed, so you have mosquitos the size of dragonflies, and the danged grass needs mowed 12 months of the year now!!

Boy, do I wish I had more hair! :blushing:

N

Nex Anima

Boy, do I wish I had more hair!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wish Granted! but by freakish events you now can not hear do to some much coming out of your ears...no matter how much you trim, it just seems to keep growing back...

I wish nothing bad could ever happen to me :p

F

Faith_UOCD

I wish nothing bad could ever happen to me :p
Granted...Nothing bad can ever happen to you again, but nothing good ever happens either. Everyday is a boring repeat of the day before.

I wish that I knew what to cook for dinner.

S

Sorcon Gartius

Granted, you cook Chinese food and it poisons your whole family.

I wish my bird would shut up.

S

Sorcon Gartius

Granted, but they're both AFK playing WoW.

I wish UO was fun again.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"I wish UO was fun again."

Granted, UO is fun again, but it took a patch list miles long and 6 years to complete, and they are now 5 years behind current gaming standards, leaving it the same empty sandbox it is now.

I wish Blesh was lvl 80

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"I wish Blesh was lvl 80"

Granted, Blesh is lvl 80, But now your busy leveling other characters and never have time to play her :)

I wish I had a new phone.

M

MoneyMaker

granted!

you now have a new phone, but with all the new features you have, you need to read a manual the size of a new york city phone book.

I wish I had a faster connection (posts to darn slow!!)

S

Sorcon Gartius

Granted, you have a faster connection, unfortunately the Internet is down for maintenance for at least the next 2 years.

I wish I owned Google.

M

MoneyMaker

Granted!

you are now the proud owner of google, but all your stock has tanked, and the board of directors has decided that it is time to file bankruptcy.

I wish I was younger.

S

Sorcon Gartius

Granted, you're an 11 year old girl living in a crack house being traded for drugs daily.

I wish I had a million dollars.

M

MoneyMaker

Dang, I got a double whammy!! (good one lol)

I wish I had a million dollars.

granted! you just inherited a million dollars! Sadly you have also inherited the debts also. they total over 2 million dollars, and uncle sam wants his inheritance tax.

S

Sorcon Gartius

You forgot to make a wish, so I'll make one for you.

I wish you had a star crunch.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You forgot to make a wish, so I'll make one for you.

I wish you had a star crunch.

GRANTED! you bite into it, and find a razor blade!

I wish i still had "The Sims" install disks. So i could build 6X6 houses with no doors, a rug, and a fireplace, and burn my neighbors alive.

M

MoneyMaker

(sorry bout that, I was still reeling from the double whammy)

Granted! you miraculously find your disk and proceed to burn your neighbors alive, with one small error. Your didn't build a door for you to get out.

I wish I lived in paradise. (I remembered this time...... just forgot what else I was doing.... hmm)

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(sorry bout that, I was still reeling from the double whammy)

Granted! you miraculously find your disk and proceed to burn your neighbors alive, with one small error. Your didn't build a door for you to get out.

I wish I lived in paradise. (I remembered this time...... just forgot what else I was doing.... hmm)
Granted! You now live in paradise! However, you've also caught the swine flu.

I wish I was snapping into a slim jim

G

grandpa otis

Wish granted, only we're eating at Planet Hollywood and its all on your 'visa' card

I wish I could remember what I did yesterday,,or an hour ago even.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wish granted, only we're eating at Planet Hollywood and its all on your 'visa' card

I wish I could remember what I did yesterday,,or an hour ago even.

granted, you remember what you did an hour ago, and regret it for the rest of your life.

I wish people wouldnt completely ignore the fact that I f*cking posted.

IE - "Granted! You now live in paradise! However, you've also caught the swine flu.

I wish I was snapping into a slim jim "

-.-

D

Danse

Your wish has been granted...unfortunately "Slim Jim" is the name brand of a pair of THONGS....and YEAP!! their snapped alright..you may never get em' out...

I wish I was intelligent...*sighs*:dunce:

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Through a travel accident that leaves you stranded on a remote island with a class of Special Olympians on their way to the games in Asia, your wish is fulfilled.

I wish I felt less overwhelmed.

*edit- This thread is an AMAZING thinking and writing exercise. Thanks DO!

Also, my church is putting on a production of Into The Woods this summer. If you are not familiar with this play, and are enjoying the theme of this thread, I recommend you check it out on You Tube. Very meaty stuff. And yes, I have auditioned. No word back on that until later this week.*

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Granted you are no longer overwhelmed.... because you're sitting in a round rubber room in a straight jacket with nothing to do.

I wish for world peace.

A

Annienox

Wish granted, but now you have to move to the North Pole and have no internet connection. (ok I will give you 7 pairs of rabbit fur lined mittens to keep your fingers warm till ya get back to civilization! ;)

I wish supper tasted like it was made by a gormet chef but was fast like the Jetsons or Back to the future!

A

Annienox

Granted! You have your better job, too bad the pay is only a quarter of what you had before and the hours are double.

I wish that we could all get along.
wish granted! but now uo and all startics pages have been deleted and EA has decided to stop access to any internet games

I wish that more people would sell me their neon gift boxes at a reasonable price!

M

MoneyMaker

Granted! Everyone is selling their Neon gift boxes for just 100gp each. unfortunately the very next day the devs decide that the neon gift boxes are the cause of KR not working properly and delete them from the system.

I wish that wives came with a mute button. (Cru DO NOT, tell my wife I said that lol)

S

Sorcon Gartius

Granted, your wife comes with a mute button.. And her new boyfriend loves it.

I wish I could play basketball like Michael Jordan.

M

MoneyMaker

Granted! You can now play basketball like michael Jordan, unfortunately you have a accident the next day that results in both arms being amputated.

I wish I had an imagination.

MageCruella

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish supper tasted like it was made by a gormet chef but was fast like the Jetsons or Back to the future!
Granted, but you have a 30,000 student loan from a high end culinary school and YOU have to do the dishes.

I wish I had a 120 macer.

S

Sorcon Gartius

Granted, They put some in your casket while they were burying you alive.

I wish I was immortal.